What's new

Better governance makes South India surge ahead of the North

no southern states only include states which speak Dravidian language

OK then Maharashtra and Gujarat are more developed than southern states in my opinion....

Maharastra has two cities which can rival any big city in india...

Maharashtra is often rated among the top only because of those two cities without them Maharashtra would be nowhere in comparison to Gujarat and South Indian states

It is for every state, if you take big cities out the percapita GDP would be quite low...

But always I think of Pune, it is only city in top 10 cities of India without any label of national/state capital and with literally very low/nil funds received from Maharashtra/Central govt. Even now Pune does not have a decent railway station or airport.

And it you calculate the GDP of western region of Maharashtra even without big cities it is quite good due to well irrigated lands and dam projects.

Bihari here, naxalism being the cause of backwardness in Bihar is absolute balderdash.

The reasons are- extreme dependence on the monsoon for the agricultural sector..and caste..CASTE is the BIGGEST factor..try and go to my village and interact with the people..wait let me amend that "my part of my village"...the Bhumiyar's will first ask you your caste and then talk to you accordingly...if I were to go up to them and state that I do not believe in the bullf$%K they've peddled..even in my own extended family about "our superiority"- I'd be dead within the hour.

I think caste system and oppression is one of the main cause for the raise of naxalism. What do you guys think?

I believe main reason for UP and Bihar lagging behind is due to absence of sub nationalism among locals in the region unlike sub nationalism present in various other regions and communities like Marathi Nationalism in Maharashtra, Gujarati Nationalism in Gujarat, Tamil Nationalism in Tamil Nadu etc

It is for every state, if you take big cities out the percapita GDP would be quite low....
Yes but in case of Maharashtra the result would EXTREMELY different if you do that compared to most of the states

I believe main reason for UP and Bihar lagging behind is due to absence of sub nationalism among locals in the region unlike sub nationalism present in various other regions and communities like Marathi Nationalism in Maharashtra, Gujarati Nationalism in Gujarat, Tamil Nationalism in Tamil Nadu etc

Bad governance and only bad governance. See the growth rates of Bihar and CG with the BJP/allies govt vs predecessors.

Yes but in case of Maharashtra the result would EXTREMELY different if you do that compared to most of the states

Without Mumbai, they would be extremely different, and horrible..

Mumbai accounts for slightly more than 6% of India's economy contributing 10% of factory employment, 30% of income tax collections, 60% of customs duty collections, 20% of central excise tax collections, 40% of foreign trade and rupees 40,000 crore (US $10 billion) in corporate taxes to the Indian economy.

Maharashtra needs to industrialize Vidarbha area, agriculture doesn't works there.

Back
Top Bottom