What's new

Bell Boeing to brief India on V-22 Osprey

On a slightly related note..
There should be Indian startup's on air taxi companies and other corporate charter businesses that should look into the BA-609.
Much more relevant to the Indian market. The Ba-609 also has a proposed Gunship version which might interest the IA and IAF more.

Thats an interesting view. And I must confess that I know nothing about the Ba-609. (I'll look it up now)
About the Air-Taxi and Air-Charter business in India, while it exists; it has not matured yet. And most Air-Taxi operators are really private aircraft owners who have set up paper non-scheduled operators just to use some aspects of the present DGCA regulations and save some taxes. So its like this, when (e.g.) Mukesh Ambani flies aboard his private jet, its operated as a non-scheduled operator's flight and Mukesh Ambani (and any other pax) is considered to be pax under a contract of carriage sort of arrangement. So its sort of a confused sector of transportation.

About the gunships bit, first let IAF and IA sort out their turf issues; then the requirements will coalesce more coherently.

Thats an interesting view. And I must confess that I know nothing about the Ba-609. (I'll look it up now)
300px-BA609_02.jpg

@ deepakclaw
First of all V22 2010 cost was less than 70 million $...Secondly the tilt rotor gives it an advantage which no one else gives us....

Like i said earlier if we are not joining Mil or Kamov for their future chopper projects then we should purchase V22 otherwise i would prefer Kamov rather than Boeing.

I like the comparison. I agree it is way too expensive almost double the price of CHINOOK and maybe for this reason only US is the primary and only user of this machine. I am sure maintenance and spares would not be cheap either. In the bargain all you get is some extra speed for such hefty price. I am sure this 'extra' speed will not come in handy during anti-aircraft warfare or air defense system.

They have to sell this machine to recover 'Program Cost' even if they have to pay some commission to decision maker :enjoy:.

I like the comparison. I agree it is way too expensive almost double the price of CHINOOK and maybe for this reason only US is the primary and only user of this machine. I am sure maintenance and spares would not be cheap either. In the bargain all you get is some extra speed for such hefty price. I am sure this 'extra' speed will not come in handy during anti-aircraft warfare or air defense system.

They have to sell this machine to recover 'Program Cost' even if they have to pay some commission to decision maker :enjoy:.

SO TRUE DUDE!!!!!!:enjoy:

The Ba-609 also has a proposed Gunship version which might interest the IA and IAF more.

Where did you get that from, any links? Even the V22 has very limited weaponary and a gun ship version is difficult with the tilting rotors and a small door for the 609 and the rear ramp for the V22.
Indian forces indeed can have a requirement for the V22, but not as a normal utility helicopter like the Mi 17, the focus would be on special forces or special missions for IN. CV 22s for example in IAF would be a great addition to the C130Js for our special forces,to deploy the fast, at long range and to any kind of regions. In the navy the AEW version would make a lot of sense, since it could be used from any STOBAR carrier and from possible future CATOBAR carriers in the same way, so only one AEW aircraft for the navy instead AEW helicopters with very low performance and maybe E-2Ds with slightly better performance than a V22 (ceiling, range). IN could also use it as an long range ASW or tanker aircraft from carriers and in all these mentioned varients the higher costs will be justified by higher performance compared to any actual helicopter. Only in the normal transport and utility role it falls short to helicopters, especially in terms of cost-effectiveness, so it always depends on what the aim is, which decides if the price is worth it. Would be a great addition, for the special roles, while the Kamov Ka 92 should be the replacement for Mi 17s in the utility roles.

Back
Top Bottom