What's new

Beijing seeks Dhaka's support in island dispute with Tokyo

Katana? peace prevails in the island when Kawaraaz is Daimyo! I will send you Geisha instead!
Bangladesh has to as Chinese can offer much needed funding for its projects.

But at the same time they have US to think too which has recently shown interest in BD. And US supports Japan.

So being neutral is the only way out and hope China don't take it as a stance towards indifference to Beijing's demand.

BD needs China more than China needs BD.

As for Bd's situation I think they should support them. Its good for them. They want funds and cheap loans for the projects in their country, and china has money. So go ahead and grab the chance.

Our govt will remain neutral. China is ally and Japan is donor. Hard to choose!

The present Chinese Government is a pragmatic government I really don't think she holds any ill will if your government stays neutral. But then of course this a realistic world and true friendships are few and in between and are always valued.

Bangladesh has to as Chinese can offer much needed funding for its projects.

But at the same time they have US to think too which has recently shown interest in BD. And US supports Japan.

So being neutral is the only way out and hope China don't take it as a stance towards indifference to Beijing's demand.

BD needs China more than China needs BD.

surprisingly Bangladesh doesn't give importance to USA that much! It tries to maintain very good relationship with both Russia and China! For example- bangladesh always supported Iran's nuclear programme! Even after repeated request from USA, It didn't recognize Kosovo, didn't send army to Afghanistan even after powel's personal visit and request or supporting taiwan as part of mainland! Our official policy is pro-china i guess, but govt will keep quiet because Japan helped us a lot!

Don't worry, the Chinese world won't end if your government holds this view.

That was after I read some history regarding the matter.

Both Japan and China are our friends, and we have no ill-will toward any. So we will remain neutral to the matter.

That was after I read some history regarding the matter.

Both Japan and China are our friends, and we have no ill-will toward any. So we will remain neutral to the matter.

Lame. According to your statement "Actually, those islands are technically Japanese" you lack historical perspectives and knowledge and a bias attitude to go with it.

surprisingly Bangladesh doesn't give importance to USA that much! It tries to maintain very good relationship with both Russia and China! For example- bangladesh always supported Iran's nuclear programme! Even after repeated request from USA, It didn't recognize Kosovo, didn't send army to Afghanistan even after powel's personal visit and request or supporting taiwan as part of mainland! Our official policy is pro-china i guess, but govt will keep quiet because Japan helped us a lot!

USA is a funny country if you ask me.

We do address their security matters as in our capacity. However, they hardly ever take our security interests seriously. Even if we do sent troops to Afghanistan, it won't change anything.

Hence, the indifference.

Lame. According to your statement "Actually, those islands are technically Japanese" you lack historical perspectives and knowledge and a bias attitude to go with it.

Okay, enlighten me :D

Buddy he was just giving his point of view...

But by your statement it looks like you are following the policy '' Either you are with me or against me''.....

And what was that Chineese world won't end if Bangladesh Govt hold this view....dude its your govt who is seeking support from Bangladesh in this dispute not vice versa....

BAL should fully back China regarding this issue. Hasina should send our frigates near the islans to show her full support for China.

BAL should fully back China regarding this issue. Hasina should send our frigates near the islans to show her full support for China.

Fishing boat is a good alternative bro, we have lots of fishing boats. Last time i checked, Taiwan sent fishing boats to claim the island.

Back
Top Bottom