What's new

Bhutan keen to export hydro-electricity to Bangladesh

Let me tell you the truth:

now there is a popular debate going on in Bangladesh "Is India a true friend of Bangladesh or a enemy with mash of friend? Are they really cared about us in 1971 ? or just took the chance to divide Pakistan ?"

well first we will try in soft way ,if it does not work then we will go in hard way ;)

In international relations, there is no permanent friend, only permanent interests. The exception is if you go for a regional union (google New Regionalism Approach):
Realpolitik - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Balance of power (international relations) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for trying the soft way or hard way, you carry a big stick and speak softly. But problem is we lost our stick called votes, when our idiot previous generations decided on partition in 1947 and then again decided to divide the country further in 1971. I know this will sound crazy, but in geopolitical terms, it was a loss for both Pakistan and Bangladesh and a gain for India, because the threat was reduced, from one bigger state to two smaller states.

Pakistan has a temporary respite due to its nuclear warheads, because it is in a kind of MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) situation with India. But India has a higher rate of growth, so it is only a matter of time, this balance is going to tilt in India's favor. For Bangladesh, India will never allow us to have much growth, because it is risky for India, as Bangladesh may turn into another Pakistan, using nukes to threaten India's existence.

I proposed a different economic and regional integration approach to solve this imbalance of power situation, in a more global generalized solution, the details are in this thread:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/164048-kalu_miahs-new-world-order-road-map-future.html

In international relations, there is no permanent friend, only permanent interests. The exception is if you go for a regional union (google New Regionalism Approach):
Realpolitik - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Balance of power (international relations) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for trying the soft way or hard way, you carry a big stick and speak softly. But problem is we lost our stick called votes, when our idiot previous generations decided on partition in 1947 and then again decided to divide the country further in 1971. I know this will sound crazy, but in geopolitical terms, it was a loss for both Pakistan and Bangladesh and a gain for India, because the threat was reduced, from one bigger state to two smaller states.

Pakistan has a temporary respite due to its nuclear warheads, because it is in a kind of MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) situation with India. But India has a higher rate of growth, so it is only a matter of time, this balance is going to tilt in India's favor. For Bangladesh, India will never allow us to have much growth, because it is risky for India, as Bangladesh may turn into another Pakistan, using nukes to threaten India's existence.

I proposed a different economic and regional integration approach to solve this imbalance of power situation, in a more global generalized solution, the details are in this thread:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/164048-kalu_miahs-new-world-order-road-map-future.html

I understand what you are saying. You also know that we did not want to be separated from Pakistan , just wanted our rights. We did not get it , so at the end of the we had to fought for independence. It is true that India was really happy when we fought for independence. My point is small countries can take their rights from other big countries if they really force it. Unfortunately our politicians do not have guts (whoever comes in power) and only care about themselves.

I hope India can act as the bigger brother for once and allow transit between Bhutan and Bangladesh on their own independent terms, even if they don't allow us transit to the northeast. Enough of this petty squabbling. Honestly, no one loses anything with transit through either of our countries. It's just ego that's holding both of us back from saving our resources.

To the friends here saying that Indians view Bangladesh's loss as our gain, please don't make such broad brush comments. I'm sure the vast majority of Indians want nothing but peace and prosperity for BD. Some are just concerned about the issue of border crossings, but even that is not very significant considering all things.

I hope India can act as the bigger brother for once and allow transit between Bhutan and Bangladesh on their own independent terms, even if they don't allow us transit to the northeast. Enough of this petty squabbling. Honestly, no one loses anything with transit through either of our countries. It's just ego that's holding both of us back from saving our resources.

To the friends here saying that Indians view Bangladesh's loss as our gain, please don't make such broad brush comments. I'm sure the vast majority of Indians want nothing but peace and prosperity for BD. Some are just concerned about the issue of border crossings, but even that is not very significant considering all things.

I think where all the previous generations of New Delhi decision-makers and planners have erred is in assuming Bangladesh as some very weak state and India a giant and thus Bangladesh should naturally be under the Indian-orbit.

This is a mistake, we are in our own ways a strong country and New Delhi strategists need to accept that and our fiercely independent nature.

India has from its angle concerns over Bangladesh being used by certain foreign powers (who shall remain unnamed) using Bangladesh to cause problems for India. That is perhaps the Indian perception and I definitely believe Bangladesh should not - unless as a counter-measure - do anything that causes unnecessary friction with India.

China is far cleverer and has far more support in Bangladesh as they treat us with respect, the fruits of this policy can be seen in China dominating Bangladesh in terms of military ties and defence products.

New Delhi needs to follow similar policies of respect for Bangladesh.

Welcome to the forum and get ready for your blood pressure to rise due to trolls. :D

@Hammer-fist Its not like this. After your independence we didn't took any land from you and could have taken some land in Chicken corridor to wider that region.

Point is, India don't have problems with BD but the smuggling of arms into NE states and illegal migration which compromises our security and social stability of many parts of India.

India won't use military force against Bangladesh but rather use these things as leverage to ask them to take control of situation. After all our national interest comes first.

Recently, BD has been working with India on border and stopping arms smuggling and these are good CBM measures.

China deals with your country because of your strategic location and they don't share border with you. If China was in our place, they would have dealt with you in same fashion it's dealing with other SCS nations for territorial claims.

We never take you as inferior or anything. we respect your territorial integrity and we also want economic growth of Bangladesh so that reverse migration starts and also provide more customer base for Indian companies. Developed BD is in India's national interest and I can go on and on over it.

So try to see the situation from our POV. Also, how China would have dealt with you if it was in our place. We know what happened to Tibet and those islands case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me tell you the truth:

now there is a popular debate going on in Bangladesh "Is India a true friend of Bangladesh or a enemy with mash of friend? Are they really cared about us in 1971 ? or just took the chance to divide Pakistan ?"

Let me tell you the truth from our side..."Do we really need a country like BD whose population is crazy for illegally entering India?" What we should do with these ungrateful people. We donot care about 1971. You may unify with Pakistan.

Let me tell you the truth from our side..."Do we really need a country like BD whose population is crazy for illegally entering India?" What we should do with these ungrateful people. We donot care about 1971. You may unify with Pakistan.
GOOD, then do not beg for transit lol

GOOD, then do not beg for transit lol

Our transit is in addition to one we already have (through India). But guess what...no electricity transit will mean ZERO power to BD.

Now dont beg for it..lamo

I understand what you are saying. You also know that we did not want to be separated from Pakistan , just wanted our rights. We did not get it , so at the end of the we had to fought for independence. It is true that India was really happy when we fought for independence. My point is small countries can take their rights from other big countries if they really force it. Unfortunately our politicians do not have guts (whoever comes in power) and only care about themselves.

Yes, we always want our rights, in 1947 we wanted it too, but did not get it, same thing happened in 1971. It is because we and our leaders do not understand geopolitics and always commit blunder. That is why we have always chosen the worst options available.

Even Mujib did not want independent Bangladesh, but his underlings Awami League did, and probably some were in Indian payroll, who engineered crackdown against Bihari's since January 1971 and as a reaction to clean up these element, Operation Searchlight was started on the night of the 25th March. This Operation Searchlight changed the mood of Bangladeshi's from autonomy to independence. Please read about the background here:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...bureau-ib-r-aw-east-pakistan-1963-1971-a.html

In the end we are responsible for our fate and must take responsibility for our own actions, instead of blaming others.

Our transit is in addition to one we already have (through India). But guess what...no electricity transit will mean ZERO power to BD.

I do not support begging to India for anything, only our fair share of water, which is our right. And yes no transit in any form should be given in the foreseeable future, till we reach a parity in balance of power situation. Only after that we will be in a position to negotiate.

through india ? going around big path ? lol i guess you are not good in math lol do you know how much it is expensive going around that big path ?

Without bhutan's offer we aredoing good. Bhutan has offered us, we did not asked for it. lol check the topic again. poor you. lmfao

I do not support begging to India for anything, only our fair share of water, which is our right. And yes no transit in any form should be given in the foreseeable future, till we reach a parity in balance of power situation. Only after that we will be in a position to negotiate.

Nobody loves begging. Your water shares are negotiated and are properly given to you.

Now you dont want to give transit but you expect India to give electricity transit??

We dont need a transit as we already have connectivity to NE through India. But it seems there can be no electricity from Nepal/bhutan to BD without India.

BTW you will never be in a better/equal position to negotiate. Reason being..we already have a connectivity to NE and secondly you dont share border with Nepal/Bhutan and thirdly we control the waters.

through india ? going around big path ? lol i guess you are not good in math lol do you know how much it is expensive going around that big path ?

It is expensive that the transit through BD but the cost is not that high. Thats why all the govts in India only does some lip service regarding Corridor.

Without bhutan's offer we aredoing good. Bhutan has offered us, we did not asked for it. lol check the topic again. poor you. lmfao

poor chap. look at the electricity conditions in BD and then talk.

Nobody loves begging. Your water shares are negotiated and are properly given to you.

Now you dont want to give transit but you expect India to give electricity transit??

We dont need a transit as we already have connectivity to NE through India. But it seems there can be no electricity from Nepal/bhutan to BD without India.

BTW you will never be in a better/equal position to negotiate. Reason being..we already have a connectivity to NE and secondly you dont share border with Nepal/Bhutan and thirdly we control the waters.

if we get water then we will give you transit .
at the same time you will pay us for the transit through bangladesh , we will pay you for transit through india.
:enjoy: and there will be equal position, because you need more than us :D

at the same time you will pay us for the transit through bangladesh , we will pay you for transit through india.
:enjoy:

First out transit and then electricity one. After all we are the one who are holding water and have an alternative route as well. :whistle:

:enjoy: and there will be equal position, because you need more than us :D

We need you more? Why? You have other water sources? We have other roads available.

Yes, we always want our rights, in 1947 we wanted it too, but did not get it, same thing happened in 1971. It is because we and our leaders do not understand geopolitics and always commit blunder. That is why we have always chosen the worst options available.

Even Mujib did not want independent Bangladesh, but his underlings Awami League did, and probably some were in Indian payroll, who engineered crackdown against Bihari's since January 1971 and as a reaction to clean up these element, Operation Searchlight was started on the night of the 25th March. This Operation Searchlight changed the mood of Bangladeshi's from autonomy to independence. Please read about the background here:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...bureau-ib-r-aw-east-pakistan-1963-1971-a.html

In the end we are responsible for our fate and must take responsibility for our own actions, instead of blaming others.

A supposed/alleged communal act do not justify an act where military is unleashed on the innocent people, additionally East Pakistanis forces were rounded up in the barracks/disarmed or something to that extent.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom