What's new

Big Three finally end. India lost both governance and revenue vote.

You are getting emotional, BCCI is never leaving ICC, never, never , never. You will most likely see BCCI making further arrangements with ICC in coming months.
I was merely suggesting the extreme possiblity.

What is more likely is that BCCI and CoA will exercise their right to not participating in the matches arranged by ICC. It will stay like this for sometime and then both side will agree on 400/450/500 million dollar figure instead of 540 million dollars figure.

I was merely suggesting the extreme possiblity.

What is more likely is that BCCI and CoA will exercise their right to not participating in the matches arranged by ICC. It will stay like this for sometime and then both side will agree on 400/450/500 million dollar figure instead of 540 million dollars figure.
India generates 80 % of revenue , lets stop participating in ICC tournaments for a year then ICC will know the blunder they are committing , Countries like pakistan dont deserve 100 million USD

Do you all agree?
I do!
My reason is not the clout BCCI has in ICC, but rather how things are managed till now in BCCI.
I've been a great admirer of how Cricket Australia is run in corporate style where all members are paid. here in India until very recently when Supreme court intervened and asked Board to end its decades old practice of having rich businessmen and politicians on governing council. These members had little experience as players and focused solely on financial part of game. Being immensely popular, cricket generates astronomical revenue and honestly we as common citizens donot know what happens to that money.
I would rather want professional managers run the administration and former players take care of technical parts of game.
BCCI has been able to extend this power to ICC and with lion's share of revenue going back to rich boards, cricket is actually facing problem of not reaching wider audience.
ICC first aim should be increasing reach of games to new countries especially the ones where we have large South Asian population by putting more money in creating administration and facilities and organizing tournaments.
Second they must look into the financial problems of cricketing boards of Zimbabwe and West indies.
These changes cannot come unless board members agree not to run after money and think of larger interest of game. I do hope these changes start to come soon.

@WAJsal @MastanKhan

India generates 80 % of revenue , lets stop participating in ICC tournaments for a year then ICC will know the blunder they are committing , Countries like pakistan dont deserve 100 million USD
lol Why?

Because your contribution to that revenue is not even 10 million
because we can't play at home. dumb dumb

and we can play at home because india sponsored terrorist attacked a foreign team bus about a decade ago.

India should back out of CT17.

If India creates alternative world body, the ICC days are over.
Exactly , this can and should be done

And what play with itself?
because we can't play at home. dumb dumb

and we can play at home because india sponsored terrorist attacked a foreign team bus about a decade ago.
Even if you have home series dude with tv viewing population of just 36 million you wont contribute even 5 % of what India dose

@anant_s @WAJsal @fatman17 good for cricket. Do you all agree?

I know that the Indian board is the main contribute to the ICC revenue but in long run no single board or even a small group should be allowed to control the body that is meant to control cricket WORLDWIDE!

I think what happened is excellent for cricket. Also i hope we can stop the stupid act of bringing just 8 or 10 teams in main event. The numbers should gradually increase as this is the only way to promote cricket. I mean, we all loved watching Afghanistan playing the last world cup. It will be sad that the teams like Afghanistan and Ireland are confined to just playing against each other. We need them in mega events to add that uncertainty factor and extra spice. That will improve there game as well and overall, CRICKET will be the winner.
It still has to be ratified in June ICC meeting, so anything can happen still but yes I was always against the Big 3 concept, which would have killed cricket in the other ICC member countries. BTW which country sided with lndia? BD or SL.

It still has to be ratified in June ICC meeting, so anything can happen still but yes I was always against the Big 3 concept, which would have killed cricket in the other ICC member countries. BTW which country sided with lndia? BD or SL.
Srilanka

Hypothetically speaking what would happen if ICC orders its other members not to send players to IPL...wouldn't IPL see a dip in its revenue without foreign star players? Another thing isn't a lot of hype about IPL because of players from the Indian National team? wouldn't that take a hit too?
You are getting emotional, BCCI is never leaving ICC, never, never , never. You will most likely see BCCI making further arrangements with ICC in coming months.
BCCI pretty much rule ICC and has major clout over other boards. They do not let any other board to have any cricket when IPL is happening.

Well in pakistan's case if the grapes are sour then BCCI is not to blame. Even their tour with WI is missing all the WI stars for IPL.

BCCI pretty much rule ICC and has major clout over other boards. They do not let any other board to have any cricket when IPL is happening.

Well in pakistan's case if the grapes are sour then BCCI is not to blame. Even their tour with WI is missing all the WI stars for IPL.
Wrong, England and Australia and others teams have played during IPL. So much for ruling when you get 8-2 vote against you. Even Bangladesh didn't vote in your favor.

Pakistan , west indies and south africa will be taught a lesson
Austalia, England, Bangladesh are missing from your list.

Wrong, England and Australia and others teams have played during IPL. So much for ruling when you get 8-2 vote against you. Even Bangladesh didn't vote in your favor.
Because they are getting more money they are definitely voting against BCCI. But if India pulls out from one of their bilateral series, they will in to time be acting like pakistan.

Because they are getting more money they are definitely voting against BCCI. But if India pulls out from one of their bilateral series, they will in to time be acting like pakistan.
Amir Liaquat is not Pakistan. They have played their part to save Cricket.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom