What's new

Big US deals to be cleared

Major Shaitan Singh

Reaction score
Country
India
CHINOOK.jpg

August 19, 2013: The final days of the fiscal could have a marked American flavour, with a few of the US deals in the pipeline for conclusion. The Ministry of Defence (MoD) is understood to be in the final stage of negotiations for the heavy-lift helicopter and attack helicopter contracts, both to Boeing Defense, for the CH-47F Chinook and AH-64D Apache Block III respectively. The MoD is also in the process of finalising an order for six follow-on C-130J Super Hercules medium transports from Lockheed-Martin, a follow-on deal to the first six already in service.

AH-64D-Apache-2.jpg

The Indian Army will be breaking the Bofors jinx with an order for 145 M777 howitzers from BAE Systems, guns built in the United States, while the IAF will also begin the process to decide on a follow-on deal for 10 more C-17 Globemaster III heavy-lift transports from Boeing Defense. As the country gets closer to election season, signing of deals gets invariably passed over as a result of political sensitivities. However, this time around, things could be speeded up given the national security atmosphere.

Indian Defence Goal

Excellent news,finally.Need the mountain guns ASAP.

thats true n looking at the American rate of production, we might get our hands on those beauties in 1-2 years from the date of clearance...:yay:

thats true n looking at the American rate of production, we might get our hands on those beauties in 1-2 years from the date of clearance...:yay:

I expect guns to arrive from end 2014 if deal is signed this year.

Actually only howitzers are badly needed

And i would be more interested in a submarine production than other naval stuff right now.
Apaches are required for the sanctioned mountain division and C-17 are required for logistics as we lack this thing on china border.

Actually only howitzers are badly needed

And i would be more interested in a submarine production than other naval stuff right now.

We need heavy lift helos as only two mi-26 remain serviceable.
We need Apaches as Mi-35hinds are getting old and need replacements.

As far as submarines concerned we are building 6 scorpions and soon RFP going to be out for another 6 bigger submarines with AIPs. Also we are building Arhihant class nuclear submarine. Only problem is MDL does not able to absorb the technology of Scorpions otherwise scorpions might have started induction from next year.

I like American deals they get signed so fast & Rate of delivery is also world class

Back
Top Bottom