What's new

Beijing Olympics 2022: Discussion and Update

Athletes from the #2 spot ahead of China arrive in Germany

Germany: Olympic athletes receive warm welcome at Frankfurt Airport​

No, I'm talking about the part where he said Eillen Gu spoke on the podium and instead of speaking the traditional Chinese speech of "I did this for the Chinese people and for China" she instead said something no other Chinese athlete ever dared say "I did this because i enjoy the sport..I did it for myself".

Intentionally saying "being a nail sticking out of the board is okay".

That’s addressed elsewhere. My statement is regarding to the naive comment by the vlogger in the video as he obviously has no clue about the fervor nationalism that exists in the US.

That’s addressed elsewhere. My statement is regarding to the naive comment by the vlogger in the video as he obviously has no clue about the fervor nationalism that exists in the US.

I think he is aware of it but sees it not being as worse as China's...especially when nobody in his Chinese class considered Eileen Gu American.

Last edited:
I think he is aware of it but sees it not being as worse as China's...especially when nobody in his Chinese class considered Eileen Gu American.

Anybody in his class angry about Gu’s statement of being American in America? No such impression was given by what the vlogger has stated.

Anybody in his class angry about Gu’s statement of being American in America? No such impression was given by what the vlogger has stated.

Chinese people are more realistic than you think.

For the Chinese people, Gu Ailing's economic benefits from China come from the stars in the performing arts circle. It's almost a fixed size cake. The only difference is that there is one more person eating cake.

Secondly, Gu ailing can bring two Olympic gold medals and stimulate the consumption growth of emerging winter sports, which is enough.

And Gu Ailing has reached the age of retirement. We've got everything we want.

As for Gu Ailing's nationality, it is used to annoy Americans.

No, I'm talking about the part where he said Eillen Gu spoke on the podium and instead of speaking the traditional Chinese speech of "I did this for the Chinese people and for China" she instead said something no other Chinese athlete ever dared say "I did this because i enjoy the sport..I did it for myself".

Obviously you don't know enough about the Chinese.
Chinese society also encourages the pursuit of ideals and the realization of self-worth.
The collectivism of Confucianism is very different from that of the USSR.
Do you think China is a new Soviet Union?

Last edited:

Let me explain to you like this. You know that the general secretary of CCP is Xi JinPing(Chinese name:习近平), but do you know the Chinese meaning of "习近平"?

"习近平" consists of three Chinese characters "习" + "近" + "平". These three Chinese characters come from "习文, 近武, 平天下", one of the Confucian spirits. "习文" means to learn knowledge, "近武" means to physical exercise, "平天下" means to bring justice and peace to the world. Confucianism believes that the pursuit of ideals and the realization of personal values(习文近武) is to contribute to the society and the country(平天下).

Let me explain to you like this. You know that the general secretary of CCP is Xi JinPing(Chinese name:习近平), but do you know the Chinese meaning of "习近平"?

"习近平" consists of three Chinese characters "习" + "近" + "平". These three Chinese characters come from "习文, 近武, 平天下", one of the Confucian spirits. "习文" means to learn knowledge, "近武" means to physical exercise, "平天下" means to bring justice and peace to the world. Confucianism believes that the pursuit of ideals and the realization of personal values(习文近武) is to contribute to the society and the country(平天下).

That's really really nice...but go tell it to Eileen..

"I remember that I'm the one who did the work, and I'm the one who loves the sport, so I'm skiing for myself."

"I'm of course forever grateful for all the support that I've received, to my family, to my friends, to the fans out here. But at the end of the day when I'm skiing, when I'm at the top, when I'm in the zone, it's just me. That's why I love to skiing. I do it for myself."

That's really really nice...but go tell it to Eileen..

"I remember that I'm the one who did the work, and I'm the one who loves the sport, so I'm skiing for myself."

"I'm of course forever grateful for all the support that I've received, to my family, to my friends, to the fans out here. But at the end of the day when I'm skiing, when I'm at the top, when I'm in the zone, it's just me. That's why I love to skiing. I do it for myself."

What's the problem? She pursued her ideals and won honor for her motherland at the same time. That is exactly the "内圣外王" pursued by Confucianism.

Damn, so Eileen Gu does return to the US. That's kind of two-faced.
Oh well, at least she inspired chinese to be better at Winter Sports and won 3 medals for China.

Damn, so Eileen Gu does return to the US. That's kind of two-faced.
Oh well, at least she inspired chinese to be better at Winter Sports and won 3 medals for China.

Now Gu Ailing is in Beijing. But she's still going to Stanford.

IMG_20220224_065811.jpg

Televisions in the Winter Olympic Village were packed and brought home by unidentified athletes. I don't think it's a Chinese athlete, but China's customs are really useless!

Back
Top Bottom