What's new

best suited radar for pak fa

shfgfa

Reaction score
please readers provide information that which radar suits best for pak fa
and fgfa

ibris e or zhuk ae
i guess ibris e 's figures are highly exaggerated (some 400kms range)

please compare in terms of range, rcs and various other points

Isn't Russia developing one ASEA Radar for PAKFA?

they say that it is an advanced derrivative of ibris e

but even ibris e radar is yet to show up in serial production and has not been developed fully

please readers provide information that which radar suits best for pak fa
and fgfa

ibris e or zhuk ae
i guess ibris e 's figures are highly exaggerated (some 400kms range)

please compare in terms of range, rcs and various other points

Those 400kms are for bigger targets, fighters are around 200-300kms. The Irbis is a better radar overall (detection range, power) thought the zhuk has AESA advantages, but it is yet to mature. The zhuk is for light fighters anyway (mig) and not designed for others.

The Zhuk AE is a better radar than the Irbis-E.

Irbis-E has a good range, but Zhuk-AE's range will be even more than that, and you've got the AESA advantage.

But the radar chosen for PakFa is NIIP radar which would be a derivative of Irbis-E radar.

Last edited:
Those 400kms are for bigger targets, fighters are around 200-300kms. The Irbis is a better radar overall (detection range, power) thought the zhuk has AESA advantages, but it is yet to mature. The zhuk is for light fighters anyway (mig) and not designed for others.

but zhuk ae is being considered for indian su 30's and recent built russian su 27's, which i presume is a heavy class fighter

but zhuk ae is being considered for indian su 30's and recent built russian su 27's, which i presume is a heavy class fighter
Maybe, but the zhuk wad designed for the mig-35 and 29. Earlier ones needed modifications to fit in the sukhoi aircraft. But as a radar, the Irbis has better performance. The zhuk yet has to mature.

Maybe, but the zhuk wad designed for the mig-35 and 29. Earlier ones needed modifications to fit in the sukhoi aircraft. But as a radar, the Irbis has better performance. The zhuk yet has to mature.

Yes, Zhuk was designed for the Migs, but the radar technology is very advanced on the Zhuk-AE, and currently it is available in 0.7m diameter sizes, but is being designed for a 0.98m diameter antenna which will increase the radar detection power by at least 2x

So the ranges on a Zhuk AE fitted in Su30 MKI would be even greater than the Irbis-E, somewhere in the region of 400 kms for naval target. The Irbis-E is a capable radar, but its AESA variant is not yet here, and it would have the same problems as that of Zhuk-AE.

The Zhuk-AE requires some time to mature, and it is still under development. Only after a year will we be able to tell which radar will be a better option. At the moment both are extremely close.

The Zhuk AE is a better radar than the Irbis-E. And I think a derivative of Zhuk-AE radar will be used in the Pak-Fa.

Irbis-E has a good range, but Zhuk-AE's range will be even more than that, and you've got the AESA advantage.

Nops Sirji,
It was were always Tikhomirov NIIP AESA preferred to induct in T-50.

But Irbis is PESA radar right? more prone to jamming?

Nops Sirji,
It was were always Tikhomirov NIIP AESA preferred to induct in T-50.

You're right. My mistake. The radar selected is NIIP radar which would be an advanced AESA variant of Irbis-E.

I got carried away thinking we are talking about Su30MKI. Sorry.

Yes, Irbis-E is PESA.

Because a radar is AESA does not mean it´s better. The Irbis offers higher performance than the raptor´s AN-77 (range, power) and has the same 120º sterring, and terrain scanning while air to air, thought it is PESA. It´s also cheaper. Of course AESA has it´s advantages but it is not necessary better.

Because a radar is AESA does not mean it´s better. The Irbis offers higher performance than the raptor´s AN-77 (range, power) and has the same 120º sterring, and terrain scanning while air to air, thought it is PESA. It´s also cheaper. Of course AESA has it´s advantages but it is not necessary better.
Wrong...It is superior. An AESA with subarray partitioning software can do the one thing all other radar types, including a PESA, cannot do: true multi-modes operation. That alone made an AESA at least one level up from a PESA.

Back
Top Bottom