What's new

Beijing to Judge Every Resident Based on Behavior by End of 2020

In China the norm is to be an atheist. Not being an atheist can be seen as going against the society. It's not demonizing, it's happening as it happened in Nazi Germany. Norms cannot go against universal human values, if they do what happened to Nazi philosophy is bound to happen in XYZ as well and China is no extra-terrestrial entity.
A guy from a dirt poor country like you talks about China? Don't try this hard to embarrass yourself, even China stops developing for a hundred years will be still way better than you Bangladesh where being poor and ignorant is a norm in the society.

You can't compare CCTV cameras in UK with this system in China. CCTV in UK are strictly used for traffic control and or tracing criminals. On weekends they also help in keeping order in UK's city centres where hordes of drunks pouring out of clubs are source of nuisence. I and most people in UK are cool with these CCTV cameras. In fact I would support more.

When CCTV cameras first were rolled out there were concerns but I think it's fair to say most people are cool with them today.

My very point. The Chinese citizens seem to like their system too. I am not being a fan boy of the Chinese society but just stating one good bit of it.

Do respond to my point# 4 in my previous post.

In my very quite suburban neighbourhood which has a oval with a two exist points onto the main road, we have been pushing the council to place CCTV at the entry points but for lack of funds this has not happened yet. The city council said they had other priorities as our oval suburb does not have enough residents to justify the cost. In the last neighbourhood meeting arranged by a local resident who is a retired magistrate did not go anywhere either. This time we had police rep as well but she said the crime rate was too low so the police could not support such a venture. Eventually we agreed that if the residents coughed up the money and service cost we could have CCTV at the two main entry points.

Okay.

You residents participating financially is a good idea too.

You can't compare CCTV cameras in UK with this system in China. CCTV in UK are strictly used for traffic control and or tracing criminals. On weekends they also help in keeping order in UK's city centres where hordes of drunks pouring out of clubs are source of nuisence. I and most people in UK are cool with these CCTV cameras. In fact I would support more.

In my very quite suburban neighbourhood which has a oval with a two exist points onto the main road, we have been pushing the council to place CCTV at the entry points but for lack of funds this has not happened yet. The city council said they had other priorities as our oval suburb does not have enough residents to justify the cost. In the last neighbourhood meeting arranged by a local resident who is a retired magistrate did not go anywhere either. This time we had police rep as well but she said the crime rate was too low so the police could not support such a venture. Eventually we agreed that if the residents coughed up the money and service cost we could have CCTV at the two main entry points.

When CCTV cameras first were rolled out there were concerns but I think it's fair to say most people are cool with them today.
Please don't BS.. The CCTV in China and UK serves the same purpose. Reducing crime and terrorist attack and traffic control.
Please don't try to sound like different usage for UK CCTV.
Typical double standard rating against the Chinese. Just like American insulting Chinese human right but somehow US Trump can pardon a prince chopping up a citizen without trial? Oh, maybe that is not part of human right, is it?

The US has more prisoners than any other country in the world.

The US tracks the location of every single citizen through smartphones.

The US watches every word uttered on the internet by every citizen.

The US makes criminal records and even arrest records available to the public.

The US tracks every transaction of every citizen through credit records.

The underlying social tensions in the US would simply explode if these controls were removed. Mass shootings are only the beginning.

I'd rather trust Chairman Xi Jinping's kind fatherly governance through the social credit system than the facist US regime and their propaganda outfits.

The US has more prisoners than any other country in the world.

The US tracks the location of every single citizen through smartphones.

The US watches every word uttered on the internet by every citizen.

The US makes criminal records and even arrest records available to the public.

The US tracks every transaction of every citizen through credit records.

The underlying social tensions in the US would simply explode if these controls were removed. Mass shootings are only the beginning.

I'd rather trust Chairman Xi Jinping's kind fatherly governance through the social credit system than the facist US regime and their propaganda outfits.
Precisely. American or western human right? Yes, pardon a Saudi prince chopping up a citizen without trial is part of human right. :lol:

In China the norm is to be an atheist. Not being an atheist can be seen as going against the society. It's not demonizing, it's happening as it happened in Nazi Germany. Norms cannot go against universal human values, if they do what happened to Nazi philosophy is bound to happen in XYZ as well and China is no extra-terrestrial entity.

lol, okay, this shows that you don't understand what norms are.

1. As long as this system does not use for rules the Western religious/moralistic norms and Western feminist norms I don't see what the problem here is.

2. There are thousands of CCTV cameras in Britain and I would say that the Britishers should be more worried about these cameras than the Chinese be worried about this credit system.

3. I have seen websites which have a reputation system for its members.

4. In a future human society where conventional money has been abolished and all necessary things are free ( like medical system, public transport etc ), certain things that are in short supply ( like a cake in cake shop ), a monthly or weekly or daily credit system can ensure obtaining such things.

@Indus Pakistan @prashantazazel
I prefer social /legal norms that provide maximum freedom possible, excluding violent behaviour. Western Europe and the Liberal parts of the US are almost there.
I don't trust the governments in the rest of the world to be that progressive.
That means, people would be unfairly penalised in these illiberal countries in large numbers.

Cameras are best used to provide justice in case of serious offences. Now, I'm yet to see the point system the Chinese government is using, and whether it penalises even minor infarctions.

In my book -

Penalising a murderer or drug cartel member is a good idea.
But not allowing someone to fly because of traffic violations in a car seems unjustified.

Please don't BS.. The CCTV in China and UK serves the same purpose.
I am not. If you think civil liberties are the same in China as UK then frankly there is no point in further discussion. Your comparing a single party, authoritarian state with one of the oldest democracies about. You continue to indulge in fantasy. And just to place it on record I am pro China.

A guy from a dirt poor country like you talks about China? Don't try this hard to embarrass yourself, even China stops developing for a hundred years will be still way better than you Bangladesh where being poor and ignorant is a norm in the society.
This has to be the stupidest point of view I have read in a while. Are you saying that simply because he comes from a "poor" country that his viewpoint is to be spurned? Now THAT is pure arrogance.

This has to be the stupidest point of view I have read in a while. Are you saying that simply because he comes from a "poor" country that his viewpoint is to be spurned? Now THAT is pure arrogance.
Pointing fingers at another's domestic affairs which are welcomed by their own people is the ultimate arrogance. US is second to none for doing arrogance business. What we do is our business. Save your time to fix your country's mass shooting problem, it's becoming US most popular national pastime now.

China is now brighter than Trump's White First Murica, if you don't stop hunting Russian and Chinese spies. You guys look funny to post opinions against those of the A+ US president. F''k off!

well, stop sending spies and we won't have to hunt them. Good luck trying to control a billion plus people. They are humans and not animals. Sooner or later that will backfire on you. Just like trying to lock up a million muslims for "re-education" will also fail - all because they are trying to practise their religion

Its hilarious to see how cheap the propaganda and blatant lies produced by Washington and pet regimes about China gets and still have some low IQ numbnuts come here preaching the Chinese would be the ignorant ones, while they have absolutely no clue whats really happening (and some sour grapes just dont care) and just vomit the same trash they have been fed by their "free media" including their proxies posing as "independent" foreign sources, all parotting the exact same hypocrisy, disingenious spins and disgusting lies like these Bloomberg articles every day, with the more than transparent agenda to agitate, undermine and play foul against economic competition and distract from their own domestic political and economic real troubles and real failures with an external bogeyman.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom