What's new

Beautifull and most sacred Chruches in india

Religion should never be allowed to get into your head people. Enjoy the diversity, be proud that our country is truly unique in this aspect.
Religion in all civilizations had great influence on their sculptures,seals,paintings and designing of their religious places of worship,buildings etc

if you have ever noticed that the frescos and stained glass in chruches of old times were heavily decorated and painted with stories from Bible and the wars they faught in those times....

Unfortunately, every time I tried to go to church I had to run away. Does not mean that I did not have any good Christian neighbors or we had any bad relations. The pentacostals and the gospel missions are just sticking to the fundamentals of the religion as in purists, whereas the Catholics are sort of more like Hindus.

He was a Kushan with the monks who are supposed to wear loose robes? You do understand the difference between common man and monks, right?

All of those people wearing that clothing are considered Kushan types. That guy is classified as a Kushan devotee.

Yes, you will see Kushan types with monks or praising Buddha from time to time in Gandhara art.

baaye muchkondu hogamma..

Neeve higge hellutidira hego nimma manne mundde bandu nannu badakoltidene.

All of those people wearing that clothing are considered Kushan types. That guy is classified as a Kushan devotee.

Yes, you will see Kushan types with monks or praising Buddha from time to time in Gandhara art.

They were buddhists and Indians.

Not the Kushan, he's not a part of Indian civilization.
He is very much though. If that is the case then Parsis who came to India and retained their religion should be considered un-Indian. Which is patently absurd.

Even the Muslims wearing yarmulke and burkhas must be considered un-Indian.

You don't need nikkar's brother. Just give some placebos or some medicines to some tribals and claim the miracle of Jesus has healed you. Also carry around Mother Mary with Baby Ganesh to show how Mary and Jesus were Indian.
Look man, I don't want to drag this on. I'm not affiliated to the Pentecostals. NONE of the established ancient churches in India (Indian origin churches) are interested in mass conversions or anything remotely related.

So i'm really not going to try and create bad blood between us by browbeating you into submission. All i have to say here is: Live and let live. If not, I'm not sure how India as a nation will continue to pull together being as diverse as it is.

He is very much though. If that is the case then Parsis who came to India and retained their religion should be considered un-Indian. Which is patently absurd.

Then I guess every Greek, Iranian, etc. who were Buddhist in Afghanistan are Indians as well.

parsi_020204.jpg

Parsi-2.jpg

Parsis though they practice Zoroastrian, they are very much Indian in their swagger.

Kushans spoke an Iranian language, worshiped mostly Iranian and Greek gods, and dress very differently than Indians.

It's like two different peoples.

Do you even ask why Indian women even wear something like a Saree in Indian climate?
It's not an indigenous concept either. It's other peoples morality influencing India, Abrahamic ones the biggest push.
Indians were all bear chested at one point, buddy. Look at the paintings and relief images from then. That was their style.

Yeah because saree is comforting and graceful, also very airy considering traditionally only cotton sarees were worn. So now that you wear pant and shirt, you are an Westerner?

Yeah because saree is comforting and graceful, also very airy considering traditionally only cotton sarees were worn. So now that you wear pant and shirt, you are an Westerner?

Yes, pants and shirt is western influence. Globalization is western culture seeping into every nation on this planet.

Then I guess every Greek, Iranian, etc. who were Buddhist in Afghanistan are Indians as well.

parsi_020204.jpg

Parsi-2.jpg

Parsis though they practice Zoroastrian, they are very much Indian in their swagger.

Kushans spoke an Iranian language, worshiped mostly Iranian and Greek gods, and dress very differently than Indians.

It's like two different peoples.

Please they adopted buddhism and were worshipping Hindu gods too.

Yes, pants and shirt is western influence. Globalization is western culture seeping into every nation on this planet.

Does that make you a Westerner though? So Kushans wore stitched clothes in India but adopted Indian religion and languages and gods and lived here and still they are not Indian?

While Afghanistan was once upon a time a part of cultural India, we are not talking about Afghanistan today. We are talking about kingdoms owing allegiance to Indian culture, religion, and people on what constitutes Indian land today.

Please they adopted buddhism and were worshipping Hindu gods too.

Does that make you a Westerner though? So Kushans wore stitched clothes in India but adopted Indian religion and languages and gods and lived here and still they are not Indian?

Kushans also worshipped Greek and Iranian gods too? And? Indian influence is minimal compared to the other two.

Seriously where do you think these people belong, which civilization? Whos their cousins?

Kanishka-G33-204.1.jpg

Kushan

sassanian.jpg

ardeshir.jpg

Iranian

4WYeuD9.jpg

7npWFBg.jpg

Indian

This isnt even a debate to people that know history.

OP started the thread to highlight the diversity of India but as always the thread got hijacked....:hitwall:

They never assimilated in their rule, they died Kushan. Only until someone else took them over and they became a part of local population did they assimilate.

Yeah they adopt the religion and the gods and the culture and they are not assimilated.

Look man, I don't want to drag this on. I'm not affiliated to the Pentecostals. NONE of the established ancient churches in India (Indian origin churches) are interested in mass conversions or anything remotely related.

So i'm really not going to try and create bad blood between us by browbeating you into submission. All i have to say here is: Live and let live. If not, I'm not sure how India as a nation will continue to pull together being as diverse as it is.

Respect is a two-way street no? Playing hoaxes and claiming Brahmins murdered St. Thomas, that is the kind of stuff which is guaranteed to create bad blood, nah?

Yeah they adopt the religion and the gods and the culture and they are not assimilated.

Why do I keep repeating myself. They also took in Iranian gods and Greek ones. They wrote in Greek script and spoke an Iranian language. They're also based out of Afghanistan. Far from Indian. Greeks and most definitely Iranians have a claim on them than Indian.

Kushans also worshipped Greek and Iranian gods too? And? Indian influence is minimal compared to the other two.

Seriously where do you think these people belong, which civilization? Whos their cousins?

Kanishka-G33-204.1.jpg

Kushan

sassanian.jpg

ardeshir.jpg

Iranian

4WYeuD9.jpg

7npWFBg.jpg

Indian

This isnt even a debate to people that know history.

Actually that is very indicative of an Indian trait. Assimilative nature of Dharmic faiths.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom