What's new

Bhutan keen to export hydro-electricity to Bangladesh

Similarly getting a NE transit is not our emergency infact it is an additional route.

really ? then why you are asking ( actually begging over the years )
?

And here you are loosing. We are keeping water and we are fine with our own connectivity. ;)

I think status quo should continue. :P

Chal kal phir milte hain..bye :P
then you are happy with china leading of Asia ? :rofl:

Bhutan is totally reliant on India, they have no other option but to be with India.

That has been true until recently as india was able to force Bhutan feeding them anti China mantra. But recently Bhutan approached China and China responded positively. If Bhutan China relation florish, economic, hydro and other cooperation will follow.

On geo strategc landscape things are moving quite fast now a days (beyond the scope of this forum and discussion) but suffice to say india's worth against China and for Asian pivot is marketdly decreasing.

not really , after we get water we will think about transit issue. it is prerequisite of transit. then we will talk about transit's terms and conditions.

Transit is a deal between 3/more countries whereby a country (A) get access to another country(C) via a third country (B). What India wants can be termed as corridor. A bilateral treaty. Did U even wondered why Indo-awami crooks use this improper term?

Also giving transit is a security risk for BD which have been harped and said a million times by political & security analyst of BD. Did U read any news papers other prothom alo and daily farting star?Rather then burning amardesh or nayadiganta U should have spend some time reading those and broaden your horizons. Its important to know both sides to get a clear picture.

Giving them transit would give them rampant access to BD & proliferate open arms & drugs smuggling. Did U forget CHT insurgency, ever heard of bongo bhumi andolon. DO U know the ability a country like India possess to stage false flag ops in other countries whose consequences would be next to impossible to fend off by a country like BD at its current state. What about the rampant access India would have into BD market. Do U have tatas and mahindras yet to compete against them? Now don't parrot eg. of Switzerland and singapore. Their geographical and strategic surrounding is nothing like S.asia and neither they have any similarity to BD whether economy or military. Do U think chinese would bother to have a relation with such a BD?

Such relations & deals occur between equals, state that has a strong and effective security apparatus (intellegence, military, good law & order etc) can forge such deals not a country ruled by a dalal regime. First achieve strenght before even contemplating giving corridor. But then again U folks R doing mutkijuddho with candle lights and biryani while anyone arguing against it becomes R*zakar. :lol:

And water is our right. It should have nothing to do with the corridor abdar Indians have.

Transit is a deal between 3/more countries whereby a country (A) get access to another country(C) via a third country (B). What India wants can be termed as corridor. A bilateral treaty. Did U even wondered why Indo-awami crooks use this improper term?

Also giving transit is a security risk for BD which have been harped and said a million times by political & security analyst of BD. Did U read any news papers other prothom alo and daily farting star?Rather then burning amardesh or nayadiganta U should have spend some time reading those and broaden your horizons. Its important to know both sides to get a clear picture.

Giving them transit would give them rampant access to BD & proliferate open arms & drugs smuggling. Did U forget CHT insurgency, ever heard of bongo bhumi andolon. DO U know the ability a country like India possess to stage false flag ops in other countries whose consequences would be next to impossible to fend off by a country like BD at its current state. What about the rampant access India would have into BD market. Do U have tatas and mahindras yet to compete against them? Now don't parrot eg. of Switzerland and singapore. Their geographical and strategic surrounding is nothing like S.asia and neither they have any similarity to BD whether economy or military. Do U think chinese would bother to have a relation with such a BD?
Such relations & deals occur between equals, state that has a strong and effective security apparatus (intellegence, military, good law & order etc) can forge such deals not a country infested and ruled by sell out dalals.

And water is our right. It should have nothing to do with the abdar Indians.

1. first stop talking trash with me, talk nicely.
2 I know what India can do, thats why i am saying need to check all stuff before giving them transit.

Show me where I talked "trash".:lol: R U considering posing question as trash. Comprehension problem?:undecided:
1. Did U read any news papers other prothom alo and daily farting star?Rather then burning amardesh or nayadiganta U should have spend some time reading those and broaden your horizons.

2. But then again U folks R doing mutkijuddho with candle lights and biryani while anyone arguing against it becomes R*zakar

read your post again.

@WebMaster check this out please.

Unless BD gives us transit to NE, we are not giving them access to BD and Nepali power.

