What's new

'Beijing-Dhaka ties will be substantially damaged if Bangladesh joins Quad'

Some of the views on this thread are downright schizophrenic.

China asks us not to join Quad, BD minister says we are not joining Quad anyway - so what's the problem?

Just because this doesn't fit in some peoples conspiracy theories, they are going on senseless rants.

The fact is BD has managed to balance the 2 regional powers extremely well. People go on about India but the inconvenient truth is BD is demonstrably not in India's pocket.

In fact, we owe huge loans to China, we rely on Chinese money for several major infra projects. If anything we should be in the Chinese' pocket - but again the BD Govt has managed to avoid that.

We all love to curse our Govts but every now and then you have to appreciate the good too.

and some not-so-lackey of India, early 2019 orgasm boys were saying "screws" will be tightened on BD among other doomsday scenarios..

Nobody takes cowards seriously, got to make a stand... can't roll over at the first sign of trouble.

Besides, China is our friend,.. off colour remark by his Excellency Mr. Li can be overlooked as greater things await both nations in relation to Sino-Bangla ties.

Some of the views on this thread are downright schizophrenic.

China asks us not to join Quad, BD minister says we are not joining Quad anyway - so what's the problem?

Just because this doesn't fit in some peoples conspiracy theories, they are going on senseless rants.

The fact is BD has managed to balance the 2 regional powers extremely well. People go on about India but the inconvenient truth is BD is demonstrably not in India's pocket.

In fact, we owe huge loans to China, we rely on Chinese money for several major infra projects. If anything we should be in the Chinese' pocket - but again the BD Govt has managed to avoid that.

We all love to curse our Govts but every now and then you have to appreciate the good too.

Its only the early 2019 orgasm boys who hold such laughable views, ignore.

All Awami league had to do was keep their mouth shut and work towards economic development.

It's this exactly what BD is doing?
Its only the early 2019 orgasm boys who hold such laughable views, ignore.

I'm disappointed to see Bangladeshis falling into this populist, hateful style of discourse.

Everything is either evil West, evil India/slave BD or Muslim countries all good.

The more stupid that world view starts to look, the more these people bury their heads into it.

It's this exactly what BD is doing?

I'm disappointed to see Bangladeshis falling into this populist, hateful style of discourse.

Everything is either evil West, evil India/slave BD or Muslim countries all good.

The more stupid that world view starts to look, the more these people bury their heads into it.

Before cherry picking a convenient passage and twisting it to your narrative I suggest you read the other comments that were made. No where did I call the west evil, Nor did I say that all Muslim countries are good. Nor did I say BD is a slave of India.

But yes--- Awami league is firmly in India's pocket and not neutral towards India. No one in BD questions this fact . No one in the world questions this fact other than a few fools.

No one in BD has issues with the west. The west is very welcome in BD to invest and build close ties. I have never said the west is evil. West has no reason to consider BD an enemy unless India instigates them to do this.

BD needs the West and China for economic and military development. In my opinion continued relationship with West and China is very important to BD. As a matter of fact. BD should be working even more closely with the West and China.

However , in my opinion BD has absolutely no need for India whatsoever. Only Awami league needs India. India is nothing but Liability for BD's growth and development.

If you think that Awami league is neutral when it comes to India, then clearly we should avoid this topic and talk about Disney land.

Last edited:
Before cherry picking a convenient passage and twisting it to your narrative I suggest you read the other comments that were made. No where did I call the west evil, Nor did I say that all muslim countries are good.

But yes--- Awami league is firmly in India's pocket. No one in BD questions this fact .

I know it has hurt you that I laughed at your post, you don't have to laugh at all mine as revenge - it really does make you look schizo.

I laughed because your post was ridiculous. From the beginning of this thread you have imagined up idiotic, defeatist scenarios for BD.

First you imagined that 'War is coming to BD'. Then you imagined that BD will be invaded by India within 6-12 months regardless of what we do with quad ( that one was priceless). And now in that last post you have imagined some long winded fantasy from the depths of your skull where India will win short term, via Russia, via USA - and after all that BD will be the winner?!

Your biased outlook means you are doing mental gymnastics to make the reality fit your view.

As you say, for you 'either way BD foreign policy has been a disaster' .

No one in BD has issues with the west. The west is very welcome in BD to invest and build close ties. I have never said the west is evil. West has no reason to consider BD an enemy unless India instigates them to do this.

BD needs the West and China for economic and military development. In my opinion continued relationship with West and China is very important to BD. As a matter of fact. BD should be working even more closely with the West and China.

However , in my opinion BD has absolutely no need for India whatsoever. Only Awami league needs India. India is nothing but Liability for BD's growth and development.

If you think that Awami league is neutral when it comes to India, then clearly we should avoid this topic and talk about Disney land.

You just said BD should stay neutral but now you are advocating a stance against India? Do you realise none of your arguments stack up.

