What's new

Biden says he'll soon outline his administration's plans to make high-quality masks free to Americans

ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Biden says he'll soon outline his administration's plans to make high-quality masks free to Americans

President Joe Biden speaks about the government's COVID-19 response, in the South Court Auditorium in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building on the White House Campus in Washington, Thursday, January 13, 2022.

President Joe Biden speaks about the government's COVID-19 response, in the South Court Auditorium in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building on the White House Campus in Washington, Thursday, January 13, 2022. (Andrew Harnik/AP)

President Biden said he will soon detail plans for his administration to make high-quality masks free to Americans.
"I know that for some Americans, a mask is not always affordable or convenient to get, so next week we will announce how we are making high-quality masks available to the American people for free," Biden said in remarks from the White House.
"I know we all wish could finally be done with wearing masks, I get it, but they are a really important tool to stop the spread, especially of the highly transmissible Omicron variant," he said.

Earlier in his remarks, Biden once again reiterated the importance of wearing a mask.

Biden also acknowledged the malaise that the country is feeling during this latest onslaught of Covid-19 cases.

"I know we're all frustrated as we enter this new year — the Omicron variant is causing millions of cases and record hospitalizations," he said, before reiterating his belief that the pandemic is primarily affecting the unvaccinated in a plea for people to get their shots.

"Right now, both vaccinated and unvaccinated people are testing positive, but what happens after that could not be more different."

CNN's Jeremy Diamond, Paul LeBlanc, Kate Sullivan, Kaitlan Collins and Betsy Klein contributed reporting to this post.

Biden announces deployment of federal medical teams to 6 additional states
From CNN's Elise Hammond

President Joe Biden speaks about the government's COVID-19 response, in the South Court Auditorium in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building on the White House Campus in Washington, Thursday, Jan. 13, 2022.
President Joe Biden speaks about the government's COVID-19 response, in the South Court Auditorium in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building on the White House Campus in Washington, Thursday, Jan. 13, 2022. (Andrew Harnik/AP)

President Biden said six additional federal medical teams will be deployed to six more states to help hospitals overwhelmed by Covid-19.

The more than 120 medical and military personnel will go to facilities in Michigan, New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Rhode Island and New Mexico.
"It's been a long road. But what's clear as we get through this, when everybody does their part – no matter where you live, no matter your political party, we've got to fight this together. Unfortunately, the military stepping up, as they always do, there are others sitting on the sidelines," the President said.
"If you haven't gotten vaccinated, do it," he added.

Biden said on top of these new medical teams, more than 800 military and other federal emergency personnel have been deployed to 24 states, tribes and territories since Thanksgiving. That includes more than 350 military doctors, nurses and medics, the President said.

Biden said his administration has also shipped personal protective equipment to health care workers and have directed FEMA to make sure there is enough hospital bed capacity.

Well instead of spending the extra money on stricter screening at airports for Omicron a month ago he's going to spend hundreds of millions on masks.

Why spend a little on prevention when you can spend a lot on a non-cure.

Last edited:
Better than spending hundreds of thousands for every retard in the ICU.

I think giving people mask emergency kits is not a bad idea.

Certainly if we all had them in 2020 we wouldn't have had a mad scramble trying to find some. I already have a supply ready so I won't have to go through all that again.

Last edited:
I think giving people mask emergency kits is not a bad idea.

Certainly if we all had them in 2020 we wouldn't have had a mad scramble trying to find some. I already have supply ready so I won't have to go through all that again.

The man seem has no more business of state importance than setting up mask factories - something which can be done by anybody with few million dollars.

Biden, IMHO, is one of the weakest US politicians who ever sat in the White House in the last 100 years. Ben Laden was right on the point about Biden.

High end? I have a similar mask didn't even realize it is high end

Well instead of spending the extra money on stricter screening at airports he's going to spend hundreds of millions on masks.

You cannot stop Covid at the borders in a western society - thought people had learnt that lesson by now ..

Well instead of spending the extra money on stricter screening at airports he's going to spend hundreds of millions on masks.

Am I just noticing it more as I get older, or are politicians everywhere getting more and more stupid?

I thought America had peaked and Dubya, but then you got Trump. Now this guy is talking about high quality masks...

High end? I have a similar mask didn't even realize it is high end
He probably means N95 Masks
Am I just noticing it more as I get older, or are politicians everywhere getting more and more stupid?

I thought America had peaked and Dubya, but then you got Trump. Now this guy is talking about high quality masks...

No offense to older people, but we have a gerontocracy here in the US. Younger people; middle age people would want to plan for the future and take calculated risks, but with the risk averse nature of many older people we get these policies. Couple that with how litigatious society is, no one wants to be seen facing lawsuits. Although, Biden isn’t the worst, he did get the infrastructure bill passed and has pushed to get people vaccinated. Those two things will be the most positive aspects of his legacy.

And if you think this is bad, guess who wants to run in 2024... Hillary. :disagree:

The man seem has no more business of state importance than setting up mask factories - something which can be done by anybody with few million dollars.

Nah,why look long term when the government can do this

Why invest in jobs and companies here..oh by the way the government will make sure to keep blaming the rich people for this country's problems.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom