What's new

Beauty of India and its People

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you please tell me something about Tiger dance ....(man painted as tiger dances) as far as i know its from South India
Tiger Dance

Pulikali is a popular folk art performed during the Onam season in thrissur town . In Pulikali a group of performers paint their whole body in the likeness of tigers and wear tiger mask .They dance and move like tigers. The tigers are accompanied by a hunter and a drummer. The theme of the play is tiger hunting also called “kaduvakali” or “Tiger Dance “ .
7b49caa52b449afe26f604dad175ff43.jpg

025a1780f557a075d3095f1c1aebe8db.jpg

What are your true intentions of posting this?

As I told you before I am not religious and I don't take cheap shots at other people religions.

My true intentions of posting this? According to National Geographic :-

"For an animal that is commonly associated with pestilence and disease, this may seem strange. But during the century of this temple's existence, there has never been an outbreak of plague or other ratborne illness among the humans who have visited—which may be a miracle in itself.

As I told you before I am not religious and I don't take cheap shots at other people religions.

My true intentions of posting this? According to National Geographic :-

"For an animal that is commonly associated with pestilence and disease, this may seem strange. But during the century of this temple's existence, there has never been an outbreak of plague or other ratborne illness among the humans who have visited—which may be a miracle in itself.

There are 638,365 different villages in INDIA.The size of these villages varies considerably. 236,004 Indian villages have a population less than 500, while 3,976 villages have a population of 10,000+. Most villages have their own temple, mosque or church depending on the local religious following.

different people different cultures. some are even stranger than u have seen..thats why the world calls it Incredible India

different people different cultures. some are even stranger than u have seen..thats why the world calls it Incredible India

I know ;) I took three classes in Art for my own interest.. Art of Egypt, Art of India and Art of Asia in general...

All of them were very very interesting classes... and for our assignments we had to visit Minneapolis Institute of Arts.. for Art of India... i choose my own topic of Paintings made during the reign of Akbar and comparing them with the paintings made during the reign of Jehangir.. and try giving specific reasons why they were different during each period... ;) The paintings made during Jehangir reign are mostly calm, tranquil about birds, animals etc etc and the paintings made during Akbar reign were mostly about war, fights etc...

http://img684.imageshack.us/i/mughal1.jpg/

http://img695.imageshack.us/i/mughal2.jpg/

Coming back to Bollywood ;)... Here is one of my favorite classical dances... film is Pardesi (1957) and dancer is Padmini.. singer is Lata and composer is Anil Biswas... I hope thebrownguy and prithwi will like my choice ;):):D

This film was the first ever Russia-India co-production

Last edited by a moderator:
@Tu Tu
Amaa Khaa....Sachchi baat keh ria hun...dil khush kar diya aapne.
Bieng someone from bhopal i feel that when it comes to boast about indian culture and diversity people rarely care about madhya pradesh much less chattisgarh.
you have done a commendable job bringing forth central india's architecture, culture, cuisine, history and relevance.
applause to you!!!

@Tu tu
Amaa Khaa....Sachchi baat keh ria hun...dil khush kar diya aapne.
Bieng someone from bhopal i feel that when it comes to boast about indian culture and diversity people rarely care about madhya pradesh much less chattisgarh.
you have done a commendable job bringing forth central india's architecture, culture, cuisine, history and relevance.
applause to you!!!

Its beautiful really. The link did no work, so i just searched it on Youtube
Check out this place. Its Haji Ali Dargah, built in middle of the sea, it goes partially under water during high tides.
One of most famous attractions in Mumbai, I love this place. It has a pure feel about it and is visited by people of all faiths.

i found one the songs where they show this shrine

@Tu Tu
Madhya Pradesh is gaining the reputation for its many educational institutions that are attracting students from all over the country. not to mention that the only place that has both IIM (Indian Istitute of Management) IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) in the same city is Indore.
So, I request you if you could post some pictures of such institutions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom