What's new

Best Elite Units Ever

Ottoman-Turk

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
The best elite units ever not ranked( these are what i no from information and even games, i want only 1 or 2 for each empire or country dnt list all their elite units just best ones)

Jannisaries

Samurai

French Old Guard(Napoleon era)

Mameluks (dnt really know about them but heard there good)

you guys can name the rest

lol dnt no about them i dnt really see modern soldiers elite many of them have similar equipment however in past when it was sword vs sword you can see whose superior or when one had muskets they were technologically advanced , i dnt rate SAS or the SEALS

lol dnt no about them i dnt really see modern soldiers elite many of them have similar equipment however in past when it was sword vs sword you can see whose superior or when one had muskets they were technologically advanced , i dnt rate SAS or the SEALS

Oh ok. The Persian immortals, If I'm right they were the first elite unit in the world. Others; the Ismaili Assasins, Scythians, Roman Praetorian, Greek Spartan.

Jannisaries

Not quite. The Janissary Corps was elite and mostly made up of Europeans taken from their families at birth and raised as Muslims, it was not THE elite Ottoman forces. It was unit of effective foot-soldiers, but the Ottoman army's strength depended even more on crack horsemen and those were almost entirely Asiatic.

lol not quite mate what are you talking about ? you know nothing about ottoman and you talk ? i dnt like people they talk like they know so much , janissaries where not always christian though usualy it was but also i didnt want to name other elite ottoman units and people whining oh you wrote so many turks like the kapikulu or spahi but the janissairies are no doubt one of the best ever , they are in every single game as one of the best units some even best , assassins creed revelations its so hard to kill them , age of empires 3 they are one of the best if not best , they are in empire total war , napoleon total war , medieval total war , they are know throught the world , just watch any youtube video even western experts when europe heard the janisarries they were frightened to pieces lol i never started it you did but you know nothing and you talk , plus ask anyone have they ever heard of whatever those immortals or something most wouldnt no maybe its even a myth its 1000s of years ago but ask alot of people who no abit about history they would know janissaries and how good they are

lol not quite mate what are you talking about ? you know nothing about ottoman and you talk ? i dnt like people they talk like they know so much , janissaries where not always christian though usualy it was but also i didnt want to name other elite ottoman units and people whining oh you wrote so many turks like the kapikulu or spahi but the janissairies are no doubt one of the best ever , they are in every single game as one of the best units some even best , assassins creed revelations its so hard to kill them , age of empires 3 they are one of the best if not best , they are in empire total war , napoleon total war , medieval total war , they are know throught the world , just watch any youtube video even western experts when europe heard the janisarries they were frightened to pieces lol i never started it you did but you know nothing and you talk , plus ask anyone have they ever heard of whatever those immortals or something most wouldnt no maybe its even a myth its 1000s of years ago but ask alot of people who no abit about history they would know janissaries and how good they are

I clearly know more about this subject than you and I don't get my information from games.

Memluks have fought everywhere , from Egypt to Jerusalem & even India , they were great worriers indeed.

The best elite units ever not ranked( these are what i no from information and even games, i want only 1 or 2 for each empire or country dnt list all their elite units just best ones)

Jannisaries

Samurai

French Old Guard(Napoleon era)

Mameluks (dnt really know about them but heard there good)

you guys can name the rest
:rofl:
:rofl:
Age of Empire Asian Dynasty ;)

Gurkhas
In WWII General Slim wanted an Airborne battalion for an operation but they were reserved for the European theater, as were silk parachutes. So he had parachutes made of jute and they were going to give a battalion of Gurkhas a hasty Airborne school and use them. During the briefing of the Ghurkha jamadars and halvidars the Brirish staffer mentioned they would jump out at 500 or 600 feet. The gurkhas seemed disturbed and asked if the planes could fly lower. The staffer told them if the planes flew lower then their parachutes may not have time to open. They responded: "Parachutes? Oh, very well then sir. "

Here we go AGAIN, Whats wrong with members obsession those two days with the strongest, biggest, largest threads?

Its a 10-14 year old boys thing.

"Who would win in a fight between X and y?"
"My dinosaur/Pokemon/superhero/elite unit is stronger then yours!!!"

etc. :rolleyes:

My Pokemon Fire Red Charizard beats all. It has Flamethrower, Dragon Claw, Cut and Fly let me see you beat that. oh and he is also lvl 65 :P

Back
Top Bottom