Benazir is Going back

Spring Onion

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Former Pakistan Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto to travel to Dubai, aides say
The Associated PressPublished: October 31, 2007

KARACHI, Pakistan: Former Pakistan Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, the target of a suicide bombing nearly two weeks ago, may soon travel to Dubai to visit her husband and three children, her party spokesman said Wednesday.

Spokesman Farhatullah Babar said no schedule had been set for a visit to the Arab emirate, although other Bhutto aides said she could leave as early as Wednesday evening.

The aides, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to reveal the plans, said the opposition leader would remain in Dubai until the Supreme Court decides whether President Gen. Pervez Musharraf's recent election victory was constitutional.

A ruling in that case is expected by Friday.
Bhutto returned to Pakistan from eight years of exile on Oct. 18. Her homecoming parade was shattered by a suicide bombing that killed 145 people. That has added to the political turmoil in Pakistan ahead of parliamentary elections due by January.

The verdict in Musharraf's case will be critical for how events will unfold in Pakistan, and whether the two pro-U.S. leaders will be able to hatch an alliance to fight Islamic extremism. Speculation persists that if Musharraf's victory in an Oct. 6 vote by lawmakers is overturned, he could declare an emergency or martial law.Babar said Bhutto would meet with party leaders at her Karachi residence on Wednesday and that those consultations could go into the night.

"She might be going to see her husband and children, but a date is not set yet," Babar said. "Whether it would be this week or next week, I'm really not in a position to say."

Babar said Bhutto still planned to visit Rawalpindi, near the capital, Islamabad, on Nov. 9. The aides said she would fly there directly after her visit to Dubai.

Bhutto has kept details of her movements shrouded in secrecy since the attack, making unannounced visits to greet supporters and visit those injured in the blasts. She has left the southern city of Karachi just once to visit her ancestral home in southern Pakistan.

Former Pakistan Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto to travel to Dubai, aides say - International Herald Tribune

hmmmmmmmmmmmm SC verdict

but what you guys think

there was new development in her Swiss Bank account money laundering case too

Dear Jana,

I doubt she will go back. She has too much to loose. She is now the darling of all USA included.

Anyway you observations are very interesting. I look forward to see what happens.

Regards

Dear Jana,

I doubt she will go back. She has too much to loose. She is now the darling of all USA included.

Anyway you observations are very interesting. I look forward to see what happens.

Regards
It could also have something to do with Petrochem which she used to make secret deals with Saddam.

I'm pretty sure the Dubai Sheikhs are not happy her dragging Dubai's name into it all and potentially affect the biz

It could also have something to do with Petrochem which she used to make secret deals with Saddam.

I'm pretty sure the Dubai Sheikhs are not happy her dragging Dubai's name into it all and potentially affect the biz

Dear AA,

If my memory serves me right you and me debated her return in the democracy post and you assured me I was wrong and that Gen M would do no deal with her and nor would she return and if she returned she would be arrested. I think you may loose out on this one too. Mrs BB thrives on power and she is brazen enough to kick her husband out if she feels he is becomming a liability. Anyway lets see.

Best Regards

Well Always it may be as all US and even EU are others are supporting her but in the long her they are creating problems for themselves as BB and Musharraf are unatural allies BB has changed many stances and just yesterday there was news that Govt had issued warning that she will be targeted by some people who are planning to kill her so all the 4 provinces admin had been alerted to give her more secuirty.

But leave this aside.

there are more happenings.

1. Atizaz Ihsan has been elected Persident of supreme bar . he is against Musharraf rather staunch opposer of Musharraf. BB is going to have deal with Mush right??
Hez been advocating all against Musharaf re-election so SC will take strong note if he supported BB over deal which is unlikely.

2. SC takes notice of the October 18 Karachi blasts and announce launch own investigation.

3. Swiss judge given verdict that she can be convicted in money laundering case even if Pakistan pardon her under NRO for looting Pakistani wealth as under Swiss Law the case can not be finished one-sidedly. it was also said that she can be convicted to 18 months imprisonment.

4. in case SC abolished NRO BB will have to face cases.

5. if SC declares Musharraf re-election as illegal there might be emergency or Martial Law and here we go BB gone again.

6. She is the only leader who have many personal enemies and can expect life attempt on her

KARACHI: PPP Chairperson and former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto says if Supreme Court's verdict in petitions challenging acceptance of General Pervez Musharraf's nomination papers by Election Commission for Presidential election goes against the government it should be respected and accepted.

``General Musharraf had accepted earlier verdicts of apex court and this should be done if judgment on Presidential election goes against the government. All should accept the judgment.

``I had planned to go to Dubai on short visit and return to address public meeting in Rawalpindi on November 9. However, following rumours of imposition of emergency in the country, I postponed my departure,'' she told a news conference Wednesday night at her residence Bilawal House in Karachi after presiding joint meeting PPP Central Executive Committee &Federal Council.

Benazir said PPP would under no circumstances support imposition of emergency in the country. The only solution to steer the country out of present crisis was holding of free and fair elections and transfer of power to democratically elected government, she stressed.

``In case free and fair polls are not held, masses will come out and PPP will be forefront to lead them in peaceful struggle for transition to democracy. For integrity and sovereignty of Pakistan a democratically elected government after elections is only solution,'' she emphasized.

She condemned terrorist attacks in Karachi on October 18, in Rawalpindi on October 30 and earlier ones in which besides innocent people, army and police personnel were giving their lives. ``These are attacks on Pakistan and democratic forces.''

Former Prime Minister said ``I don't think Supreme Court will declare National Reconciliation Ordinance NRO as illegal. During preliminary hearing, apex court had not suspended NRO. Under NRO no convict has been pardoned. The said Ordinance was meant to stop horse trading.

Answering a question, she said some elements were trying to manipulate upcoming general elections. In case of irregularities in elections will create a crisis in the country, she added. According to her steps have not yet been taken on ensuring transparent electoral list. ``No one can thrust will on people. We are not satisfied with voters list.''

To another question, she said ``we don't believe that attack on my rally in Karachi on October 18 was by a suicide bomber. There is no proof of that. We demand proper inquiry and reject judicial inquiry ordered by Sindh government into October 18 attack. We demand inquiry by foreign experts who have expertise in forensic technology.

``I want to ask why I am being told not to go to Larkana or Rawalpindi for fear of attack. Why only me. The government should provide me foolproof security.

Government did not give compensation to those who gave their lives or were injured in Oct. 18 attack.''

Benazir also criticized price spiral particularly of atta, unemployment and increase in poverty across the country.

The government gave wrong figures about wheat crop and did not import wheat on time which led to abnormal increase in its price directly affecting poor people, she added.

Top PPP leaders Amin Fahim, Yusuf Raza Gilani, Raza Rabbani, Jahangir Badr, Qaim Ali Shah, Raja Pervez Ashraf, Sherry Rahman and others were also present.
GEO TV

Ok Jana I will wait and see as some of your points make a lot of sense but I still think the general electrorate in Pakistan will forgive her and let her stay. As far as the Swiss case is concerned this I can tell you with authority will be closed if the Pakistani Govt withdraws their complaint so she does not have to worry about that.

Regards

Well Always it may be as all US and even EU are others are supporting her but in the long her they are creating problems for themselves as BB and Musharraf are unatural allies BB has changed many stances and just yesterday there was news that Govt had issued warning that she will be targeted by some people who are planning to kill her so all the 4 provinces admin had been alerted to give her more secuirty.

6. She is the only leader who have many personal enemies and can expect life attempt on her

Dear Jana,

I think Mrs BB read your mind and Rana has posted her press release so I guess you people are stuck with her.

Best Regards

Dear Jana,

I think Mrs BB read your mind and Rana has posted her press release so I guess you people are stuck with her.

Best Regards

i only post news i do not consider her intellegent enough to be stuck with ;)
Shez brainless beauty and i hate brainless things.

KARACHI: PPP Chairperson and former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto says if Supreme Court's verdict in petitions challenging acceptance of General Pervez Musharraf's nomination papers by Election Commission for Presidential election goes against the government it should be respected and accepted.

``General Musharraf had accepted earlier verdicts of apex court and this should be done if judgment on Presidential election goes against the government. All should accept the judgment.

oh yehhhhhhhhhh Musharraf should accept the verdict and leave the plunderers free to loot us again :rofl:

shez is indeed brainless.

i only post news i do not consider her intellegent enough to be stuck with ;)
Shez brainless beauty and i hate brainless things.

Do you want to take a friendly bet that she will be your next PM thanks to her:usflag:

Best Regards

Do you want to take a friendly bet that she will be your next PM thanks to her:usflag:

Best Regards

ahh nah nay nay
that is understood
but lets see the turn of the fate of things
lets see for how much time :usflag: saves her from kicking off out.

BTW im adding to personal enemies :D

Bhutto to leave Pakistan as Supreme Court launches probe into suicide bombing
By ZARAR KHAN,Associated Press Writer AP - Thursday, November 1

KARACHI, Pakistan - Former Pakistan Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto is planning a trip outside of the country just two weeks after a massive suicide bombing targeted her long-awaited return from exile, aides said Wednesday.

The Supreme Court, meanwhile, said it will launch its own investigation into the bloody attack.

Bhutto was preparing to go to Dubai to visit her husband and three children, said Farhatullah Babar, spokesman for her Pakistan People's Party, hinting she could leave as early as Wednesday night.

Other aides, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to reveal her plans, said the opposition leader would remain in the Arab emirate until judges decide whether President Gen. Pervez Musharraf's recent presidential election victory was constitutional.

The verdict, expected by the end of the week, will be critical for how events will unfold in Pakistan. Speculation persists that Musharraf could declare emergency or martial law if his win is overturned, deepening the country's political turmoil Such a move would set back a planned transition to civilian rule and prospects of Bhutto and Musharraf forming an alliance against Islamic extremism.

Bhutto, who twice served as prime minister and then spent eight years in exile to avoid corruption charges, was welcomed back to Pakistan by legions of supporters on Oct. 18. She plans to contest parliamentary elections due by January.

But suicide bombers shattered her homecoming, killing more than 140 people, forcing her to scale back plans to campaign across the country. Islamic extremists fighting security forces near the border with Afghanistan were widely blamed for the attack, the deadliest in a wave of militant violence to hit Pakistan.

The government has vowed to expose those responsible, but Chief Justice Iftikhar Mohammed Chaudhry expressed impatience Wednesday with an investigation that is under intense international scrutiny.

The Supreme Court will review the bombing to ensure the "perpetrators of this barbaric act are brought to book, which will result in restoring the confidence of the nation in the system of governance," a court statement said.

A hearing in the case was scheduled for Thursday.

The activist chief justice has emerged as a key player in Pakistan's power struggle since Musharraf made a botched attempt to fire him in March.

After his reinstatement in July amid a clamor for an end to military rule, the court has taken up a string of high-profile issues, including whether the U.S.-allied military president can remain in power.

Musharraf, who seized power in a 1999 coup and made Pakistan a key ally of the United States in its war against terrorism, won a landslide victory in the Oct. 6 presidential voting by lawmakers.

However, the court has ruled that the result is not final until it rules on opposition complaints that Musharraf was ineligible to contest the vote because he has retained his position as army chief.

Musharraf, who pledged to quit the army before starting a new presidential term, declined on election night to say whether he would accept a negative verdict from the court.

During a hearing on Wednesday, Justice Khalil-ur-Rehman Ramday parried arguments from government lawyers that the complaint should be referred to a lower court.

"It's a question of national interest," Ramday said. "The whole country is in a fix."

The Supreme Court is also considering whether Nawaz Sharif, the prime minister Musharraf ousted eight years ago, should be allowed to return from exile to make a political comeback.

Bhutto returned to Pakistan after Musharraf signed an amnesty to drop corruption cases against her and other politicians and bureaucrats _ amid expectation she and Musharraf could form a pro-Western alliance to counter extremism.

But she has accused hard-liners in the government and security forces of conspiring to kill her and criticized the police investigation into the Oct. 18 attack.

Her party has called for foreign experts to assist the investigation _ a demand rejected by the government, which insists it can solve the case on its own.

Police are also investigating a suicide attack near Musharraf's army office in the city of Rawalpindi that killed seven people Tuesday. Police said surgeons had reconstructed the severed head of the bomber.

Bhutto said Tuesday that she would visit Rawalpindi on Nov. 9, but that she would no longer hold processions like the one attacked in Karachi.

-------------
Bhutto to leave Pakistan as Supreme Court launches probe into suicide bombing - Yahoo! Malaysia News

ahh nah nay nay
that is understood
but lets see the turn of the fate of things
lets see for how much time :usflag: saves her from kicking off out.

BTW im adding to personal enemies :D

ahh = ahah ?
nah = ????
nay = naye = no ?

Not sure what you meant by ahh nah nay nay.

Regards

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom