What's new

Beijing bound Air Malaysia flight loses contact

If debris is not found, we will assume aliens took away the plane. OK?

That bit doesn't require superpowers.:coffee:
I said multiply themselves immediately to send them to Syria as rebels. Saw that comment on PressTV. We are going way off topic. I'll stop from here.

It would make a cool Hollywood movie: one passenger is carrying a load of diamonds. The crooks hijack the plane to an atoll, escape in their getaway boat, and leave the remaining people on the tiny atoll (without cell/satellite phones or airplane power).

200+ Robinson Crusoes

@Viet @BoQ77 Now i read China media,it said the Vietnam government held a important press conference at today 5:00pm, ur government will release a important truth to all world media. If any news from Vietnam side, pls share with us. Thanks.
Vietnam halts the search as expected.

but something is weird, and it does not fit into the overall picture:
- Taiwan has asked Vietnam to grant them - 4 vessels and 1 plane - access to Vietnam waters and search for the missing plane. We have already granted access for two from China, two from Singapore, and one from Japan; and a cruiser of the US.
- Vietnam has agreed to help Malaysia in the search for the plane in Malaysia waters.

by the way, this morning a patrol plane of Vietnam discovered a yellow streak at 8.13N – 104.34E. This info has passed to local authority. pending on outcome.

6DrVIPuT.jpg

It would make a cool Hollywood movie: one passenger is carrying a load of diamonds. The crooks hijack the plane to an atoll, escape in their getaway boat, and leave the remaining people on the tiny atoll (without cell/satellite phones or airplane power).

I don't know how often the US military checks up on these abandoned WW2 airstrips throughout the Pacific. If the crooks were extra-ruthless, they might force the plane to park inside a hangar, so it couldn't even be seen by satellite.

If you replace the heist in your plot with a jailbreak, it quintessentially ends up as the script for "Con Air"!!! :P

Last edited:
Safe to say one cannot renovate an airfield long enough to land a Boeing 777 without it coming to the notice of Surveillance Satellites and a few operatives in the field.

The airstrip doesn't need to be tiptop; just good enough for one single emergency landing by a 777.

200+ Robinson Crusoes

Not even. These atolls are tiny - with barely enough room for the airstrip and nothing else. There would be no chance for survival.

If you replace the heist in your plot with a jailbreak, it quintessentially ends up as the script for "Con Air"!!! :P

Not really. The only similarity is that an airplane is hijacked. Everything else is different:

diamond heist, 200+ civilians, remote Pacific atoll, sophisticated crooks who know how to turn off communications and fly below radar, whole world looking in the wrong place, getaway boat, etc.

PS. I had forgotten about the transponder switch in ConAir. That's a similar concept, yes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom