What's new

Best Elite Units Ever

Jannisaries were the best Islamic special forces. These soldiers were trained from childhood just in one weapon. They were elites of the elites. They had a private quarter just beside the palace of the sultan.

lol SIKHS ARE SLAVES OF BRITISH EVERYONE KNOWS THAT AND GHOORKHAS OR WHATEVER EVERYONE KNOWS THAT , SOMEONE SIAD YOU THINK EVEYONE IS A SLAVE . NO LOL I SAID THAT A COUPLE OF TIMES TO BUT EVERYONE KNOWS SIKHS AND GHOORKAS ARE SLAVES OF BRITISH , THEY SHOULD BE ASHAMED , ANYWAY NEVER HEARD OF THOSE PERSIAN WHATEVER THEY ARE TO HIM EVERYONE IS INFLUENCED BY PERSIAN LOL AS FAR AS I KNOW JANISSARIES , SAMURAI , OLD GUARD , MAMELUK , AND BRITISH FORGOT THEIR NAME GREEN JACKET OR RED JACKET WERE ELITE AT THEIR TIME NEVER HEARD OF THOSE PERSIAN UNITS LOL TO GREEKS AND EVERYONE PERSIAN SOLDIERS IN 300 THEY ALL LOOK WEIRD AND LIKE ALIENS ( NOT BEING RUDE BUT ITS LIKE THAT FOR SOME REASON) IF I WAS PERSIAN OR IRANIAN I WOULD BE PISSED OF THAT FILM, YOU NEED TO MAKE A FILM TO SORT THAT OUT LOL

Nobody heard of them? No, shortsighted Turks like you indeed don't know about them, but thats because your own lack of historical knowledge. Ask anybody who is interested in history who the Persian Cataphracts were and the influence they had on other people and they will give you the answer. You Turks could conquer, but never build something. And thats the reason why everybody in Europe is hating you guys. Romans had their Rome, Greeks Athene, the Byzantines Constantinopel and the Persians Persepolis. What did you have? The Persians have Avicenna, The Greeks Hippocrates and the Arabs Al-Kindi. Who do you have? The Arabs spread Islam, the Persians Zoroastrianism and the Jews Judaism. What did you spread?

lol not quite mate what are you talking about ? you know nothing about ottoman and you talk ? i dnt like people they talk like they know so much , janissaries where not always christian though usualy it was but also i didnt want to name other elite ottoman units and people whining oh you wrote so many turks like the kapikulu or spahi but the janissairies are no doubt one of the best ever , they are in every single game as one of the best units some even best , assassins creed revelations its so hard to kill them , age of empires 3 they are one of the best if not best , they are in empire total war , napoleon total war , medieval total war , they are know throught the world , just watch any youtube video even western experts when europe heard the janisarries they were frightened to pieces lol i never started it you did but you know nothing and you talk , plus ask anyone have they ever heard of whatever those immortals or something most wouldnt no maybe its even a myth its 1000s of years ago but ask alot of people who no abit about history they would know janissaries and how good they are
Most probably it was CBS documentary where they showed Janissaries were mostly kids of non muslims, raised as muslims....

visigoths have a good shout in this along with the celts and franks. They brought the roman empire down, its the equivalent to taliban, hamas and al quaeda bringing usa down.

visigoths have a good shout in this along with the celts and franks. They brought the roman empire down, its the equivalent to taliban, hamas and al quaeda bringing usa down.
roman empire was already dead by then! visigoths just destroyed already dead roman empire. Vikings were scary though.

My vote of best elite unit goes to mongol horse archers with composite bow....

In ancient times the best combination of power, range, and accuracy would be the Persian and Parthian composite bows. Their design was generally the same type later used by the Huns, Mongols, Turks, Egyptians, and others.

They were made of a combination of animal horn and sinew and wood, then given a covering of leather to repel moisture. The idea was to give the bow a hard center and inner-backing while having a flexible but tense outer edge. This gave the bow the ability to easily bend while maintaining great tension, giving them excellent power and control. These bows shot arrows accurately and hard enough to penetrate shields and armor even at considerable distances (However centuries later, the improvements to armor in medieval Europe made it more difficult and eventually impossible for composite bows to penetrate).

Because of this extra power they were made smaller than single-piece bows had to be. The Perso-Parthian bows were also recurve bows meaning they curved outward away from the archer. Such design stored more energy in the beginning of the draw than a regular bow which produced more power with a somewhat lesser draw weight.

Crossbows and longbows became quite strong in medieval times, but had less impressive accuracy and were fired in huge volleys at masses of enemy soldiers, rather than being able to pick off individuals like the Turks who used composite recurve bows.

roman empire was already dead by then! visigoths just destroyed already dead roman empire. Vikings were scary though.

Roman legionnaires vave a good shout, so does the mongol hordes.

