What's new

best suited radar for pak fa

Sorry...But you had no 'point' to speak of. Not a single item you cited is beyond the capabilities of an AESA system and while every modes are possible, a PESA cannot multi-task those modes. A PESA has a single beam. An AESA antenna, with the appropriate subarray partitioning software, can create two or more beams simultaneously. An advantage a PESA has over the classical mechanical scanning antenna is that the PESA's beam can be repositioned much faster, giving the illusion of simultaneous operations. But not a true multi-tasking system. In subarray partitioning, those many beams will not have the same power as a single beam created by the array, but that is not the point. If needed, all subarrays will be erased and that powerful single beam will be recreated to do whatever is required. It is this flexibility and speed regarding that flexibility that make an AESA superior to all.

I´m not saying AESA tech is worse, quite the contrary. But you are stating that any AESA radar is better, wich is not. There are many other factors. Many PESAs have better detection ranges and greater peak power, thus having higher mission performance, and the Irbis concretly, by it´s characteristics, is a better radar overall than most AESAs.

Look at this vid:
The Irbis has practically AESA performance (beam steering, etc) and I´m pretty sure it´s multitask (terrain and air scan simoultaneously), as shown in the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are talking about two radar systems, not two technologies.
And in this case a PESA radar can out perform an AESA.
The superior inherent characteristics of an AESA over a PESA made the former much more desirable. You can stretch the PESA so far until the day when it is like comparing a Yugo to a Porsche. And that day is rapidly approaching.

The Irbis has practically AESA performance (beam steering, etc) and I´m pretty sure it´s multitask (terrain and air scan simoultaneously), as shown in the video.
Either it is an AESA or it is not. There is no 'practically' about it. And no, unless the system is an AESA, no system can be a true multi-tasker regardless of propaganda. This is real physics, not whatever it is Russia or China want it to be.

The superior inherent characteristics of an AESA over a PESA made the former much more desirable. You can stretch the PESA so far until the day when it is like comparing a Yugo to a Porsche. And that day is rapidly approaching.

You know what you're saying right now??
You're saying Petrols are better than diesels, when we are talking about a 2L Turbo charged diesel and a 1L puny petrol engine.

You simply can't admit that you're wrong. I guess your ego doesn't allow that.

Irbis-E being a PESA out performs APG-80, APG 81, APG-79 on multiple counts.
You can't deny that. I don't care if you can't digest it. Doesn't change the truth one bit :smokin:

You know what you're saying right now??
You're saying Petrols are better than diesels, when we are talking about a 2L Turbo charged diesel and a 1L puny petrol engine.

You simply can't admit that you're wrong. I guess your ego doesn't allow that.

Irbis-E being a PESA out performs APG-80, APG 81, APG-79 on multiple counts.
You can't deny that. I don't care if you can't digest it. Doesn't change the truth one bit :smokin:
Let everyone know when people are fighting each other over PESA systems...:D

Well the only advantage of AESA is because of it's LPI capabilility and low failure rate. I dont see any other advantage offered by the AESA over the PESA right now. But a stealthy airframe having an LPI radar actually helps to minimise the passive detection. and the max power output being reduced helps a lot in evasion and jamming.

i think ZHUK A is best option for pak fa.
Zhuk-A (Export Designation Zhuk-AE)

Zhuk-AE at 2009 MAKS Airshow
The latest incarnation of the Zhuk radar family featuring an Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA). The radar uses 680 4 channel transceiver modules with a power output of 5 watts per channel. The radar is stated to provide a detection range of 130 km for a head on target with up to 30 targets tracked and 6 of those engaged at any one time. As an AESA the radar is liquid cooled, with each transceiver capable of being switched off to prevent damage from overheating and switched on again when cooled. Two variants of the Zhuk-A exist: the FGA-29, and the follow on FGA-35 which will boast an improved detection range of 200 km with 60 targets tracked, the radar will also support a maximum mapping resolution of 1x1m in air to surface mode. The FGA-35 will feature a 700 mm antenna with an increased number of transmit and receive modules to between 1000-1,100, a 20 degree incline and a peak power of 6 kW.[7][citation needed]

790px-AESA_JUK_AE.jpg

http://www.google.co.in/url?q=http:...Q&sa=X&ei=WA4kTeO-K4nxrQeL1ZH3DA&ved=0CCIQygQ

Back
Top Bottom