What's new

Beijing concerned over increasing cost of security of CPEC: Chinese state media

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure what you are asking ? But if your asking why I am in the shithole of Eritrea rather than our homeland, it's because I needed a job that could support my family, not through my choice.

Lol @Kaptaan bhai don't thank him. He's just an Indian making fun of Pakistan's economy.

That didn't stop virtually all leading indian experts to publicly claim PRE-MAY 1998 that it was IMPOSSIBLE FOR Pakistan to EVER have nukes with or without Chinese assistance. The indian military high command elite however knew Pakistan's REAL capabilities. It's this reality that stopped them attacking Pakistan after mumbai 2008.

How the above post suggests I am an Indian is beyond me.

Heheh.. we can find that out easily. Which of our languages do you speak? Anything other than Urdu?

F**k off.

I am someone who has had to move to an alien nation to support my family, which makes me question our nations values and trajectory.

How the above post suggests I am an Indian is beyond me.

if you can't answer my question about solar power costs, which in my belief are a fundamental question about CPEC that's your issue.
Post reported for Abusive language against fellow member.
@Oscar @waz

As I clearly have such a low IQ and apparently can't follow a conversation, I shall go back to work.

back to work? :woot:

def1.png

:lol:
@salarsikander

That didn't stop virtually all leading indian experts to publicly claim PRE-MAY 1998 that it was IMPOSSIBLE FOR Pakistan to EVER have nukes with or without Chinese assistance. The indian military high command elite however knew Pakistan's REAL capabilities. It's this reality that stopped them attacking Pakistan after mumbai 2008.

The actions of India, USA and Pakistan in 1986 and 1990 speak for themselves. They assumed both sides had nukes

Who says anything is secret ? Scondly, With Your country's usual habit of poking their nose every now and then, it is good if anything is kept secret ( though I am not sure what is being kept as '' secret')
Lastly, Please keep your unwarranted reservations to yourself.

the financial terms are secret ...

Beijing: China is concerned over "increasing cost of security" and "potential setbacks" in the development of the $46 billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor, an official daily said on Tuesday recognising the risks involved with the project due to a "complex regional environment". concerned

An article in the Global Times said the ambitious project - that passes through the Azad Kashmir - is unlikely to have a "plain sailing". It also referred to the reported deployment of 14,503 security guards by Pakistan to protect the 7,036 Chinese nationals working on the corridor.

"China may not want to put too much focus on the region. At the very least, it would be unwise to put all its eggs in one basket," it said highlighting China's disquiet over the project which has also cast a shadow over India-China ties. Prime Minister Narendra Modi raised concerns over the project in his meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping on the sidelines of the G20 meet in Hangzhou on 4 September.

The article, however, made no reference to India regarding the project, which connects China's Xinjiang province to Pakistan's southwestern Gwadar Port in Balochistan with a maze of rail, road and pipelines.

"The CPEC has long been seen as symbolic to Sino-Pakistan economic cooperation. It is unlikely that China will change its supportive attitude on the CPEC in the short term, but the increasing cost of security is becoming a big problem in efficiently pushing forward the projects," the article said. The daily, which in the past has strongly supported the project, said in the article that it is "unlikely to be plain sailing for China and Pakistan in their attempts to push forward the CPEC due to challenges such as a complex regional environment, and people in the two countries should be prepared for potential setbacks".

The daily is part of the ruling Communist Party of China's official organ -the People's Daily publication group. It also raised questions over Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's comments last month that Pakistan attached priority to the project. Referring to Sharif's comments, it said "given the difficulty of protecting the personnel that are working in Pakistan, projects under the CPEC may need to be implemented and assessed step-by-step".

"Beijing should consider giving more attention to its economic cooperation" with Southeast Asian countries such as Vietnam, whose Prime Minster is currently visiting China, to improve ties despite differences over the South China Sea. China is reportedly concerned after Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Vietnam's capital Hanoi this month.

"The CPEC has long been seen as a flagship project in China's Belt and Road initiative, but the initiative's strategic focus may need to shift gradually toward Southeast Asia, where there is awide infrastructure funding gap but a relatively stable regional environment that will enable China to efficiently push forward ventures under the Belt and Road initiative," it said.

"Hopefully, the two countries (China and Vietnam) will be able to put aside disputes that have arose over the South China Sea and focus on promoting economic development," it said.

Link: http://m.firstpost.com/politics/bei...rity-of-cpec-chinese-state-media-3002644.html

=================================

This time concern is raised from Chinese side. No India, no RAW, no Modi in picture.

Stop putting fake news and opinion pieces from your looser media. Any yahoo who has a beef with pakistan and china can easily write load of crap to please the very obvious audience (Indians). Official position is very clear that CPEC will be completed at any cost while you people writhe in agony of your own disillusion.

According pakistan media ...

With all due respect to pakistanis, one of the few things that really irritates me and makes me go mad is how pakistanis speak that urdu with Punjabi accent..it is really a failure on part of pakistanis that even after 70 years of independence they made no efforts to change the way they speak urdu.
See that newsreader..is she reading Punjabi or urdu?or should give it a new name like Purdu?
Pakistanis might not find it annoying,irritating ,disgusting and painful but a neutral listener definitely does.For God's sake ,at least give training to at least newsreaders and hosts of shows how to get rid of their accent.
Once again I am sorry if my words hurt anyone but truth has to be told.

The Global Times is an infamous "tabloid" here. Do you know what a tabloid is? It's like the Fox News of Chinese media.

Which no doubt is why Indian media loves it, since apparently all of Indian media behaves like tabloids do.

The Chinese government makes their position on issues very clear by making official statements. Anyone who takes these opinion pieces as representative of the official Government position is completely uninformed, and frankly making a joke of themselves.

Is the news real or not ? Only that matters...

Of course Chinese Government will not make an official statement like this whilst the project is going on. If they do so doesn't that means the project is in jeopardy officially ?

FYI, this news emanated from a Chinese source.

To all misinformed twats,

This opinion piece was published by a Chinese news vendor and reported by a foreign news vendor. There is no Indian part here. Provide facts or evidences to prove this news as fake. Else march ahead.

More than 14 thousand Pakistani guards for 7 thousand Chinese citizens working on the projects :lol:. That means Pakistani army is funding security for Chinese citizen on Pakistan land. Where are the real beneficiary i.e. Pakistani Citizens, this project has only created jobs for Chinese citizens, have to appreciate CCP for their good work, well done China & CCP for worrying about the employment of your citizen.

we appreciate your feelings of dukh dard for Pakistani citizen

With all due respect to pakistanis, one of the few things that really irritates me and makes me go mad is how pakistanis speak that urdu with Punjabi accent..it is really a failure on part of pakistanis that even after 70 years of independence they made no efforts to change the way they speak urdu.
See that newsreader..is she reading Punjabi or urdu?or should give it a new name like Purdu?
Pakistanis might not find it annoying,irritating ,disgusting and painful but a neutral listener definitely does.For God's sake ,at least give training to at least newsreaders and hosts of shows how to get rid of their accent.
Once again I am sorry if my words hurt anyone but truth has to be told.

hye jara aur jayada dard ho rya hay tere ko, mere ko kya, na
love your pain for Uurduu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom