What's new

Behind the dramatic rescue of American-Canadian couple from Haqqani captivity

Dude you are getting emotional here, as you can appreciate the idea of the posts here is to put our opinions across and discuss topic affecting our regions and particular both our countries. There will be of course differences of opinion but we should keep it respectful and agree to disagree on certain viewpoints.

/Peace
I did keep it respectful. Do u see any personal insults here against u?

I just wrote what u think about this but won't say urself. Any normal/reasonable Afghan who wants a solution for Afghanistan(peace and stability) would've welcomed this cooperation between US/Pak...and commended Pak's actions cracking down on terrorists/rescuing innocent ppl. But u r not like that...and so that's what I was telling other members here...there's no reason for them to waste their time using facts and reasoning since u r not open to it. U have a certain point of view when it comes to Pak that u r not willing to change.

that is the main reason that some maggots like Talis operate from Afghanistan to target Pakistan, but that is the issue of capability and not the will or policy.

That simply is not true:

1. Brahmandagh Bugti lived (according to his interview and other sources) under the protection of NDS with the full knowledge of the office of the presidency of Afghanistan -- as much is said Karzai addressed the issue in a meeting with American officials

2. Former senior officials, including the former heads of NDS, including Rahmatullah Nabil have made no secret of their support of Pakistani separatists (or terrorists depends how you wish to call them)

3. Former head of the NDS is on video (Gen Karimi) of saying that Afghanistan is upto the river of Sindh

4. Sen Coker, Gen McCrystal are on record saying the India uses Afghanistan for un-helpful activities directed towards Pakistan (code for terrorism etc.)

5. There is a history of Afghan support to Pakistani subversion since 1950s (or 1947, depends on how you count) -- so it's fertile ground -- there is a hostile narrative

But on the other hand you have Afghan Talis who live settled areas in Pak side.
Thus you have situation of capability vs policy.

1. Again the point that there is no Pakistani support does not have serious takers

2. Pakistani support re-started in 2006 -- precisely after Afghanistan hostile and Indian entrenchment

The bottom line is that Afghan and Pakistani elites are hostile to each other, they have been for 70 years and will continue to be.

Absent any addressing of that will ensure peace is only temporary, fragile at best.

Last edited:
posting this article goes against almost everything you said earlier.
lets take trip back to the memory lane, you said
1.The Pakistani's knew about the couple being in Pakistan.
2.the couple was in Pakistan for a long time and didn't came recently.
3.Pakistan took action just to save itself from the humiliation just as OBL

now lets see what this newyork times article says.
1.not true we found out through American intelligence.
2.not true as they moved to Pakistan about a week prior to the operation.
3.not true how could've we taken action without Americans giving the intelligence and requesting for operation.
p.s the navy seals were readied just in case Pakistan declined their request for this operation which Pakistan didn't.

Now this is better reply.

1. Haqqanis are nothing but a proxy of Pak, if Haqqanis were responsible for the abduction then of course Pak knew about it all along.
2. Where does it say in the NYT article that the moved to Pak a week prior?
3. NYT confirms that Team-6 was ready, this was explicitly conveyed to Pakistan and thus would have been another OBL episode.

1. Haqqanis are nothing but a proxy of Pak, if Haqqanis were responsible for the abduction then of course Pak knew about it all along.

This is very dishonest -- so the Pakistanis could not use the Haqqanis to rescue the son of the PM ?

Haqqanis are actors -- they collaborate with Pakistan where their interests converge.

Actually that is what the world including Afghanistan lecture Pakistan on -- that these people are not under your control

For all those making scene of the source Fox News, here is NYT confirming to what I was alluding to.

Is NYT good enough source, or we need to wait for Geo News confirm this :)

------------------

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/17/world/asia/hostage-rescue-pakistan-navy-seals.html

@H!TchHiker @Dark-Destroyer @Spring Onion @The Sandman @xyxmt @Thorough Pro @Cringe @Cookie Monster @Iqbal Ali
lolzz nyt tried to twist it after a day of the rescue. btw they say geo and nyt both are two sides of a same coin

This is very dishonest -- so the Pakistanis could not use the Haqqanis to rescue the son of the PM ?

Haqqanis are actors -- they collaborate with Pakistan where their interests converge.

Actually that is what the world including Afghanistan lecture Pakistan on -- that these people are not under your control

Of course by all means use them, will you have been using them from day one. The issue is that the Afghan state and the US considers them the enemy. So if the US holds you accountable and threaten action inside of Pakistan, then Pakistan should not be complaining about it, just some side effects you know.
Of course Afghanistan is not strong enough to hold Pakistan responsible and only resorts to shouting in the media but the US is different story, they go on and fly drones withy immunity and strike whatever targets they want.

lolzz nyt tried to twist it after a day of the rescue. btw they say geo and nyt both are two sides of a same coin

Now NYT has twisted it also ;) I probably should quote Russia Today next time :)

/Peace

3. NYT confirms that Team-6 was ready, this was explicitly conveyed to Pakistan and thus would have been another OBL episode.
1. the fact they were roaming freely inside Afghanistan for five years and got caught right after they came to Pakistan is enough to establish if they are a proxy or not.
2. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/12/...d-family-held-for-5-years-in-afghanistan.html
this is also a newyork times article and this is an excerpt from it,
"An American woman and her Canadian husband who were held hostage by militants in Afghanistan for five years"
and in the second paragraph,
"American intelligence agencies were tracking the hostages as they crossed into the rugged tribal areas of northwest Pakistan"
and according to the article they moved about a month ago my bad.
3.nothing different than requesting the media trying to twist words just for some trp. couldn't find another source saying Pakistan was pressured, heck pressuring us would've worked negatively we'd never cow down to Americans and never have.

so true read their first article about the rescue totally different.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/12/...d-family-held-for-5-years-in-afghanistan.html

Don't know why you don't want to accept something good from Pakistan anyway people can try nitpicking but the fact is it's Pakistani commandos :pakistan:who rescued them and that's what the whole world knows it's them whom Joshua boyle is thanking :) if some people have problems digesting this fact well we can't do much as they say haters gonna hate! :)

Oh and btw because of this the Americans returned the favor and APS Mastermind was killed in "Afghanistan" things are working out with US it seems :)

@Spring Onion @django @Hell hound

Those in denial will stay in denial mode no matter how many facts and arguments you present.
The Afghans have had a miserable day, first the US recognizes our quick and decisive reaction to the mission in hand that would have been extremely challenging even any of the JSOC teams , secondly the US as quid pro has taken out one of NDS primary assets ,hehehe no wonder @A-Team has had a bad day.Kudos bro

For all those making scene of the source Fox News, here is NYT confirming to what I was alluding to.

------------------

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/17/world/asia/hostage-rescue-pakistan-navy-seals.html

@H!TchHiker @Dark-Destroyer @Spring Onion @The Sandman @xyxmt @Thorough Pro @Cringe @Cookie Monster @Iqbal Ali
No problem..PR is done...Trump appreciated it.Goodwill has been created.In all world the breaking news were initially aired..and need not to mention the headline of breaking news..
As mention by other poster it is not about ability vs policy...Its policy vs policy from day one...The only thing is when you hit somebody the measurement and gravity in the response of opponent party is not guaranteed

------------------

Navy seals were ready to rescue the couple and their children but operation was called off due to "some concerns" and later they learned the hostages were being moved to Pakistan.
thats the real truth...who wouldn't believe it now.

for 5 years those "some Concerns" remained in place, only when they moved to Pakistan those concerns were no more valid because this is why they were captured in the first place.

Afghanis are their own worst enemy, they dont know who is eating them

Hmm.

There are no fees involved, I hope?

I am heart broken ......... never knew I will be thought of a baniya one day. :p:

Dear sir .......... for you its all free no costs involved. Had it been some young sanghi the tone and advice may have been worded very differently. (By the way I don't engage with sanghis these days :(, I had this intuition that soon their species name will be included in list of one of the reasons for high blood pressure).

Yada yada yada yada............ dude the fish your are trying to sell here, stinks. Indians might not notice that as they themselves stink more than the rotten fish, but Pakistani's are different, you must have found that out in your 36 years free stay in Pakistan.

@I.R.A this dude is still going strong

Wait till the ones running drug business in Afghanistan realise "Oh shit its hurting our youth too" .... till then nothing coming from Kabul will be (or has been) hashish free.

They can keep wasting their energy on making it look like a goodwill nightmare for Pakistan, but the fact is nearly 70 years of relations won't just go away with a new president. Going forward, I hope appropriate attention and importance is paid to why Pakistan is necessary and its concerns are genuine ...... and why Kabuli war lords are the root cause of all this mess.

Back
Top Bottom