What's new

Best place to visit in London

Hyde

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
OK first of all let me apologise for giving a wrong title.

Basically my problem is that I have already seen most of the places in London and my wife unfortunately has seen as many if not more. So I would like to take her highness to somewhere new :(

It can be anything but friendly enough for couples. I don't mind if you name a small park for as long as you can guarantee we are going to enjoy it :(

For reference, we either don't wanna go to or have been to London Eye, River Boat, Sea Life London (Aquarium), Madame Tussauds, Regents Park, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, Oxford Street, Tower Bridge, London Bridge is where she used to study so pointless to mention here, London Zoo, Natural History Museum, Science Museum, Victoria & Albert Museum, Tate Modern, Tate Britain, British Museum, National Art Gallery, Kew Gardens, Windsor Castle, Tower of London, Buckingham Palace and Covent Garden etc.

So please try to mention something unique.

Thanks

OK first of all let me apologise for giving a wrong title.

Basically my problem is that I have already seen most of the places in London and my wife unfortunately has seen as many if not more. So I would like to take her highness to somewhere new :(

It can be anything but friendly enough for couples. I don't mind if you name a small park for as long as you can guarantee we are going to enjoy it :(

For reference, we both have been to London Eye, River Boat, Sea Life London (Aquarium), Madame Tussauds, Regents Park, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, Oxford Street, Tower Bridge, London Bridge is where she used to study so pointless to mention here, London Zoo, Natural History Museum, Science Museum, Victoria & Albert Museum, Tate Modern, Tate Britain, British Museum, National Art Gallery, Kew Gardens, Windsor Castle, Tower of London, Buckingham Palace and Covent Garden etc.

So please try to mention something unique.

Thanks
Get out of London there is more to UK than London :enjoy:

Na, everything outside of London is terrible.
Nerd! UK had stonehenges and castles for history buffs...it has beaches for the summer lovers...it has mountains and hills in Wales and Scotland for the adventurers...but no you wanna smell that ghanda nala called Thames and uskay ird gird ghumtay rahna :P

I would prefer quite places or popular attractions in case I have missed any.
Show me around when I get there...that way everyplace will feel new :D

@Aether itna kuch tou dekh liya...baqi bacha hai kiya London mein take a ride on the double decker bus bus yahin bacha hona :P

Nerd! UK had stonehenges and castles for history buffs...it has beaches for the summer lovers...it has mountains and hills in Wales and Scotland for the adventurers...but no you wanna smell that ghanda nala called Thames and uskay ird gird ghumtay rahna :P
See she even have seen Stonehenge in her uni trip when they went to Bath (city). I haven't seen Stonehenge so far but as I said it must be unique since my other half has already been there :(

Show me around when I get there...that way everyplace will feel new :D
Oh definitely then everything will be new if we have a welcome visitor/friend around us.

tna kuch tou dekh liya...baqi bacha hai kiya London mein take a ride on the double decker bus bus yahin bacha hona :P
Problem is most of the places I mentioned were seen separately. I saw them with family members or friends etc. She saw them with her family members and friends etc. So we didn't get an opportunity to roam around so much in London.

maritime greenwich?
you can revisit some of these places, not for sightseeing as such but to be together.

If you live in London, you probably would have seen most stuff already. Here's a list that might help:
The 10 best hidden London attractions | Travel | theguardian.com
There are some unique places in that list, I will research more about it.

maritime greenwich?
samgho ke wo to ghar ke pas hi hai... :cry: - 15 minute lagte hon ge train se shayad..

Epping Forest,
Awesome place you have mentioned. I really liked it from the first look. Will research more about it. I have heard of Epping Forest but never been there so far (I believe)
Area around Excel (City Airport). (I am thinking):D
I go there by walk every once in a while. Area around Excel Centre, University of East London, City Airport up to Cable Car is at my walking distance.

See she even have seen Stonehenge in her uni trip when they went to Bath (city). I haven't seen Stonehenge so far but as I said it must be unique since my other half has already been there :(

Oh definitely then everything will be new if we have a welcome visitor/friend around us.

Problem is most of the places I mentioned were seen separately. I saw them with family members or friends etc. She saw them with her family members and friends etc. So we didn't get an opportunity to roam around so much in London.
Then roam around together even if it is a place you guys have seen coz now you will be seeing it with each other...different company makes a difference too..

Awesome place you have mentioned. I really liked it from the first look. Will research more about it. I have heard of Epping Forest but never been there so far (I believe)
oops if that's the one which starts from Forest Gate, I don't remember anything of that sort in Forest Gate. It's just 2 miles away from my home. I understand what epping forest truly is...

I think it may be interesting at its widest point but not good enough for my company i reckon :(

@Aether If you are wild life enthusiast.. take a trip to Whipsnade safari park in Dunstable. It's a drive through park... & there's enough to keep you occupied for the day!

@Aether If you are wild life enthusiast.. take a trip to Whipsnade safari park in Dunstable. It's a drive through park... & there's enough to keep you occupied for the day!
been there back in 2002-04

Although it's a nice place but I want to remain within London for the time being. Otherwise we would have planned a trip to Paris instead... She is been to Paris with me (group) before we married and we really enjoyed a lot. The problem is I want to plan a day trip only.

The original Tomorrow People were based out of London.

Back
Top Bottom