LOL I BULLY A SIKH HERE WHO USED TO BE IN MY SCHOOL AND HIS NAME WAS I DNT NO HOW TO SPELL BUT IT WAS TEJBER OR SOMIN LOL I SAID IT TO HIS FACE ASWELL , AND ANYWAY ITS THE TRUTH OBVIOUSLY YOU WOULDNT ACCEPT ITIS IF THEY THOUGHT FOR LETS SAY SIKHISTAN OR SOMIN WOULD I SAY THE SAME?? NO IF THEY THOUGHT FOR INDIA WHOULD I SAY THE SAME ? NO BECAUSE THEY NATURALLY LIVE AROUND INDIA BUT FIGHTING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS NO RELATEDNESS TO THEM MEANS THATS TRUE

I'd like to see you say that to a Sikh face-face. Better yet a Sikh soldier!

MATE DNT GET RASCIST OR RUDE I ALREADY SAID I DNT NO OR HEARD ABOUT THEM AND DNT NO ABOUT ANCIENT STUFF , BUT I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT US WE COULD CONQUER , WE COULD BUILD BUT THE THING WE SHOULD HAVE BUT DIDNT DO IS DESTROY OTHER PEOPLES LANGUAGES , FORCE OUR LANGUAGE , FORCE OUR RELIGION , FORCE EVERYTHING OF OURS INSTEAD OF THE MILLET SYSTEM IN OTTOMAN EMPIRE WHERE EVERYONE CAN PRACTISE THEIR OWN RELIGION AND EVEN SULTANS KNEW LIKE 3-4 LANGUAGES INSTEAD OF PUSHING FOR EVERYONE TO LEARN OURS I CNT LIE THATS WHY I ALWAYS SAY WE DID GOOD BUT WE GOT BAD BUT NOBODY CARES ABOUT THAT THEY CARE ABOUT WHAT THEY LEFT BEHIND WE HAVE MANY MANY BUILDINGS WE LEFT BUT NOT OUR LANGUAGE , SOME RELIGION WE LEFT , SOME CULTURE WE LEFT BUT I THINK WE SHOULD HAVE FORCED IT , WHICH NEARLY EVERYONE DID ALSO EVERYBODY KNOWS HOW GREAT THE JANISSARIES WHERE INFACT THEY WERE TOO GOOD WITH TOO MUCH POWER

Nobody heard of them? No, shortsighted Turks like you indeed don't know about them, but thats because your own lack of historical knowledge. Ask anybody who is interested in history who the Persian Cataphracts were and the influence they had on other people and they will give you the answer. You Turks could conquer, but never build something. And thats the reason why everybody in Europe is hating you guys. Romans had their Rome, Greeks Athene, the Byzantines Constantinopel and the Persians Persepolis. What did you have? The Persians have Avicenna, The Greeks Hippocrates and the Arabs Al-Kindi. Who do you have? The Arabs spread Islam, the Persians Zoroastrianism and the Jews Judaism. What did you spread?

LOL I BULLY A SIKH HERE WHO USED TO BE IN MY SCHOOL AND HIS NAME WAS I DNT NO HOW TO SPELL BUT IT WAS TEJBER OR SOMIN LOL I SAID IT TO HIS FACE ASWELL , AND ANYWAY ITS THE TRUTH OBVIOUSLY YOU WOULDNT ACCEPT ITIS IF THEY THOUGHT FOR LETS SAY SIKHISTAN OR SOMIN WOULD I SAY THE SAME?? NO IF THEY THOUGHT FOR INDIA WHOULD I SAY THE SAME ? NO BECAUSE THEY NATURALLY LIVE AROUND INDIA BUT FIGHTING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS NO RELATEDNESS TO THEM MEANS THATS TRUE
Please do not belittle the Sikh's and the Gurkha's with your childish remarks.
The Sikh's are 2% of India's population but represent 12 % of our armed forces and same with the Gurkha's who are recruited by both Indian and British army.

Now on topic i can think of on the basis of which era they represented.
Persian Immortal's
Macedonian and Greek Phalnax.
Roman Infantry.
War Elephants used in Indian subcontinent.
Mongol Cavalry.
British Longbowmen.
Turkish Janassaries.

You guy's can add on, these units where of different era used different tactics, it's not fair to say who is best and who is not.

i agree with the list i dnt really know about ancient things but heard of british longbow and mongol cavalry ( their not ancient) but im not trying to be rude or rascist but unfortuanetly that was the truth , anyway lets forget that

Please do not belittle the Sikh's and the Gurkha's with your childish remarks.
The Sikh's are 2% of India's population but represent 12 % of our armed forces and same with the Gurkha's who are recruited by both Indian and British army.

Now on topic i can think of on the basis of which era they represented.
Persian Immortal's
Macedonian and Greek Phalnax.
Roman Infantry.
War Elephants used in Indian subcontinent.
Mongol Cavalry.
British Longbowmen.
Turkish Janassaries.

You guy's can add on, these units where of different era used different tactics, it's not fair to say who is best and who is not.

I would add Japanese Samurai and Swiss pikemen to the list.

Back
Top Bottom