What's new

Beijing concerned over increasing cost of security of CPEC: Chinese state media

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Global Times is an infamous "tabloid" here. Do you know what a tabloid is? It's like the Fox News of Chinese media.

Which no doubt is why Indian media loves it, since apparently all of Indian media behaves like tabloids do.

The Chinese government makes their position on issues very clear by making official statements. Anyone who takes these opinion pieces as representative of the official Government position is completely uninformed.
I doubt you'll understand but free press is actually a good thing.

I doubt you'll understand but free press is actually a good thing.

Hmm I'm from Hong Kong which is ranked number 2 in Asia on the Freedom of Press rankings, whereas India doesn't even enter the top 100. :P

And yes I am well aware of how far media houses can go, in order to sell more newspapers. The Apple Daily is famous for this, but even they seem dignified compared to their Indian counterparts. Which is saying something.

Ignoring all the comments made by the Indians for a moment, can Pakistan members please tell what they think of the article? Does it carry any value at all?

You cannot question CPEC in Pakistan, if you ask for even a little detail about CPEC project you will be tagged as an anti-national. They can't even question their government regarding the number of employment generated by the project and the share given to the Pakistani citizen, most of the projects under CPEC are built in Punjab province and other provinces are fighting to get the better share.

There are only two beneficiary of the whole CPEC program, one is definitely China and another one is Nawaz bhai and his political party.

stop talking from ur rear, most work in being done by Pakistanis, Chinese just fill higher position bcoz they are owner of investment, 2nd their expertise in power sector,

FWO is main organization behind CPEC road network and we have special parliamentary committee on CPEC in both senate and parliament to discuss CPEC..

And all info is available online, just type name of project in google..

Ignoring all the comments made by the Indians for a moment, can Pakistan members please tell what they think of the article? Does it carry any value at all?

none, we will make sure security at any cost , we promissed Chinese that we will make a special force just to protect your investement and we delivered, thats why not a single Chinese have been killed in terror attack from start of CPEC till now despite all hard work by indian proxies..

The Global Times is an infamous "tabloid" here. Do you know what a tabloid is? It's like the Fox News of Chinese media.

Which no doubt is why Indian media loves it, since apparently all of Indian media behaves like tabloids do.
The Chinese government makes their position on issues very clear by making official statements. Anyone who takes these opinion pieces as representative of the official Government position is completely uninformed, and frankly making a joke of themselves.

Honestly Speaking Indians are a Tabloid crowd.

stop talking from ur rear, most work in being done by Pakistanis, Chinese just fill higher position bcoz they are owner of investment, 2nd their expertise in power sector,

FWO is main organization behind CPEC road network and we have special parliamentary committee on CPEC in both senate and parliament to discuss CPEC..

none, we will make sure security at any cost , we promissed Chinese that we will make a special force just to protect your investement and we delivered, thats why not a single Chinese have been killed in terror attack from start of CPEC till now despite all hard work by indian proxies..

You are wasting your time giving them information. Don't bother.

Let them delude themselves. Pakistan just need to complete CPEC on time which by all means we will.

Last edited:

Don't be a blind believer of your government, explore other sources/articles from within your country, I follow many articles and Pakistani news media(including pro-govt sources) and I know the level of secrecy maintained by the Chinese & your very own Government regarding involvement of Chinese companies. The figure quoted here was in 7+ thousands, it should raise question in your mind regarding the job prospect for Pakistani young citizens. Don't provide the leverage to China the same way you did with USA few decades back, the result can be catastrophic.

Personally I feel that nothing is wrong with raising right or even wrong questions by Chinese Media though as soon as I read It is Global Times well I for a second thought to move on and was thinking how Indians ignore to notice it is Global Times. But anyway I personally feel that the question or concern raised in this item lacks indepth details what kind of security risk? on other hand I feel that due to recent Indian noise over CPEC is the reason why such concern is shown though the article clearly says that the said newspaper earlier supported the project .

As far as cost is concern well Chinese are working hard and they did not abondan such projects in Pakistan due to cost

Ishaq Dar, Finance Minister of Pakistan, recently said that 1% of the project cost will be spent on CPEC security which he proposed be taken out from tariffs once the project becomes operational. Chinese are clever businessmen, they are pushing back on the "security costs". Essentially, Chinese and Pakistanis are price haggling. :enjoy:

Indian media is lost like a puppy, as usual. :yahoo:

Last edited:
Don't be a blind believer of your government, explore other sources/articles from within your country, I follow many articles and Pakistani news media(including pro-govt sources) and I know the level of secrecy maintained by the Chinese & your very own Government regarding involvement of Chinese companies. The figure quoted here was in 7+ thousands, it should raise question in your mind regarding the job prospect for Pakistani young citizens. Don't provide the leverage to China the same way you did with USA few decades back, the result can be catastrophic.

The Engineers are mostly Chinese with other large workforce from Pakistan.

The Global Times is an infamous "tabloid" here.
thrashing un official mouthpiece of chinese PLA by chinese TTA talks volumes about either your or your press credibility. less said the better :tup:
Honestly Speaking Indians are a Tabloid crowd.
we like conspiracies, it unravels layer by layer. Onions & conspiracies, what is the going rate for a kilo of saajish in pakistan :lol:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom