What's new

Bengaluru’s New Year Shame – Can India Learn From Pakistan?

What ?
Do we need 4 male witnesses clauses in our laws ?
I dont think so.

Instead of poking their noses in some others matters ,they should mind their own business.
In Pakistan poor girls would think twice about complaining in court .
And in here people have rights and courage to stand against injustice .
So others can learn from us not vice versa

Last edited:
http://www.parhlo.com/india-bengaluru-new-year-women-harassment-cure/

A very well written and must read article ..

Shame I can't post the whole thing here cause of too many pictures and vids..
There is nothing to be learnt from Pakistan. Our cultures are very different.

In India women walk the streets anytime, alone and go wherever they want. The Bengaluru incident happened at 2:41 in the morning. Most women in Pakistan would have been indoors. Here women drive cars, bikes, travel late, commute, work in offices, do night shift, go to bars, clubs, disks, wear mini skirts and mix and match like any guy would. Hence they are more exposed. Locking women up at home, keeping them under protection of some guardian all times or minimizing exposure are not solutions. They avoid the problem.

Two world views are clashing here. It takes time to adapt to this world. Regressive attitudes are slowly giving way. Norway or Denmark etc can be better models. Even PR China. Not Pakistan.

In India women walk the streets anytime, alone and go wherever they want. The Bengaluru incident happened at 2:41 in the morning. Most women in Pakistan would have been indoors. Here women drive cars, bikes, travel late, commute, work in offices, do night shift, go to bars, clubs, disks, wear mini skirts and mix and match like any guy would. Hence they are more exposed. Locking women up at home, keeping them under protection of some guardian all times or minimizing exposure are not solutions. They avoid the problem.

Two world views are clashing here. It takes time to adapt to this world. Regressive attitudes are slowly giving way. Norway or Denmark etc can be better models. Even PR China. Not Pakistan.

Hypocrisy of these peoples is quiet astounding.According to them we South Indians dont have any relation with Pakistan and their culture but now just interested in passing judgements against us .

Abay chutiyay...so would poor girls in India.
Ninte thanta

Breaking news: this is the case in many parts of Pakistan too. Don't pretend as if women are safe in every part of India either. Even if I take your word and say India has seen more rape cases due to Indian women being less afraid than Pakistani, Is that same for the tourists? Foreign tourists?

What ?
Do we need 4 male witnesses clauses in our laws ?
I dont think so.

Instead of poking their noses in some others matters ,they should mind their own business.
In Pakistan poor girls would think twice about complaining in court .
And in here people have rights and courage to stand against injustice .
So others can learn from us not vice versa
I think crime patrol "reality based series " tells a different story about india...women are slaves there... Yall like to live in your little illusions..

I saw the video of guys just grabbing random women and start kissing them. It's all on camera. indians treat their women like sh!t.

PS, due to indians slave mentality--they are increasingly becoming Westernized and hence their women feel "modern" by wearing small dresses, showing skin, whoring around (indian girls here in US are famous for this), and getting drunk. This only increases the problems.

Pakistanis should learn a lesson here. Be thankful for our Islamic rooted traditional culture. It provides so many benefits for us all. Never let uber wanna be liberals change our culture. We should learn proper things from West--that is technology, rule of law, merit based progress in society, and so on..But for our social culture, We must always look to Islam as it is the most "fit" social culture in the world in many, many aspects.

Look what indians have become, a joke for the world.

Pakistan should promote modesty and not nanga pan in name of modernism. Lower nations who are mentally slaves of west do that (ehm, india)--we don't.

There is a lot to be learn from Pakistan. Especially seeing bastardization of local indian culture.

Our culture are very different (Thankfully) and social culture (Pakistan's) is far superior to the other..

The Bengaluru incident happened at 2:41 in the morning. Most women in Pakistan would have been indoors.

At 2:41am, majority of women in entire world would be indoors. We, civilised human beings, sleep at night in our homes.

Here women drive cars, bikes, travel late, commute, work in offices, do night shift,

So do women in Pakistan. Last time I was there, even in my small town, I saw tons of women driving cars and what not. Women driving, working, commuting is normal over here. Yeah, generally women who are driving cars are with other women/family (going for shopping I guess?) and have proper traditional dress (Pakistani style shalwar kameez and dupata on their heads/neck generally).

go to bars, clubs, disks, wear mini skirts and mix and match like any guy would.

Yeah, in general, Pakistani girls don't wear mini skirts, reveal themselves on purpose, go to bars to get drunk and grind on random guys' penises and so on. These are deeds of lowly and uncultured..and Pakistani women are nothing like that.

So yeah, indian girls are different here from Pakistani girls (and THANK GOD for Pakistani girls being different and cultured rather than being cheap and uncultured hoes).

Locking women up at home, keeping them under protection of some guardian all times or minimizing exposure are not solutions. They avoid the problem.

Nobody "locks" em home. In higher education, there are more women graduating than men in Pakistan (same in many other Muslim countries). Just because Pakistani women (and Muslim women in general) aren't whoring themselves around, know the proper behavior, and have higher sense of themselves and their culture (compared to lowly, cheap girls)--it doesn't mean that they are "locked up"

Pakistani women are smart, independent, and confident--yet highly cultured and possess good values (unlike many of their indian counter parts).

Sorry, but reality is reality.

Follow Pakistan in what? That not allowing women's after 9 in the night to celebrate new year? Or the fact that working women are returning home after 10 in India which is currently socially not permissible in Pakistan? or the fact to learn to not allow women to ride 2 wheelers? (again society restrictions) .

Tell us what to learn? The day Pakistan lets it women the freedom they have in India, then we will talk and learn.

Our culture are very different (Thankfully) and social culture
You don't have one. Can't compare.

At 2:41am, majority of women in entire world would be indoors. We, civilised human beings, sleep at night in our homes.
Not on 1st January. You were outside, boozing. We try not to apply two different standards for women and men.

These are deeds of lowly and uncultured..and Pakistani women are nothing like that.

So yeah, indian girls are different here from Pakistani girls (and THANK GOD for Pakistani girls being different and cultured rather than being cheap and uncultured hoes).
Indian girls go to space, comprise the world's largest female working population. Their contribution is unparalleled and they don't need Jihadi (or Dhongi babas) sympathizers to give them any certificates about their character.

Come to think of it - its people like you who indulge in offences. In a generation or two - people like you will be nearly extinct in India. Dinosaurs have no place in a changing world. Au revoir.

You don't have one. Can't compare.

Pakistan's culture is just superior and haven't been washed away by Westernization, unlike india. I know you feel frustrated and try to hide behind useless one liners--but facts won't change anything.

We are prouldy holding on to our traditional culture with its roots in Islam. You on the other hand have given up and become a mixture of bastardized version of western social culture, with hindu societal structure. No wonder situation is so bad in india.

Just look at the videos of men literally forcefully touching women and kissing em in PUBLIC on CAMERA. Recently, there was video of men beating up a woman because she refused to be molested in day light--and loser, gutless indians were standing next to the whole scene watching. What manlet, penisless people.

In Pakistan, you'll be ripped to shreds if you dare touch woman inappropriately like that in public.

Hell, in Pakistan, if there are no seats in buses etc, men are expected to leave their seats and stand up while women sit. It's not a "gesture" of being a "gentleman". It is EXPECTED of you. Same goes in Tandoors where women get first delivery no matter if you came half an hour earler than her.

You were outside, boozing. We try not to apply two different standards for women and men.

Nope, I wasn't.

And agree, we should apply same standards to men and women--and hence, those men who booze like idiots on new years should be given a spanking and socially insulted for their behavior :D

Drinking is extremely looked down upon in Pakistani culture even if men do it. More than 90% of Pakistanis never even touch alcohol in their entire life. Look at the WHO stats on drinking in regards to Pakistan and india. Pakistan is literally one of the 'driest' nation on Earth when it comes to alcohol consumption prevalence.

Alhamdullilah, we still have a higher culture than lowly indians despite bollywood's viewership in Pakistan.

Come to think of it - its people like you who indulge in offences. In a generation or two - people like you will be nearly extinct in India. Dinosaurs have no place in a changing world. Au revoir.

Lol, who gives a shit about india? I am a Pakistani and people "like me" are already "extinct" in the god forsaken land of rapes, poverty, and no toilets (aka india).

I was just replying to your propaganda against Pakistan by providing facts.

I was just replying to your propaganda against Pakistan by providing facts.
You provided no facts. Only rants that can't be proven because there are no studies, reports or research that looks into these questions in Pakistan. How many female drivers are there for example in Pakistan? Nor are there CCTV cameras in your towns and cities that capture cases of molestation. We do. We have a mechanism to catch the culprits.

It is a pity that you have such a narrow minded understanding of Western culture. Funny thing is that mini skirt etc is NOT western culture. The Indian sari exposes more skin than many western dresses. Exposure is a mental construct. A society used to seeing niqabs and abayas will find a naked neck titillating. (Not implying anything) What women have here is freedom - to choose to wear a full clothed sari, a salwar, or a skirt or a mini skirt. A part of the society is accepting of this exercise in freedom. A part gets wrong signals. We find it important to blame the latter part instead of the women exercising their freedom. You find it normal in blaming the women instead. That is one major difference. If that suits you, great. Does not and will not work for us.

Your policy is like this - keep eyes closed and WISH the world is fine. It may be the best suited for you - mubarak ho. But we don't find it particularly useful. Our cultures are different. Call it bastardized, use Hindu as slang word etc - but we are different. Applying the Pakistan model to India is not helpful to us.

On a side note aren't Indian culture a watered down version of the original INDUS people ie modern day Pakistanis. The fact that they ape and mimic westerners is an acceptance of their lowly and humble origins. Lack of indigenous and poor culture makes you susceptible to tailcoats the farangees. Pakistanis are happy with their culture. I guess the 36000 women who were raped in India are happy with theres.

On a side note aren't Indian culture a watered down version of the original INDUS people ie modern day Pakistanis. The fact that they ape and mimic westerners is an acceptance of their lowly and humble origins. Lack of indigenous and poor culture makes you susceptible to tailcoats the farangees. Pakistanis are happy with their culture. I guess the 36000 women who were raped in India are happy with theres.

Every culture evolves over time some rapidly and some at snail pace. How long can you isolate your entire population from outside influence?? In India we are witnessing a rapid assimilation of western ideas and influences especially in our urban population. How we adapt to modern pace of living and still retain semblance of Indian culture is being tested. No doubt about that . India is resilient and our culture is resilient and we well come out stronger.

Media will highlight few cases and people start to paint entire culture as gloom and doom.

According to you rape and molestation should not happen in Islamic Pakistan. Yet we see more rapes and molestations in Pakistan than in India. According to statistics (2010) Pakistan was in top 10 countries when it comes to rapes committed per 100,000 people. It was 28 for Pakistan and 0.4 for India. According to DAWN some 15,000 cases of women, girls and children kidnappings took place in Punjab Pakistan in 2015 and 2000 of these victims were raped.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1232426

Why would we learn from a lawless state where a murderer can get away by paying blood money, where anyone can accuse me of blasphemy and either I'll be murdered or jailed, where the jarnails launch wars without informing their own PM and then oust and exile the same PM, and where the jarnails have a history of having civilian leaders' blood on their hands (Bhutto)?

If we have to learn something, we'll learn from likeminded democracies of modern nation states where rule of law and freedom of expression mean something such as the US, the UK, France, Germany etc.?

Where does Pakistan come into the picture? It's as irrelevant as Uganda in matters regarding rule of law.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom