What's new

best governing system for Pakistan?

Ehsan Riaz

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Which system of government is best for Pakistan?
1:parlimentary Democracy
2:presidential System
3:Khilafat
4:Martial Law

Please do post your vote!

My vote is for Khilafat:tup:

1:Parlimentary Democracy
2:Presidential System

Martial Law. Given the chaos in the country and the respect that the military commands - the only way out of the mess is martial law. Also, if i am not mistaken, pakistan witnessed the highest growth rates under military regimes.

There's no room for the carrot and the stick approach, at least for now. Only stick!!

Also, it will be comforting for India to interact with a single power centre, instead of the current situation where it is not entirely clear who's in-charge.

Do Pakistanis have a choice? I do not include the few with bronze on thier chest.

Time to give presidential system a re-try . Eventhough for a diverse country like Pakistan a Parliamantry democracy is vital . But the past 5 years have made a sham of a democracy . Its a de facto presidential system , Look at Zardari... a real presidential system would atleast allow the person in-charge to do away with all his compromises (the condition Imran is facing i-e have electables or honest,technical professionals) . Atleast one won't have to make hundreds of MNA's happy (and thereby wish a kiss of death to national interest).

A multi party secular and progressive Parliamentary democracy representing all ethnicities and groups.

Most importantly, a reduction in the amount of clout the Army and the intelligence services have over governance. That is of prime importance.

Any government that is not corrupt to the core.

See, whatever form of Government you bring, the ground situation wont change until the system is brought back to the right track.

I support a Presidential form of Government, it's like Khilafah, you just need to change some names. Plus, the concept of Khilafah is not for a single country, it's for the whole Ummah, so it's not really possible to establish a Caliphate in a particular country, but what can be done is implement the laws of Khilafah, which are of course, the Islamic Sharia'ah in true form.

Well, this is the background, unless the laws are rightly enforced, there wont be any change, whether be it Khilafah, dictatorship or democracy.

1:parlimentary Democracy
2:presidential System

so where pious khalifa's will come for pakistan? Imported from Makkah? Madina? or karbala?

A multi party secular and progressive Parliamentary democracy representing all ethnicities and groups.

Most importantly, a reduction in the amount of clout the Army and the intelligence services have over governance. That is of prime importance.

Your solution is ideal but not realistic

Khalifat or Marshal Law. There's no other alternative.

The fact that a discussion on a question so basic to statehood is needed nearly two-thirds of a century after independence speaks volumes, all by itself.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom