What's new

Beretta wins a huge contract to supply Mx4 carbines to India.

What happened to your MSMC?

Seriously, we have no clue!!

Why not this

Ajai+with+carbine+broadsword2.jpg

M_Id_101545_defence.jpg

then this?

Beretta_CX4_Storm.jpg

I hope they have a good reason for this..

^^ because DM antony thought the beretta mx4 carbine are uber cool :argh:, is doing everything he can to destroy MSMC program, so we can buy thousands of this Italian super machines!!:guns: Mama Mia!!

Still the question remains the same.. Why even after 60 years of Independence, we import guns??:unsure:

Complacency.

Small arms development has been shown not much interest, Even Pakistan is far better than us in this area.

Also its not easy ,it takes long time.

For isntance it took Singapore 15 years to get to this from M-16 clones.

sar21_118.jpg

Pakistan is not farther then India. India just doesnt induct, but makes guns that go through trial and dont induct, some because they failed, some we dont know. Example..

4367052573_bc13fa0992.jpg

add32.jpg

add31.jpg

207386351.jpg

Even Insas bullpops were made..

bulpupinsasbg2.gif

Seriously, we have no clue!!

Why not this

Ajai+with+carbine+broadsword2.jpg

M_Id_101545_defence.jpg

then this?

Beretta_CX4_Storm.jpg

I hope they have a good reason for this..

Indeed they do, MSMC is a PDW (personal defense weapon) while the other one is a SMG. Basically its the difference between using a needle or blunt pencil on butter, needle would penetrate more easily but the later would make a bigger hole.

It uses 5.56x30mm high velocity rounds which are designed for punching through body armor at relatively close ranges.But when its used against an unarmored target (say..an insurgent or terrorist) it would just pass right through them without much knockdown punch.

Why not these carbines? Made in India, other then 30,000+ Italian once?
First one failed the tests. There was one more with that one and both failed he tests. While i have no idea what is going on with MSMC. We were also making Zittara (Micro tavor) under license. I am no sure were it is inducted, i mean in which force. Special forces are directly importing them from israel. I think we should continue to build Zittara under license and since requirement is too much, i don't think Israel will mind, also we can properly negotiate.

Isn't the weapon in question a 5.56mm NATO caliber?Why did they even buy civilians semi-autos?

Beretta RX4 Storm
Beretta-RX4-Storm-08.jpg

MP5 Gets Replaced

March 8, 2011: India's Border Security Force is replacing 34,500 MP5 9mm machine pistols with the Beretta Mx4 9mm Storm Carbine. The Mx4 is a militarized version of the Cx4, which weighs 2.57 kg (5.75 pounds), unloaded. The Cx4 can use pistol magazines, or its own 20 round magazine. The Cx4 is 75.4cm (29.7 inches) long, with a 42cm (16.6 inch) barrel. There is a rail on the top of the Cx4 for mounting scopes (day or night vision), laser aiming device or flashlight. There is another rail underneath, forward of the trigger, for mounting a grip, laser or flashlight. The MP5s weigh about the same, but have a shorter barrel. The Mx4, with a scope, is pretty accurate out to a hundred meters, and automatic fire is accurate out to 200 meters. The Cx4 has a reputation, among the many police and security personnel who use it, of reliability and ease of use and handling.

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htweap/articles/20110308.aspx

I think this is a mis-print. Ibelieve what it meant to say was it is replacing the 35,000 odd 9mm Sterling submachine guns in service with the BSF:
9-mm-sub-machine-gun-smg-or-sten-gun.jpg

firstly I don't belive the BSF has 35,000+ MP5s in service and if they did it wouldn't have been in service long enough to be replaced wheras the Sterling submachine guns are 65 years old, and in much need of replacing.

my 2 cents, I could be wrong.

The sterlings are produced here so we have a steady supply of them.If they are replacing MP5's with these Berettas in my opinion they are making a mistake.When most of our armed forces and paramilitary forces are armed with Carbine 1A1's and MP5's with some select units in BSF and other paramilitary forces and police forces.Why take another weapon which is completely different from the ones we already have.They should standardise small arms for all Service Branches, Paramilitary Forces and Police.But that is my opinion.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom