What's new

Best place to visit in London

See she even have seen Stonehenge in her uni trip when they went to Bath (city). I haven't seen Stonehenge so far but as I said it must be unique since my other half has already been there :(

Oh definitely then everything will be new if we have a welcome visitor/friend around us.

Problem is most of the places I mentioned were seen separately. I saw them with family members or friends etc. She saw them with her family members and friends etc. So we didn't get an opportunity to roam around so much in London.
what about camden market.
you should roam around instead of sightseeing... do a thames walk eat some street food.. buy some stuff..
btw what does she generally like..

@Aether
Have you visited the Olympic park and been on the arcelormittal orbit?

OK first of all let me apologise for giving a wrong title.

Basically my problem is that I have already seen most of the places in London and my wife unfortunately has seen as many if not more. So I would like to take her highness to somewhere new :(

It can be anything but friendly enough for couples. I don't mind if you name a small park for as long as you can guarantee we are going to enjoy it :(

For reference, we either don't wanna go to or have been to London Eye, River Boat, Sea Life London (Aquarium), Madame Tussauds, Regents Park, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, Oxford Street, Tower Bridge, London Bridge is where she used to study so pointless to mention here, London Zoo, Natural History Museum, Science Museum, Victoria & Albert Museum, Tate Modern, Tate Britain, British Museum, National Art Gallery, Kew Gardens, Windsor Castle, Tower of London, Buckingham Palace and Covent Garden etc.

So please try to mention something unique.

Thanks
MQM Secretariat? Lots of BS flying, lots of dry humor, if you are into that kind of thingy.

Awesome place you have mentioned. I really liked it from the first look. Will research more about it. I have heard of Epping Forest but never been there so far (I believe)

During the day families are around (some even go inside the forest). Nice view of London, but make sure you do go to the center where the pub is. (Nice view of London at night).

Outside london bournemouth beach and close by cliffs, nice views, good environment in the day. I was there last night till the sunlight, however no one was around (drive is good as well). :enjoy:

Little parks? Valentines park in ilford is alright, Edgware road in London at night.

what about camden market.
you should roam around instead of sightseeing... do a thames walk eat some street food.. buy some stuff..
btw what does she generally like..
i really liked the idea of visiting Markets...

I think for a change we can go to camden, portobello or bricklane market. I will keep this in mind, thanks - but more options are needed

I think for a change we can go to camden, portobello or bricklane market. I will keep this in mind, thanks - but more options are needed
Tum abhi tak Camden nai giyea?! :o:

During the day families are around (some even go inside the forest). Nice view of London, but make sure you do go to the center where the pub is. (Nice view of London at night).
Right, I don't think I have been inside of Epping Forest so could you please advice me the area from where we should enter? wiki says it starts from Forest Gate but I don't think it is the best place to enter in this forest?

Outside london bournemouth beach and close by cliffs, nice views, good environment in the day. I was there last night till the sunlight, however no one was around (drive is good as well). :enjoy:
Bournemouth is a good place, just few days ago I was at Brighton. Beaches are really nice but it depends upon the weather and the mood.
Little parks? Valentines park in ilford is alright, Edgware road in London at night.
By no means Valentines Park is small park but I do understand your point. No I always used Valentines park for my passage from Ilford towards Gants hill station. It is enjoyable if you want to play cricket... Not to take your wife to...

Edgware Road has some good Arabian restaurants so I will keep this in mind.

been there back in 2002-04

Although it's a nice place but I want to remain within London for the time being. Otherwise we would have planned a trip to Paris instead... She is been to Paris with me (group) before we married and we really enjoyed a lot. The problem is I want to plan a day trip only.
Ah... there's isn't much choice there then! Maybe a musical or play in one of the West End theatres? Then again...are you or your better half interested in that kinda stuff?

Queen's market in green street. :D On a serious note going to Car Boot sale is a good experience in the morning, Plus you might grab some bargains.

Tum abhi tak Camden nai giyea?! :o:
I said I liked the idea of visiting Markets for entertainment sake. I even mentioned two other markets portobello and brick lane. This is not new for me but you don't expect to take your wife to such markets -- so i thought it will be a new experience

OK first of all let me apologise for giving a wrong title.

Basically my problem is that I have already seen most of the places in London and my wife unfortunately has seen as many if not more. So I would like to take her highness to somewhere new :(

It can be anything but friendly enough for couples. I don't mind if you name a small park for as long as you can guarantee we are going to enjoy it :(

For reference, we either don't wanna go to or have been to London Eye, River Boat, Sea Life London (Aquarium), Madame Tussauds, Regents Park, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, Oxford Street, Tower Bridge, London Bridge is where she used to study so pointless to mention here, London Zoo, Natural History Museum, Science Museum, Victoria & Albert Museum, Tate Modern, Tate Britain, British Museum, National Art Gallery, Kew Gardens, Windsor Castle, Tower of London, Buckingham Palace and Covent Garden etc.

So please try to mention something unique.

Thanks
I live in London and I haven't been to some of those. :o:

I had some ideas before I started reading, you got most of them covered now.
Everytime I think of something I look back nd you've listed it.

Try Hampton Court Palace. They had tours there the last time I went which was almost 10 years ago now.
Royal Albert Hall maybe? Regents Park or St James's park. I like going to Hyde park, to the speaker's corner too.

Other then that, I'm out of places. Apart from the royal institution where famous folk give talks related to many political/economic/scientific issues/debates. They also have a small museum there, it's just off Green Park via the tube..

@Aether If you are wild life enthusiast.. take a trip to Whipsnade safari park in Dunstable. It's a drive through park... & there's enough to keep you occupied for the day!

I've heard of whipsnade, a friend of mine has been pressurising me to go some time.

Ah... there's isn't much choice there then! Maybe a musical or play in one of the West End theatres? Then again...are you or your better half interested in that kinda stuff?
She isn't interested in theatres unfortunately :(

Back
Top Bottom