You say we need the West but you spent a whole post saying the West will always choose India. If India is the Wests' man in the region then you have to deal with them.

You also seem to believe that India has the power to destroy BD as you mentioned it in several posts. Shows your understanding of the world.

People say a lot of things but doesn't make it true. You can talk about Indian slavery all day long but it's funny that BD GDP per person, HDI and growth is better than Indias in most respects.

Where is the apology? I don't see any apology in the article.

Last edited:
and some not-so-lackey of India, early 2019 orgasm boys were saying "screws" will be tightened on BD among other doomsday scenarios..
YOU WERE RIGHT about this ! Some ppl will conveniently ignore this thread.

Besides, China is our friend

Our relationship with China goes back centuries and even millenia it is based on mutual benefit and respect for each other.
1620825943419.png

Nobody takes cowards seriously, got to make a stand... can't roll over at the first sign of trouble.
called out amit shah's BS as well. We are peace-loving ,docile ppl but that shouldn't mean we will roll over.

US took note of China’s warning to Bangladesh against Quad: Official

The US has taken note of a Chinese diplomat’s statement warning Bangladesh against joining the Quad, the informal grouping of Australia, India, Japan and America to coordinate in the Indo-Pacific region, a top State Department official has said.

State Department Spokesperson Ned Price told reporters at his daily news conference on Tuesday that the US has an incredibly strong relationship with Bangladesh.

“We have taken note of that statement from the PRC (People’s Republic of China) ambassador to Bangladesh.

“What we would say is that we respect Bangladesh's sovereignty and we respect Bangladesh's right to make foreign policy decisions for itself,” Price said.

Responding to a question, he said that the United States is close with its partners on a range of issues from economic growth to climate change to humanitarian issues.

“When it comes to the Quad, we have said this before… it’s an informal, essential, multilateral mechanism that right now convenes like-minded democracies, the United States, India, Australia and Japan to coordinate in the Indo-Pacific and fundamentally to push forward our goal of a free and open Indo-Pacific region,” Price said.

In a provocative remark on Monday, China's ambassador in Dhaka Li Jiming warned Bangladesh against joining the US-led Quad alliance, saying that Dhaka's participation in the anti-Beijing "club" would result in "substantial damage" to bilateral relations.

“Obviously, it will not be a good idea for Bangladesh to participate in this small club of four (Quad) because it will substantially damage our bilateral relationship,” Li said at a virtual meeting organised by the Diplomatic Correspondents Association, Bangladesh.

Bangladesh's foreign minister Dr AK Abdul Momen described the Chinese envoy's comment as "very unfortunate" and "aggressive".

"We are an independent and sovereign state. We decide our foreign policy," he said.

Initiated in 2007, the Quadrilateral Security Dialogue, Quad for short, is an informal grouping of the US, India, Australia and Japan.

China has vehemently opposed the formation of the Quad with a Chinese foreign ministry spokesman emphasising in March that exchanges and cooperation between countries should help expand mutual understanding and trust, instead of targeting or harming the interests of third parties.

The Quad member countries have resolved to uphold a rules-based international order in the Indo-Pacific amid growing Chinese assertiveness in the strategically vital region.

The first summit of the Quad leaders was hosted by US President Joe Biden on March 12 and the virtual meeting was attended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga.

The four Quad leaders have vowed to strive for an Indo-Pacific region that is free, open, inclusive, healthy, anchored by democratic values, and unconstrained by coercion, sending a clear message to China against its aggressive actions in the region.

You just said BD should stay neutral but now you are advocating a stance against India? Do you realise none of your arguments stack up.

You say we need the West but you spent a whole post saying the West will always choose India. If India is the Wests' man in the region then you have to deal with them.

You also seem to believe that India has the power to destroy BD as you mentioned it in several posts. Shows your understanding of the world.

People say a lot of things but doesn't make it true. You can talk about Indian slavery all day long but it's funny that BD GDP per person, HDI and growth is better than Indias in most respects.

Doesn't matter in the end of the day , no matter what we say GOB managed to play their cards right to balance out both superpowers which is good enough for now.

The only threat is India and again India still doesn't control the GOB fully so it's not even a slave as much , but we have to break away from the Indian influence if we want to take development seriously.

Bangladesh AGAIN doesn't have time for silly games , it has to stay neutral as possible and it must focus on it's own indigenous industrialization and grow it's economy to a level where we leverage our economy for our own national interests.

In the end of the day Bangladesh still has a gloomy future ahead due to climate change and the rise of A.I so good luck

Besides, China is our friend,.. off colour remark by his Excellency Mr. Li can be overlooked as greater things await both nations in relation to Sino-Bangla ties.

Lmao Nibbas were like " CHINA WILL BOMB BANGLADESHI AIRBASES"

I'm like Bruh what :sarcastic:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom