What's new

Bhutan keen to export hydro-electricity to Bangladesh

Yes, we always want our rights, in 1947 we wanted it too, but did not get it, same thing happened in 1971. It is because we and our leaders do not understand geopolitics and always commit blunder. That is why we have always chosen the worst options available.

Even Mujib did not want independent Bangladesh, but his underlings Awami League did, and probably some were in Indian payroll, who engineered crackdown against Bihari's since January 1971 and as a reaction to clean up these element, Operation Searchlight was started on the night of the 25th March. This Operation Searchlight changed the mood of Bangladeshi's from autonomy to independence. Please read about the background here:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...bureau-ib-r-aw-east-pakistan-1963-1971-a.html

In the end we are responsible for our fate and must take responsibility for our own actions, instead of blaming others.

I do not support begging to India for anything, only our fair share of water, which is our right. And yes no transit in any form should be given in the foreseeable future, till we reach a parity in balance of power situation. Only after that we will be in a position to negotiate.

I know RAW played a big role in 1971. but i do not about this. i will check this article. 1965 indo-pak war , Bangladeshi soldiers played big role and we gave them big threat than Pakistan that time, so it is obvious that India wanted to divide the country.

We need you more? Why? You have other water sources? We have other roads available.

yea thats why now and then you are asking for transit. lol

First out transit and then electricity one. After all we are the one who are holding water and have an alternative route as well. :whistle:

ehehe nice try :lol:

India buys most of Bhutans energy exports. In that sense Bhutan is dependent on India. India may not want to let go of that.

The other issue is transit to NE.

They either need to drop this slow dance, or go about it in different way.

Bhutan joined to India for development. If India becomes against their development then i am sure Bhutan will leave India in future. i am saying this now because Bhutan wants to export to earn more, if india oppose it , then india will be bad boy here :D

A supposed/alleged communal act do not justify an act where military is unleashed on the innocent people, additionally East Pakistanis forces were rounded up in the barracks/disarmed or something to that extent.

I know it is not justified, that is why Bangladesh was born. Operation Searchlight was one of the biggest mistakes by Pakistan Army and admin. But we need to understand the background how geopolitical chess was being played by India, specially Indira, using her newly formed RAW, under Kao and using their agents within AL, to bring Pakistan Army and admin into a corner to create a desperate situation and thus use their every mistake.

They were convinced that the country was infiltrated with foreign agents, saboteurs and other operators and they went for a cleansing act. But it was too broad and people took it as an attack on them. That was the final straw, that broke the proverbial camel's back.

Bhutan joined to India for development. If India becomes against their development then i am sure Bhutan will leave India in future. i am saying this now because Bhutan wants to export to earn more, if india oppose it , then india will be bad boy here :D

Bhutan is totally reliant on India, they have no other option but to be with India.

I know it is not justified, that is why Bangladesh was born. Operation Searchlight was one of the biggest mistakes by Pakistan Army and admin. But we need to understand the background how geopolitical chess was being played by India, specially Indira, using her newly formed RAW, under Kao and using their agents within AL, to bring Pakistan Army and admin into a corner to create a desperate situation and thus use their every mistake.

They were convinced that the country was infiltrated with foreign agents, saboteurs and other operators and they went for a cleansing act. But it was too broad and people took it as an attack on them. That was the final straw, that broke the proverbial camel's back.

Do not worry, India messed with all of its neighbor. India is going to pay for its over confidence in near future. Just check Bangladesh, without raw like agents the whole bangladesh is becoming pro china, leaving India. India could take the place easily if they played win-win situation game. Dividing the country becomes value less now :D

Bhutan is totally reliant on India, they have no other option but to be with India.

it has very good option ( china ) :D

Unless, someday, in the far future, when this region develops and people have the option to seceded peacefully like Scotland is doing from UK, and North East 8 sister states decide to secede from mainland India and join ASEAN, where they truly belong. For good measures, if Indians keep discriminating and exploiting Bengali's in West Bengal, then they should secede as well, to make ASEAN a bigger and more powerful group.

In the above scenario, both Bhutan and Nepal will also then have the option to join ASEAN.

ehehe nice try :lol:

our tries are now paying dividends :lol:

Do not worry, India messed with all of its neighbor. India is going to pay for its over confidence in near future. Just check Bangladesh, without raw like agents the whole bangladesh is becoming pro china, leaving India. India could take the place easily if they played win-win situation game. Dividing the country becomes value less now :D

Unfortunately, BD only has 2 neighbors and we all know how good relations are :wink:

Unless, someday, in the far future, when this region develops and people have the option to seceded peacefully like Scotland is doing from UK, and North East 8 sister states decide to secede from mainland India and join ASEAN, where they truly belong. For good measures, if Indians keep discriminating and exploiting Bengali's in West Bengal, then they should secede as well, to make ASEAN a bigger and more powerful group.

In the above scenario, both Bhutan and Nepal will also then have the option to join ASEAN.

Aapka bus chale to aap pakistan, Afghanistan ko bhi ASEAN join karwa de :lol:

I think in near future BD will disintegrate and we will capture the land required for our transit. This will also help us to retain all the water.

yes but we have the "right share" now ;)

And that will remain "RIGHT: till we want it to be :P

Unfortunately, BD only has 2 neighbors and we all know how good relations are :wink:

Myanmar is going to be mess with us , we are good now :D , and you will come to us for transit(the ultimate tram card), you want to lead the asia , do not you ? then you need the transit :D

it has very good option ( china ) :D

Yes, I think India must pay for its past actions and meddling in our landmass, after 1947.

Pro-China, Pro-West is all good to balance India, temporarily, but we do not have land border with China, so our situation is a little different than Pakistan.

That is why for the long term I propose a different solution:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/164048-kalu_miahs-new-world-order-road-map-future.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/180755-geopolitics-asean-region.html

Yes, I think India must pay for its past actions and meddling in our landmass, after 1947.

Pro-China, Pro-West is all good to balance India, temporarily, but we do not have land border with China, so our situation is a little different than Pakistan.

That is why for the long term I propose a different solution:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/164048-kalu_miahs-new-world-order-road-map-future.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/180755-geopolitics-asean-region.html

we will go through Myanmar , you know Myanmar also pro china :D

Back
Top Bottom