What's new

Beijing is scrambling to keep the U.S. from kicking Chinese firms worth $1.4 trillion off Wall Street. But Congress is in no mood for compromise

If America doesn't need to rely on anyone, then why is the price of gasoline in America at $6 a gallon??????

I think it is clear, YOU have no idea what you're talking about!!
its only in california.

us is the world largest both oil and gas producer as well largest consumer.

usa is blessed with natural resources...also has country like canada on its side which is also blessed with natural resources.

its only in california.

usa is blessed with natural resources...also has country like canada on its side which is also blessed with natural resources.

National average is $4.08
gasprices.png

Seems the West coast hit harder probably due to local taxes.

Exchanging currency in China​

Be sure to avoid exchanging currency on the black market from street vendors. You're likely to get fake bills.

The CNY used to be pegged to the dollar but the peg was lifted in 2005. The yuan has now moved to a managed floating exchange rate based on market supply and demand of a basket of foreign currencies.

Beginning in January 2010, Chinese and non-Chinese citizens have an annual exchange limit of US $50,000. Exchange can proceed only if the applicant appears in person at the bank and presents a valid passport or Chinese ID.

That's a deflection. You gave a link for currency control, but not for your statement below:

"That's really nice but tell me why no bank in the world would take a stack of 700,000 Chinese Yuan and convert it into ANY hard currency near the official rate..."

Provide the source please. What is your basis for saying RMB is not exchanged at official rate?

That's a deflection. You gave a link for currency control, but not for your statement below:

"That's really nice but tell me why no bank in the world would take a stack of 700,000 Chinese Yuan and convert it into ANY hard currency near the official rate..."

Provide the source please. What is your basis for saying RMB is not exchanged at official rate?

It's not a deflection. Even in China where the Yuan is obviously readily accepted everywhere every person (even foreigners!!) has a yearly bank quota limit of $50,000 worth of Yuan that can be exchanged to a foreign currency. You can't exchange 700,000 Yuan because that is approximately double ($109,000).

Meanwhile I can walk into a main bank in New York, London, or Japan and exchange say $250,000 into 231,000 Euros and then into 31,678,726 Japanese yen...without any hesitation and likely not even any paperwork.

But 700,000 Chinese Yuan into $109,000...that's not likely.

Is it difficult to exchange Yuan for Dollars in the U.S.?

Additionally, finding banks around the country that will take Yuan notes in exchange for Dollar bills can sometimes be tricky.

Some considerations if you want to change Yuan for Dollars at the airport:

• This is usually quite expensive as fees are applied
  • The rate of exchange is often less competitive than from other travel money providers
  • The exchange amount is normally limited to only $500 at a time

Last edited:
its only in california.

Yet what Americans are facing, is runaway inflation. If America is so blessed (as you put it), then Americans wouldn't be hurting so bad at the gas stations and the grocery stores!

It's not a deflection. Even in China where the Yuan is obviously readily accepted everywhere every person (even foreigners!!) has a yearly bank quota limit of $50,000 worth of Yuan that can be exchanged to a foreign currency. You can't exchange 700,000 Yuan because that is approximately double ($109,000).

Meanwhile I can walk into a main bank in New York, London, or Japan and exchange say $250,000 into 231,000 Euros and then into 31,678,726 Japanese yen...without any hesitation and likely not even any paperwork.

But 700,000 Chinese Yuan into $109,000...that's not likely.

Is it difficult to exchange Yuan for Dollars in the U.S.?

Additionally, finding banks around the country that will take Yuan notes in exchange for Dollar bills can sometimes be tricky.

Some considerations if you want to change Yuan for Dollars at the airport:

• This is usually quite expensive as fees are applied
  • The rate of exchange is often less competitive than from other travel money providers
  • The exchange amount is normally limited to only $500 at a time
Still deflecting. You're attempting to conflate capital control with exchange rate.

Let me ask you again. Where is your source saying RMB is not exchanged at the official rate and rather some black market rate?

Still deflecting. You're attempting to conflate capital control with exchange rate.

Let me ask you again. Where is your source saying RMB is not exchanged at the official rate and rather some black market rate?

I never was implying that. I was just making sure you didn't pull the excuse "Hey i can easily exchange 700,000 yuan for USD in a Chinese bank..all I have to do is ask for $50,000 and it's done"...which is well below the real exchange value of $109,000.

I never was implying that. I was just making sure you didn't pull the excuse "Hey i can easily exchange 700,000 yuan for USD in a Chinese bank..all I have to do is ask for $50,000 and it's done"...which is well below the real exchange value of $109,000.
Quit backpeddling.

You claimed that if I had a stack of RMB, it would not be exchanged at the official rate if I tried to get USD or Euro. I asked you for proof, and you have so far failed to do so other than some irrelevant article on capital control. So you lying or stupid?

Yet what Americans are facing, is runaway inflation. If America is so blessed (as you put it), then Americans wouldn't be hurting so bad at the gas stations and the grocery stores!
Thats because us printed trillions as stimulus and interest rate record low.

Once feds ramp up interest rate inflation will go down.

And usa is blessed with natural resources. Combine value of natural resources of us and canada is close to 80 trillion dollars.

Quit backpeddling.

You claimed that if I had a stack of RMB, it would not be exchanged at the official rate if I tried to get USD or Euro. I asked you for proof, and you have so far failed to do so other than some irrelevant article on capital control. So you lying or stupid?

Yes, I'm saying you would be hard pressed to find a bank in the world where you can hand a teller 700,000 Chinese Yuan and have it exchanged for a hard currency.

Whether the rate is a little above, below, or on target doesn't really matter. They simply wont exchange the entire 700,000.

Non-convertible currencies, as the name implies, are currencies that cannot be readily exchanged for another currency, generally as a result of government restrictions. The Chinese yuan (CNY) is a well known non-convertible currency.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm saying you would be hard pressed to find a bank in the world where you can hand a teller 700,000 Chinese Yuan and have it exchanged for a hard currency.

Whether the rate is a little above, below, or on target doesn't really matter. They simply wont exchange the entire 700,000.

You just said it won't exchange for the official rate and now you're deflecting to amount. I'm going to rub it in your face over and over.

Thank you for admitting that you're full of shit and can't back up your claim.

You just said it won't exchange for the official rate and now you're deflecting to amount. I'm going to rub it in your face over and over.

Thank you for admitting that you're full of shit and can't back up your claim.

What part of "not being able to convert 700,000 Chinese Yuan in a bank outside of China to a hard currency" are you not comprehending?

You yourself are the one who is deflecting by going back to the rate over and over and over and over and over. It is the quantity that is the problem not the precise rate,

You will be hard pressed to find a bank outside of China that will convert 700,000 Chinese Yuan to a hard currency....period.

Go into a main bank in Japan and up to a teller with 700,000 Chinese Yuan and ask for Japanese Yen.

Go into a main bank in London and up to a teller with 700,000 Chinese Yuan and ask for Euros.

Go into a main bank in Russia and up to a teller with 700,000 Chinese Yuan and ask for Japanese Yen.

Go into a main bank in Pakistan and up to a teller with 700,000 Chinese Yuan and ask for Euros.

They more than likely wont do it. 700,000 Yuan is likely way above the limit they'd accept.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom