What's new

Big Three finally end. India lost both governance and revenue vote.

Not sure how this new revenue model is going to 'save' cricket. Pretty sure extra $20m to PCB is going directly in their own pockets, and not in helping build better infrastructure or scouting talent.
Yeh kya bakwas hai? Please educate yourself my Indian brother..
PCB isn't getting anything extra, as for saving the Cricket, see where the money goes now.
262184.jpg

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/story/1094846.html

Present and future
Present-we can see.
future-we shall see.

Yeh kya bakwas hai? Please educate yourself my Indian brother..
PCB isn't getting anything extra, as for saving the Cricket, see where the money goes now.
262184.jpg

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/story/1094846.html

Present-we can see.
future-we shall see.
I was responding to this :-).
So only BCCI is paying for all the expenses of associates. -50% revenue would mean BCCI will have to re-adjust how money is distributed among diff. departments. Huge loss to BCCI, I don't see them agreeing to this :-).

India should start it's own world cricket body and just have to wait for gravity to work on its own..

Wo jo nikle the humein ISOLATE krne
Khd ho ke reh gye ISOLATED !!!
Begaani shaadi me Abdullah deewana.. U need to know difference between isolating ourselves from others for our own good and facing isolation because of our situation..

Your Money My Money, ICC Money My Money, All Money My Money: BCCI

BCCI basically want all the money in the world. Even Afghanistan’s.

Lucky for the Afghans though that there’s a man sitting at the helm of World cricket who knows a thing or two about the functioning of the richest cricket board in the world.

Shashank Manohar stands for parity and since being elected Chairman of the ICC in May of 2016, his single motive has been to ensure India don’t eat up all the money in world cricket. Or in his words, “provide a strong foundation for the sport to grow and improve globally in the future through the adoption of the revised financial model and governance structure.”

As of 27 April, Manohar is a happy man.

Five days of one of ICC’s most intensive and controversial meetings and BCCI now stand to make just half of what they had expected, in the current ICC revenue cycle of 2016-2023.
thequint%2F2017-04%2Fe83a4c85-7049-4c72-a2e7-2cefe80b1034%2Fsports.jpg

N Srinivasan, in 2014, as Chairman of the ICC laid out a new revenue model in which India, England and Australia would collect a lion’s share of the board’s revenue.

Called the “Big Three”, this proposal was based on the premise that these three big nations of world cricket account for almost 80 percent of the sport’s revenue and thus should be rewarded accordingly.

Enter Manohar and in Feb 2017, he had convinced all voting boards in the ICC to roll back the flawed revenue model and share the board’s money in a more proportionate manner.

India would now get $293 million from ICC in an eight-year span instead of the earlier proposed $590 million.

thequint%2F2017-04%2F09f51afa-3957-4c1a-8519-f7dd058e7d89%2Fsports4%20(2).jpg

(Photo: Rahul Gupta/The Quint)

What Happened in Dubai?
You could call the last week in Dubai a coup, if Amitabh Chaudhary and his N Srinivasan-flavoured impertinence was not factored in.

While Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators’ Vikram Limaye represented the BCCI in ICC in its last meeting in February, the apex court relented and allowed Chaudhary to helm India’s “charge” for the meeting this past week. Big mistake.

Because between February and now, Shashank Manohar had appealed to the logic of the CoA members and negotiated a settlement of sorts, where BCCI would now be given $400 million, instead of the $293 million. There was one clause though; the offer would be off the table the moment India elected instead to take the case for a vote.

Amitabh Chaudhary, of course, wanted the vote.

The new model was passed 13 votes to one. Only India voted in India’s favour.

BCCI’s Alternate Offer
Choudhury though did go to Dubai with a plan. An offer, if you may, for the other Full member nations.

An ESPNCricinfo report says that the BCCI offered an altogether new formula for revenue sharing to the voting boards. One in which their share of the pie would remain the same as what ICC was currently offering them. Nothing would change for the big Test-playing nations.

So where would the BCCI’s $280 million deficit come from? Not the ICC. Not ECB or CA.

BCCI proposed to scoop out their deficit from the money allotted to two Associates - Ireland and Afghanistan. And what was still left to get, would be collected from cutting down the ICC’s administrative costs by $100 million.

The ICC is yet to tell us what is the basis on which a nation like Singapore stands to gain more. What exactly are the grounds? Can they explain how are they trying to cut down the Operational Costs of ICC which is USD 160 million?BCCI Official to PTI

Who Will Get How Much?
thequint%2F2017-04%2Ff524eb6c-976e-4acf-9146-cfb67f6dac4f%2Fsports2.jpg

With all 13 boards other than India voting for Manohar’s new model, England’s cricket board will now make $143 million in the 2016-2023 revenue cycle. Zimbabwe will receive $94 million and the remaining seven Full Members, including Australia, will make $132 million each.

Associate Members (like Ireland and Afghanistan) will receive funding of $280m.

India’s BCCI are now slated to make $293 million. Still more than double any other single cricket board.
thequint%2F2017-04%2Fd803328f-7edc-4e87-b48c-f044046480a1%2Fsports3.jpg

Champions Trophy Snub?
India’s biggest threat so far (and always) against unwanted administrative changes in the ICC has been to threaten a pull-out.

And on the line may well be India’s title defence of the Champions Trophy, an event that’s starting on 1 June 2017.

Citing the Members Participation Agreement (MPA) that gives the board the right to take drastic actions to safeguard India’s interests, BCCI officials already have started talking about a possible withdrawal from the event.

All options are open. They have basically disrespected the Members’ Participation Agreement that was earlier signed. As of now the joint secretary will go back and an emergent SGM will be called. He will then apprise the General Body about the developments and an appropriate decision will be taken.BCCI Official to PTI
The pull-out is the preferred path of the BCCI faction of India’s cricket administration. SC-appointed CoA Chief Vinod Rai, however, refused to add any more fuel to the fire burning off board members’ flayed egos.

"I would not like to comment on a hypothetical situation as none of the BCCI officials have spoken to me," Rai told PTI.

https://beta.thequint.com/cricket/2017/04/28/bcci-icc-revenue-shashank-manohar

To be honest no one follows Indian cricket that much
I have not watched a single Indian match for 4-5 years

So if noone watches their matches not sure why they are collected 290 Million dollars for ?

So only BCCI is paying for all the expenses of associates. -50% revenue would mean BCCI will have to re-adjust how money is distributed among diff. departments. Huge loss to BCCI, I don't see them agreeing to this :-).
Instead of all this nonsense , who ever earns the money should keep it. There is not point in sharing it.

Called the “Big Three”, this proposal was based on the premise that these three big nations of world cricket account for almost 80 percent of the sport’s revenue and thus should be rewarded accordingly.
looks fair, these countries earn the money and they should set the rules. Rest of the free riders should generate their own money instead of being party poopers.

looks fair, these countries earn the money and they should set the rules. Rest of the free riders should generate their own money instead of being party poopers.
It was flaw concept for development of cricket. You will be end up with just big three playing against each others when this game stop flourishing

Others boards will contribute only if you don't dictate and let cricket flourish in there ..if you look at BCCI then it was not rich at early stages

Shit I'm going to the champions league game between Pak and India. Hope they don't pull out.

Instead of all this nonsense , who ever earns the money should keep it. There is not point in sharing it.
Tbh it doesn't matter to us if other boards get extra money, it will always help the quality of cricket. But at the expense of our own? That is not fair. There has always been corruption in BCCI, so do in other boards too, and will always be there to some extent. Now if you take 50% of the revenue away, wonder how much actual money will go down the stream? It can potentially affect the quality of cricket in India.
https://sports.ndtv.com/indian-prem...appy-with-bccis-pay-hike-demands-more-1677358

They should call their team back, that would be right thing for them to do , the tournament is for morally big countries like Pakistan and England or Australia no room for Indian

I don't see BCCI having a choice, live with the reality your board will soon accept it with some further arrangements.

I don't see BCCI having a choice, live with the reality your board will soon accept it with some further arrangements.
I wonder if India refuses to participate in ICC tournaments for say one year or two years, what will happen to the revenue. Remember, if the revenue pot is 70% smaller, even one third of the pot will much smaller. Will the other boards have a bigger piece of a very small pie or a smaller piece of a much bigger pie? I think ICC and other boards will capitulate, bottom line is very hard to argue against.

To be honest no one follows Indian cricket that much
I have not watched a single Indian match for 4-5 years

So if noone watches their matches not sure why they are collected 290 Million dollars for ?
You don't but around 500-600 million Indians do. That is a non negligible number for anyone to ignore.

Back
Top Bottom