Its U Indian begging for transit/corridor. Giving Indian such a privilege at the cost of BD's internal security, socio-economic stability can only be imagined by a dalal awami gov. Lucky for U, GOI have screwed BD bigtime. Corridor is NOT and NEVER will be equal to anything India deceptively offers except for may be large chunk of Indian territories like NE & WB. :pop:

Awami BD don't watch for BD interest. :frown:

Security issues aside, there's a lack of clarity behind the transit with India. It is said it'll cost more than $7 billion, and that is a lot of money.

There have been no clarifications about financing, on what basis the project will be carried out, and it was said that the GoB had been trying to avoid the GATT framework as far as the transit fees are concerned.

Who would be the contractors? No information on that.

We've seen what happened during Khaleda Zia's (opposition leader) visit to India last year. They simply nodded their heads in agreement regarding transit. No further details or discussion.

Seemed more like lip service over tea and biscuits if you ask me. I mean, how can there be so much indifference over such a huge and complex project?

not really , after we get water we will think about transit issue. it is prerequisite of transit. then we will talk about transit's terms and conditions.

The transit and the water issue are completely separate.

Security issues aside, there's a lack of clarity behind the transit with India. It is said it'll cost more than $7 billion, and that is a lot of money.

There have been no clarifications about financing, on what basis the project will be carried out, and it was said that the GoB had been trying to avoid the GATT framework as far as the transit fees are concerned.

We've seen what happened during Khaleda Zia's (opposition leader) visit to India last year. They simply nodded their heads in agreement regarding transit. No further details or discussion.

Seemed more like lip service over tea and biscuits if you ask me. I mean, how can there be so much indifference over such a huge and complex project?

The transit and the water issue are completely separate.

I said water is our right. without getting the right we will not talk about other issues. why you guys make it so complex ?

Not only that, awami advisers were giving citizens doses of civility and giving India this corridor for free. This country simply isn't strong enough to forge such a deal with a country like India. Our geography it self is vulnerability. Indians want it desperately and this BAL regime has severely weakened both the state apparatus and BNP to fend off against such a Indian trap. A pretty sad state of affairs IMO.

I said water is our right. without getting the right we will not talk about other issues. why you guys make it so complex ?

It's called diplomacy dear.

What happened was that the government deliberately mixed the water issue with the transit one, even though both parties did not agree to tie the two issues together in the first place.

Lax diplomacy I must say on part of Bangladesh.

The water issue can be solved by having a contractual agreement with India on having a fair share of the water. As of now, we haven't seen any.

Indian "tripartite" reference is clear effort to control and kill any deal between Bangladesh and Nepal or Bhutan.
The fact that your arguments are divorced from intelligence are only too nicely amplified by the statement above.
If India wanted to "kill" your deals it wouldn't have insisted on asking for collective dialogue on the matter.
Simple logic, that you've failed to exhibit, would tell you, in matters of negotiations

India Vs [Bangladesh+Nepal+Bhutan] > India Vs [Bangladesh/Nepal/Bhutan]

The fact that India wants the collective participation of concerned entities during negotiations to openly interact & resolve any issues that may crop up is itself proof of its sincere intent to enable co-operation, contrary to your illogical assertion to the negative

India's stand is so unlike your all-supreme China that is averse to face the collective might of countries bordering the South China Sea & insists on negotiating in isolation, in their effort to play games & pit one against the other, so that at the end they end up losing

Your effort to fuel your Anti-India diatribe are often betrayed by the puny little thing called "facts". Bhutan's Prime Minister
"Why three of us should not discuss how can we meet the needs of Bangladesh sooner than later?" he said while addressing a press conference at Pan Pacific Sonargaon Hotel yesterday evening.
Bhutan for tri-nation talk

India is only reiterating what is also Bhutan's position, as would be the position of any sensible entity

It's called diplomacy dear.

What happened was that the government deliberately mixed the water issue with the transit one, even though both parties did not agree to tie the two issues together in the first place.

Lax diplomacy I must say on part of Bangladesh.

The water issue can be solved by having a contractual agreement with India on having a fair share of the water. As of now, we haven't seen any.

diplomacy with me ? :what:

i asked why you are making my comment complex. you said diplomacy dear. so i asked " diplomacy with me ?"

Oh, are such matters simple? :D

I honestly wish they were, but reality says otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom