What's new

Beijing Olympics 2022: Discussion and Update

US women hockey team defeated Finland in opening matchup

Nathan Chen of Team USA with a historic short program in figure skating. Near perfection

To me it looks like the story of self pity western media breaking all records merely to mislead and misguide about China with fake news and articles. Understand the tactics of media influence towing official line or following the orders by their sponsors to write what is being fed or told. Chill.

Well it destroyes the profits of companies who sponsored Olympia. This games are basicly destroyed at the moment here. Zero reporting about the games but all reports focus on bad things in china and corruption of the IOC.

I think the games are damaged from this beyond repair.

Here in Greece media write apology articles about why they report about Olympic games in China. In Germany its same:

German Spiegel magazine explains itself why they will report.

When this continues, i guess the games will break apart in the future

Twenty five heads of state attended the opening ceremony of the Beijing Winter Olympics.
By comparison, only one head of state participated in the Tokyo Olympic Games.

Why?

And none of them from democratic nations.

Can you show the list of that nations ?

I am not in front of TV, but for tropical nations like Indonesia, this is not a big news, I never watch Winter Olympic since I was born, there is no live coverage here, unlike Summer Olympic, but this could be a big game for countries in Europe and other countries that has winter season

Can you show the list of that nations ?

I am not in front of TV, but for tropical nations like Indonesia, this is not a big news, I never watch Winter Olympic since I was born, there is no live coverage here, unlike Summer Olympic, but this could be a big game for countries in Europe and other countries that has winter season

It normally is big in Europe but nit this time. Its written down on trash status.

Here is a list:

Not a single leader of a big winter sport nation is attending.

All state leaders there from autocratic regimes.

It normally is big in Europe but nit this time. Its written down on trash status.

Here is a list:

Not a single leader of a big winter sport nation is attending.

All state leaders there from autocratic regimes.

They forget Singapore, Singapore President is also attending

This opening ceremony is boring. Not even close to the spectacular 2008 opening ceremony. Zhang Yimou has lost his magic touch. Very disappointing.

Well it destroyes the profits of companies who sponsored Olympia. This games are basicly destroyed at the moment here. Zero reporting about the games but all reports focus on bad things in china and corruption of the IOC.

I think the games are damaged from this beyond repair.

Here in Greece media write apology articles about why they report about Olympic games in China. In Germany its same:

German Spiegel magazine explains itself why they will report.

When this continues, i guess the games will break apart in the future

That is an instant attempt to damage PR. Soon, once games started; most of shoddy journalism will look into any alleged mishaps and that is it. While on other hand; reporting with an interest to update the fact will keep sharing wins & losses. Conclusively, there's no control on negative reporting since we are looking at rights of journalism being abused left right by the same torch bearers of journalism.

This opening ceremony is boring. Not even close to the spectacular 2008 opening ceremony. Zhang Yimou has lost his magic touch. Very disappointing.

In 2008, we need to show China's strength and achievements.
In 2022, we don't need that.

In 2008, we need to show China's strength and achievements.
In 2022, we don't need that.

It is not about showing strength or achievements. An Olympics opening ceremony should show the cultural elements of the nation.

2008 was Chinese culture.
2012 was British culture.
2016 was Brazilian culture.

2022 was generic and non-Chinese.

That is an instant attempt to damage PR. Soon, once games started; most of shoddy journalism will look into any alleged mishaps and that is it. While on other hand; reporting with an interest to update the fact will keep sharing wins & losses. Conclusively, there's no control on negative reporting since we are looking at rights of journalism being abused left right by the same torch bearers of journalism.

Im not so sure about that. Its different, the games are virtually destroyed over here and it damages sponsors reputation. Sport equipment companies in europe start to apology and try to avoid being connected with the games. The fact that not a single leader of great european winter sport nations like Germany or France attended shows it as well. I think what we see is a rift and maybe in future we will have two different games for both blocks.

Im not so sure about that. Its different, the games are virtually destroyed over here and it damages sponsors reputation. Sport equipment companies in europe start to apology and try to avoid being connected with the games. The fact that not a single leader of great european winter sport nations like Germany or France attended shows it as well. I think what we see is a rift and maybe in future we will have two different games for both blocks.

You have already repeated about games being destroyed through media in the West; the umpteenth times. It is about time to move on.

Back
Top Bottom