What's new

Best wireless internet in pakistan

Manticore

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi! I was planning to switch my internet connection to a wireless broadband. Earlier I had decided to get the ptcl wireless system but Fair usage policy has been applied on PTCL EVO, Nitro, Cloud & Wingle wireless broadband thus limiting download data to 75gb/month

''In a latest move PTCL has put a limit of 50GB on the usage of 3G EVO, Wi-Fi Cloud and Nitro packages, where as a 75GB limit has been imposed on Nitro Cloud and Wingle.''
PakOrbit | Fair usage policy applied on PTCL EVO, Nitro, Cloud & Wingle wireless broadband -

So guys I need some info on other good packages that you guys have tried or are using

Download speed 1mb/2mb-- unlimited download... no throttling or speed reduction/ and certain hidden clause on day/night download restrictions in lahore

Looks like wateen/world call are good options on paper

WorldCall Telecom Limited - Wireless Broadband
Wateen - Best Broadband in Pakistan
Qubee Pakistan | Reliable Broadband Internet
wi-tribe | Pakistan
http://www.wi-tribe.pk/products-services/consumer-packages/tariff-guide/

I wont be getting 3g option as ptcl has asked pak gov to issue a download limit on ANY 3G company

Iplan to switch within a week-- need your advice
regards

Get wateen.

may be you should OLX about a wateen with student package.unlimited download with 1 or 2mb speed and cost less than 1500rs.

they have built in wifi aswell

Get wateen.

may be you should OLX about a wateen with student package.unlimited download with 1 or 2mb speed and cost less than 1500rs.

they have built in wifi aswell

Tariffs - Wateen

* Fair Use Policy applies
** Unlimited Downloads from 1am to 11am
------------------------

any idea on the download limit for fair use policy?

1vlW3ra.png

http://smartchoice.pk/search-result...=More+than+10+GB+per+month&area=11&Action=Add

@Manticore

go for vsat ....... it might be a little expensive !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wateen Wireless Internet Packages Review
Wateen is global provider of wireless internet service and pioneer in broadband in the world. It serves its customers with premium and reliable wireless internet service. Wateen wireless internet offers standard as well customized internet packages in Pakistan. The internet packages from this internet service have been arranged among three groups- students, professionals and businesses. Customer can choose the internet package that suits his needs and budget. Other than its wireless internet service, Wateen also offers Wired Broadband, Wateen Multimedia and different customized solutions for organizations.

Wateen Wireless Internet Connection: If you are going to buy internet connection from Wateen Telecom, make sure the coverage is available in your area. Being the largest wireless broadband network of Pakistan, Wateen ensures maximum coverage in 25 major cities of Pakistan. Do not forget to check coverage in your area before you submit connection request. For packages and tariff explore more below. Wateen Wireless Internet Packages: Different internet packages have been introduced by the company as “Starter Package”, “Essential Package”, “Premium Package” and “Advance Package”. Beside these, customer can also subscribe to additional internet within the same package.

Starter Package: Starter internet package supplies 512kbps speed and a limited downloading of 7 GB. Additionally there is night unlimited download for RS. 300. Unlimited downloads are valid during 1am to 11am. The connection total price is RS. 2317 including first month line rent. Monthly line rent is RS. 818.

Essential Package: Essential internet package has been divided into two sub packages limited and unlimited downloading. The connection for limited downloading of 7 GB at speed of 1.0mbps is available for RS. 799. Night unlimited downloading can be subscribed for RS. 400 in addition. The total connection price of limited download package is RS. 2,517 including first month line rent. Monthly line rent is RS. 1,018. The other package gives you 512mbps with unlimited downloading for the price of RS. 999. Unlimited downloading is only valid during 1am to 11am and can be used with Bolt devices only. Fair usage policy applies for unlimited downloading. The total price of Wateen connection is RS. 3117 including first month line rent. Monthly line rent is RS. 1618.

Premium Package: Premium package comes with a connection speed of 1.5mbps and downloading of 12 GB for the price of RS. 1299. Additional RS. 650 apply to nigh unlimited downloading. The total connection price is RS. 3017 including first month line rent. Monthly line rent is RS. 1518. The second package offers 1.0mbps speed and unlimited downloading for the price of RS. 1399. Unlimited downloading is only valid during 1am to 11am. Fair usage policy applies on downloading.
Advance Package: Advance package gives 2.0mbps speed with unlimited downloading. The package price is RS 2999. Fair usage policy applies on downloading. Total price of Wateen connection is RS. 4717 including first month line rent. Monthly line rent is RS. 3218.

280-330gb is my normal monthly download data and all these fair use policies of wireless connections make them crappy in the face of ptcl broadband with a 300gb limit on 1mb

Manti, I heard that Wateen is good as well!!!

Don't they have anything above 4.0Mbps?????????

Best solution? Get a one additional PTCL connection! There used to be a device for pooling two connections...

280-330gb is my normal monthly download data and all these fair use policies of wireless connections make them crappy in the face of ptcl broadband with a 300gb limit on 1mb

Best solution? Get a one additional PTCL connection! There used to be a device for pooling two connections...
I am building a house for my parents - i am moving to my hospital/library/plot/temporary residence near plot/parents residence- and my residence is not permanent where i can attach a ptcl phone line/broadband line atleast for the next 6months

Sorry yara, forgot to read the intro!!!

I am building a house for my parents - i am moving to my hospital/library/plot/temporary residence near plot/parents residence- and my residence is not permanent where i can attach a ptcl phone line/broadband line atleast for the next 6months

I seriously don't get the "unlimited" and then "fair use".... it's more of an American and British stupidity...... and yes, 40 GB sucks.... my daily load exceeds that much by two to three folds...... and that too on 1mb..... wtfffffffffff

looks like my tv series collection will stagnate for 6 months:undecided: --- yar 40gb fair use limit is a big joke on 1mb unlimited connection

I seriously don't get the "unlimited" and then "fair use".... it's more of an American and British stupidity...... and yes, 40 GB sucks.... my daily load exceeds that much by two to three folds...... and that too on 1mb..... wtfffffffffff

So if your son/daughter ever married a Christian/Hindu what would be your reaction?

I'll say, your heaven your hell..... your life...... however, please make sure that he/she is not ugly...... just can't stand unattractive people.... if that's the case, I'll disown them......

So if your son/daughter ever married a Christian/Hindu what would be your reaction?

Back
Top Bottom