What's new

Beautifull and most sacred Chruches in india

That's a load of BS.

But Kerala has a track record of near eastern peoples coming into it.

Point is, who passed down the Orthodox style of Christianity? It sure as hell wasn't colonial Europeans. Especially when they persecuted Nasranis like they were non Christians.

You'll never see Native Americans, Africans, etc. Christians in this style.

Church_of_India_-_All_Bishops.jpg

apNERL03_DIDYMOS_I_VI_00H6O.jpg

And if it wasnt Russia, who was the only influential Orthodox country since ERM, who could it be?
Supposedly they came to Kerala via the silk route from north since Kerala was spice trading nation in those times,But the first ones to reach Kerala were exclusively Arabs for trade.They used to bring Cowries picked up from the islands

Daphne DuMaurier? :unsure: Haven't read any of her works. I take it she sucks at writing, given that you're comparing me to her.:laugh:

Many have scored a triple hundred, but not 3. In fact, the likes of Rahul Dravid haven't managed even a single triple in their entire career. The injustice of it all!:frown: The relationship that we fans share with players like Ishant Sharma, Ravindra Jadeja and Rohit Sharma is one of hype, hope, disbelief, discord, dissidence, diffidence and dissonance. Kinda like an arranged marriage.:sarcastic:

Oh man. Daphne Du Maurier was amongst the best of the best. Her books constantly being made into movies. Like those old MGM movies and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's books.

I feel for you Indi. I quit watching cricket precisely for those reasons. Though you seem made of sterner stuff than me and will stick to it to the end.

its 4:30 in the morng,,,,i gotta sleep,,,,,see ya all:wave:

GN or GM, which ever you prefer. Bye.

@Indischer see this movie. It has it all, church bells, beautiful mansion, countryside, and troubled hero. Made from a very famous book Rebecca.

Last edited:
Oh man. Daphne Du Maurier was amongst the best of the best. Her books constantly being made into movies. Like those old MGM movies and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's books.

I feel for you Indi. I quit watching cricket precisely for those reasons. Though you seem made of sterner stuff than me and will stick to it to the end.

Oh...need to check her works then.
And yeah, true Cricket fans stick by their team through thick and thin.:bunny:

Supposedly they came to Kerala via the silk route from north since Kerala was spice trading nation in those times,But the first ones to reach Kerala were exclusively Arabs for trade.They used to bring Cowries picked up from the islands

Maybe, idk

@Indrani Cool. Will watch it tomorrow. I guess it's time for some sleep. Good Night and Bye for now.:wave:

Cowries
Cowry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Shell money - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The main trade of Arabs was Cowries picked up from the Islands in indian ocean etc.
They didn't have anything of value to trade with India which had everything.
The hindi term."Main tujhe ek phooti cowrie bhi nahin doonga" arises from that.trade of cowries.
The broken cowries were not of value.

There was a boat building industry of sorts too. And trade in wood.

There was a boat building industry of sorts too. And trade in wood.
Not as much compared to the Indian Kingdoms, Only ones to cross the seas were the Tamil kings to East.The biggest Armada was with the Tamil Kingdom in those times which could rival the Eunuch Admiral of The chinese"Golden Fleet"
Seriously what boat building Industry?The Arabs indulged in slave trade from africas.All the valuable and precious things were in India.
Rest used to consider crossing seas as "Dharma Sanakat" as they would bring in alien values back which could prove destructive.
When portugese came to India and asked for trade King Zamorin asked what they could offer?the portugese didn't have anything of value to offer, so the king pointed out their bright Royal court uniforms .
Well anyway the portugese felt insulted they bombarded the city next time.

Canda exported ice to INDIA in huge quantity, since they didn't have anything of value to trade. with Kerala.

Seriously what boat building Industry?The Arabs indulged in slave trade from africas.All the valuable and precious things were in India.

Dhow building, this was before the slave trade. When Arabs weren't the big shots.

In terms of natural resources, India had good timber, spices, cotton, etc. But many didnt have expertise in making gold coins, etc.

Reason by Kerala kings took tons of Roman manufactured coins for natural resources.

roman-gold-coins.jpg

37593p00.jpg

Rest used to consider crossing seas as "Dharma Sanakat" as they would bring in alien values back which could prove destructive.

Funny, sense there are many Greek, Persian styles in ancient India.

Canda exported ice to INDIA in huge quantity, since they didn't have anything of value to trade. with Kerala.

Canda?

Were not the Arabs bringing in gold from Mali back then? That is how I heard Kerala amassed so much gold.

Dhow building, this was before the slave trade. When Arabs weren't the big shots.

In terms of natural resources, India had good timber, spices, cotton, etc. But many didnt have expertise in making gold coins, etc.

Reason by Kerala kings took tons of Roman manufactured coins for natural resources.

roman-gold-coins.jpg

37593p00.jpg

Funny, sense there are many Greek, Persian styles in ancient India.

India did not have gold and had to get it via trade. None of the other metals or natural resources were lacking in India.

Last edited:
India did not have gold and had to get it via trade. None of the other metals or natural resources were lacking in India.

Yes, but in terms of coin making, etc. India was primitive compared to the Romans. Romans, Greeks, etc. were working with marble, stone, bronze, etc, etc. in much more sophisticated ways than India and in larger quantities.

To the point you find more Roman coin in Kerala, than Kerala coins themselves.

It's funny, South Indian economy collapsed for a bit because of the troubles in Rome. That's how powerful they are. Had to find other partners in the form of S.E. Asia. This time it was Indian influence on them, and their natural resources coming back to India.

Yes, but in terms of coin making, etc. India was primitive compared to the Romans. Romans, Greeks, etc. were working with marble, stone, bronze, etc, etc. in much more sophisticated ways than India and in larger quantities.

To the point you find more Roman coin in Kerala, than Kerala coins themselves.

Excuse me, there is no finer work in stone anywhere in the world but from Ancient India. Likewise for bronze. India had no use of these from anywhere. The only interest it had was gold.

Back
Top Bottom