What's new

'Beijing-Dhaka ties will be substantially damaged if Bangladesh joins Quad'

We can list the not so lackey like actions of Pakistan
Yeah Go on at least we know where we stand, but the way you are butthurt, it seems i have touched a nerve here.
We can list the not so lackey like actions of Pakistan
Yeah Go on at least we know where we stand, but the way you are butthurt, it seems i have touched a nerve here.

You missed the memo. We are not joining any camp. However, the Chinese ambassador's comments are unwarranted and very inconsistent with traditional Chinese foreign policy. He should not lecture us on what camp to join in this manner.

Now watch how CCP makes him withdraw his statement.

True, you are better off when India threatens you and tighten the screws.
When Amit Shah calls Bangladeshi names and consider them termites.
You are free to join Indo lead alliance (s) , who is stopping you!!
That's what Chinese Ambassador is warning.

True, you are better off when India threatens you and tighten the screws.
When Amit Shah calls Bangladeshi names and consider them termites.
You are free to join Indo lead alliance (s) , who is stopping you!!
That's what Chinese Ambassador is warning.
Is your comprehension skills tied to % access to sanitation in India by any chance?

This is a masterstroke by the BD government actually, they needed to ask China to step up their game without saying it outright..

The Chinese ambassador provided the GoB with a very convenient opening and now Momen delivered the message..

The Chinese now know that while BD values the relationship between the two nations alot, BD has never written out the alternatives..

In other words, China needs to do more to ensure BD doesn't slip away to the other side...

This is all a careful game of diplomacy, bluffing and calculated statements, part and parcel of international geopolitics,...

Quite so refreshing to see such a mature approach from the GoB instead of rolling over like some others.

Should we draw a cartoon of Momen bird sitting on a fence? That is the stance actually... 8-)

I am talking about the whole exchange including Momen's rebuttal. Momen did what any FM worth his salt should do.
Given how the West is ganging up against China, they would want to protect long standing friendships at any cost. The Chinese will make amends for this stupid remark. Just watch.

We are ASSUMING it was an off-the-cuff rogue comment.

What if this was a CALCULATED one?

Chinese ambassador deliberately calling Diplomatic press corps and delivering rogue open warnings without consulting the food chain?
Much more to it then that, it's called driving a hard bargain.

You win or you lose... What matters is you played.

Ha ha - khel to abhi shuru hui hai....
If USSR gave India missiles and rockets, India would have had them long back. In fact, India was able to develop its own SLV rocket only in 1994. USSR helped India in getting cryogenic technology for launching rockets to GEO with minimum size. But India already had built its own rockets by then.

Can you give me the source on this so that I can study?

Indian space scientists studied early US satellite rockets in the sixties (in the US - NASA). They were invited there by US administration.

The QUAD is an anti China containment alliance so any country who then decides to enter such an alliance will be declaring their hostile intentions to China vividly and the Chinese will then act accordingly.

The rocket was launched with the help of USA/Japan. For that matter, even Pakistan launched rockets before India. Yet, Pakistan does not have any space vehicles even today and is very far off from having one any time soon. So, Indonesia launching rockets does not mean much.

That may have been the case. But one can't say with certainty that Indonesia would have had nuclear weapons or reactors. That would depend on how much USSR taught these scientists and how much infrastructure was available in Indonesian industries to support that research.

Can we please not bring up and discuss off topic subjects not connected with the discussion at hand? Appreciate your cooperation.

Look on previous statement, it is clear China wants BD to be inside his camp and should see Quad camp as its joined enemy

The question is why China needs to do this kind of requirement to BD ? What prompted them to do that ?

BD is not located in SCS and Asia Pasicif region and doesnt have strong naval power that can help either Quad or China if conflict arise.

Its geographical location can be replaced by China with Myanmar and by USA with Andamands islands or India and even Malaysia since Malaysia has been agree to give the access to US armed force interm of permanent refueling site for US navy

If you read up on China's strategic thinkers and analysts, BD has to be in China's corner for the containment of India in the subcontinent to tighten the noose as we speak, of all the QUAD members besides the US China actually sees only India to be a credible threat because of it's population, economy and potential to grow, Japan, Australia and Taiwan are push over nations that can be easily handled, but for India CCP believes her adventurism in the south china sea can be contained by surrounding India by China friendly states in the subcontinent (Pakistan, Nepal, BD and Sri Lanka).

Lmao, yeah go on...

Hahaha, you must be quite the comedian..

It's easy to talk smack about others when we can't dish out the proper answers.. but that's okay, couldn't be arsed to educate the blind and ignorant anyway..

We can all see the reality and it's funny but I won't bore others with that... It's already quite apparent. :yahoo::yahoo:

Waiting for the British High commission to tweet
giphy.gif

OK guys more on this,

Lmao, yeah go on...

Hahaha, you must be quite the comedian..

It's easy to talk smack about others when we can't dish out the proper answers.. but that's okay, couldn't be arsed to educate the blind and ignorant anyway..

We can all see the reality and it's funny but I won't bore others with that... It's already quite apparent. :yahoo::yahoo:

In Bangladesh we Bangladeshis must feel like Munia being courted so much by rich and powerful suitors, but can we also (ahem) Hang ourselves ? Good question.

Unlike Munia, we must know how to keep secrets and be tactful....

Yeah I know - comparison is kinda lame.

Point is - to play games carefully to extract maximum benefit.

Last edited:
Waiting for the British High commission to tweet
if the brits do it , i'm confident the french will follow suit

a discussion about who BD's friends and allies are deserves its own forum. Amongst the EU nations we have the best relation with Italy followed by germany , spain and france.

It is normal to get USSR technology, at least they can give you opportunity to learn in their university like what happened with Indonesia nuclear and rocket scientist. Some help can be exist as well in your own research and give you equipment, some thing like that, It doesnt need to spoon feed you, and give the secret right away........People has brain, they can develop what they have taken into something higher

View attachment 742720

View attachment 742719

Nuclear Indonesia sitting on the opening of world's one of the most busiest sea lines would have been a great deterrence for a war mongering countries like China.....

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom