What's new

B'desh Seeks Enhanced Defence Cooperation With India

You think India is dragging Sri Lanka to the UN? :no: Its the US and other western powers, who don't like the idea of a major Chinese presence in the IOR . India is just tagging along to appease its own Tamil population.

Bangladesh is a whole different issue. There is no voting for Bangladesh in the UN where Chinese veto will help them. Its just a matter of bilateral trade. One directive is all that will be needed and all these importers of Bangladeshi RMG will dump you guys and move on to maybe Vietnam. That ll teach Bangladesh a lesson and will improve their image and relationship with Vietnam.

US and EU wouldnt do that just for India. Besides, our main export is our garments inddustry. Sooner than later we will be exporting to China, possibly within a year.

US and EU wouldnt do that just for India. Besides, our main export is our garments inddustry. Sooner than later we will be exporting to China, possibly within a year.

Thats the thing they won't be doing it for India, they ll be doing it for themselves, cause they need India. Lets see how much China is willing to import from Bangladesh.

Every single defence cooperation can be possible with India other than major military procurements and some sensitive strategic issues,its an open secret of our military doctrine.And yes there should be enhanced cooperation within south asian countries or i am dreaming:frown:

Welcome bro to the forum. You are absolutely right.

Thats the thing they won't be doing it for India, they ll be doing it for themselves, cause they need India. Lets see how much China is willing to import from Bangladesh.

we dont export much 2 india

but we import much more from india

China Sri Lanka relations will be strong always :yahoo:

China - Sri Lanka's biggest donor in 2011

China has secured the status of a 'dedicated ally' of Sri Lanka providing US$1 billion assistance in 2011, overtaking Japan as the country's top donor, Finance Ministry sources said.

The US and UK have provided $7.4 million and 1.25 million sterling pounds, respectively.

China, Sri Lanka's biggest donor in 2011

...assistance? Is that loan or aid? If it's loan, you have to give it+more back. :P

I just dont get it....
Why most of the Bangladeshi PDFian see India as a Hostile country????:undecided:
But in reality things are very different...
Defense co operation with India is not but a gain for Bangladesh....
When Bangladesh is surrounded by India on its three sides with Burma another neighbor...
Its always best for Bangladesh to have a friend rather than having a hostile nation...
Of course there is a border problem...im sure it can be sorted out in time...
I would say take ur relation with India to the highest level...
Then start enjoying all the benefits which would indeed help Bangladesh to sustained economic growth...
Having common cultural and democratic set up it would be easy to have a balanced relation with India...
China is an export driven economy...The consumer demand in china is balanced by its domestic production...
So the scope is partnership with china can only limit to strategic and defense Co operation...
But with India it could be ranging a whole lot area...
Just give it a thought....Try to learn from the history..no need to go back centuries...
Together we can prosper and be good friends....:cheers:

I just dont get it....
Why most of the Bangladeshi PDFian see India as a Hostile country????:undecided:
But in reality things are very different...
Defense co operation with India is not but a gain for Bangladesh....
When Bangladesh is surrounded by India on its three sides with Burma another neighbor...
Its always best for Bangladesh to have a friend rather than having a hostile nation...
Of course there is a border problem...im sure it can be sorted out in time...
I would say take ur relation with India to the highest level...
Then start enjoying all the benefits which would indeed help Bangladesh to sustained economic growth...
Having common cultural and democratic set up it would be easy to have a balanced relation with India...
China is an export driven economy...The consumer demand in china is balanced by its domestic production...
So the scope is partnership with china can only limit to strategic and defense Co operation...
But with India it could be ranging a whole lot area...
Just give it a thought....Try to learn from the history..no need to go back centuries...
Together we can prosper and be good friends....:cheers:

Its not just pdf, go to dhaka and you will know. You can feel the animosity even in the game vs india. Right now there is a strong anti india sentiment in Bangladesh due to the transit, the dam and the most even belief that the pilkhana mutiny was done by India. If you don't believe me just add a bdnews24.com in your facebook as likes and you can read the comments of the general public and bdnews24 is pro awami league.

Its not just pdf, go to dhaka and you will know. You can feel the animosity even in the game vs india. Right now there is a strong anti india sentiment in Bangladesh due to the transit, the dam and the most even belief that the pilkhana mutiny was done by India. If you don't believe me just add a bdnews24.com in your facebook as likes and you can read the comments of the general public and bdnews24 is pro awami league.

Well I have many Bangladeshi friends here in New Zealand....Who came here to higher education and all...
They dont share ur view..They dont have the anti india view...
May be the general public over there share ur view...
If that is the case...:hitwall:...its a baad baad thing...
Ur growth will be stuck and development process will hinder down...
Now if u wanna argue with me like we will get assistance from China and all...
Then go ahead..i have no problem with that....
China will assist u....by providing loans, exporting goods and there by gaining a deficit hugely in chinas favor..
Its all upto u...u have the cards..
My advice... Play ur cards wisely...:tup:

Well I have many Bangladeshi friends here in New Zealand....Who came here to higher education and all...
China will assist u....by providing loans, exporting goods and there by gaining a deficit hugely in chinas favor..

we have a huge deficit with india as well. I have yet to meet a pro indian person in dhaka, even awami leaguers dont like india lol. Its just our prime minister who has the hots for India and she has strategically placed her closest folks in the office. I'll start with sahara khatun, this lady was my blood uncle's closest rival in politics; now he joined awami league, she has no brain of her own, she thinks with awami league, if tomorrow awami league says that we are nazi bangladesh, she will carry on with it and defend nazi Bangladesh. Only thing going for her is her huge loyalty for Hasina, I see this lady atleast 4 times every summer, i even talked with her, she has no knowledge outside awami league's policy and everything outside awami league is evil and she is our home minister. I can't talk about dipu moni because i have never met her personally. BNP folks in bangladesh you can argue with, but awami league folks are the most closed mentality old school folks I have ever met, you can't reason with them; all communist at heart.

I am not going to defend BNP either, its same with all the corruption. But I support BNP for they are less of a pro India. I look at it like this, if we screw ourselves up, we will do it ourselves but wouldnt let India run things in my country. We are a sovereign nation and we don't like foreigners intervening. If we would want to be a nation of fundamentalists, we will be and its none of India's business.

Well its true that the anti-India sentiment runs very high even among the non-bigoted populace, and it's not because people are stupid or something. There are some very valid reasons. ;) But yes it's in BD's interest to keep India pacified.

Listen, we are not against India. We would like nothing more to be warm and cozy with our Indian brothers. You Indians should judge it yourself by putting yourself in our shoes. We gave away the transit with almost nothing, not a fair water share and what if your prime minister always sang the song of your closest neighbor even though you could see that the deals he made were ostly in favor of that neighbor. What if your PM got his intelligence report from your closest neighbor? you'd be against that neighbor too, if you werent then you are a fanboy like a lot of old school hardliner awami leaguers.

Defence coperation with India why not, defence coperation with china..why?? any BD here..

Back
Top Bottom