What's new

BD-Burma Relations

Did you seriously look at the figures brother?

Burmese air force have all the fighters in their inventory that we have.Including Mig-29s.

Burmese army size is way more than Bangladesh army.Almost 300000 more.

Only in naval power we have a slight advantage with the Korean built Frigate and recent upgrades.

We also have another edge at better training.But look at Burmese defence expenditure.Its more than 5 billion and whereas we spend just around 1 billion.

Moreover,as I am mentioning over and over again,the Burmese are rapidly improving the infrastructure and deploying their troops on the bordering state.They are even planning for an air base.

Meanwhile what we are doing on that front?

Nothing.

That is why we need to wake up and also watch out for the enemy that is beside us.

Pakistan has its share of trouble with taliban and India and will not come to help.More precisely can not afford to help.And that is acceptable.We don't even share borders.
Besides Pakistan has good relations with Burma and sells ammunition to them.Pakistan also provides training to the Burmese officers.
Sorry i did not look at BD numbers.I just assumed you had a bigger air force but looked at number and it's too low.What the hell are your politicans doing?Increase the damn defence budget..your budget is too low.I am sure BD Pilots have better training then Mynamar Pilots but brother we don't really know how well their planes are maintained and if all are operation.BD should buy more fighters and for long term defence and to counter India threat develop Nuclear Weapons that will keep both India as well as any other country in your region at bay!

Sorry i did not look at BD numbers.I just assumed you had a bigger air force but looked at number and it's too low.What the hell are your politicans doing?Increase the damn defence budget..your budget is too low.I am sure BD Pilots have better training then Mynamar Pilots but brother we don't really know how well their planes are maintained and if all are operation.BD should buy more fighters and for long term defence and to counter India threat develop Nuclear Weapons that will keep both India as well as any other country in your region at bay!

Exactly!our politicians are sleeping.

We spend around 1Billion dollars on defence.Compare it to Burma's 7 Billion and I don't want to be ashamed by even comparing it with India's defence Budget.:tsk:

As far as training and maintenance is concerned,we have an edge over Burmese.They don't have good maintenance records.But they have the strength at numbers.They have almost everything that we have in our inventory and in greater number than us.Above all,Burmese are battle tested in their counter-insurgency operations,whereas BD military is mainly busy with humanitarian missions.

As for example,we were happy at the induction of C-802 missiles to BN.But many of us don't know that Myanmar also inducted a different variant of C-802 to their arsenal.

As for nuclear bomb,we are just in the process of building Nuclear reactor for electricity.Moreover,we have signed NPT.I don't think we can withstand an embargo.

maybe we need to be attacked.A real one.One that will force us to think of our national security the securing of the borders and such.

No, your politicians are not sleeping, they are traitors. They are good for creating differences among people, make them fight with each other, follow the Indian instructions and always make you think about how to fight with Pakistan (which is not your enemy).

We too have similar politicians here, may Allah help us.

maybe we need to be attacked.A real one.One that will force us to think of our national security the securing of the borders and such.

War is no joke, mate. You need money and will for that. What you need is a strategic partnership/alliance with either of India/China (ruling out Pakistan as its heavily engaged on its own ground). With this artificial protection, Divert your money for developmental growth. Dont make same mistake as Ind/Pak did. Grow in stature first, with growth in your GDP, you will be able to allot money to defense.

We spend around 1Billion dollars on defence.Compare it to Burma's 7 Billion and I don't want to be ashamed by even comparing it with India's defence Budget.:tsk:
Ashamed!! of what, may i ask? That you dont have enough killing machines? or that you have relative peace in your country? Do you even realize what it means to buy more military equipment? It means a drain in your foreign exchange. Less money for infrastructure.

I would be proud if i were you. Your country is not emulating its neighbor in terms of defense spending. BD has been increasing educational spending over time, whereas defense budget has shown decline from 07-08 (in late 90 its was somewhere around 10% of spending to current figure of 7%). Defense in GDP is 1.1% for you guys. Whereas Education is at 2.3% and agri is 2.8%.

Do you know what that means? That means more money for development work. That means one more kid on your street got a chance to get schooling. That means you will have less poor's than India or Pakistan.

You wanna be ashamed now ?

Last edited:
War is no joke, mate. You need money and will for that. What you need is a strategic partnership/alliance with either of India/China (ruling out Pakistan as its heavily engaged on its own ground).

It would be best to include all three,Pakistan maybe involved in a war but a military alliance with it I guess will help a lot.It has quite a powerful military even if its economy comes nowhere close to India's or China's.

Do you even realize what it means to buy more military equipment? It means a drain in your foreign exchange. Less money for infrastructure.
I am actually proud of that but we got politicians gobbling up a lot of those foreign exchange.Plus we Do need to keep up with the times.No matter how many upgrades have been made we are behind way behind when it comes to the military and security forces.

coz' we got women for the positions of the PM,the foreign minister and the home minister.They are the most inadept for their posts.

Remember Golda Mier, Margret Thactcher & Indira Gandhi ?

@ Patriot :After looking at Mynamar Air Force and Army..it looks like a run over.Why is BD Millitary so afraid of it?Pakistan can probably crush it in few days and gain air supeirioty over Mynamar in a day or so.

Where does Pk figure in this ?

india is the real danger, not Myanmar. Myanmar knows its limitation but Indians made threat to attack Bangladesh even just few months ago. Not only that Indians moved their special forces and airforce resources close to Bangladesh border to carry out that threat.

Since then Indians sent it naval ship inside Bangladesh territory and Awami stooge govt did not even lodge any protest, let alone contesting it in the sea.

But some awami fanboy fresh out of Australian juvie yupping indo -awami stooge line only to deceive people.

Last edited:
india is the real danger, not Myanmar. Myanmar knows its limitation but Indians made threat to attack Bangladesh even just few months ago. Not only that Indians moved their special forces and airforce resources close to Bangladesh border to carry out that threat.

Since then Indians sent it naval ship inside Bangladesh territory and Awami stooge govt did not even lodge any protest, let alone contesting it in the sea.

This is a post which clearly indicates that this person did not even go through the whole thread.

India recently reinforced its eastern flank,we all know that and it has been discussed before.Its air strength on eastern side has been increased significantly recently.
But Myanmar reinforcing its border with Bangladesh,has not been discussed before and so needs to be discussed.

Now I am not going to "spoon feed" you.The details of recent mobilisation of Burmese troops are there in the first pages of the thread.Go and read it,instead of blabbering here.

But some awami fanboy fresh out of Australian juvie yupping indo -awami stooge line only to deceive people.

Wow!I am impressed!Your vocabulary is improving.:tup:
BTW where did Australia come from,sorry I don't understand your "High-level" English.

Why do you think everyone like yourself?We are not accustomed to doing politics in our student life,which people like you perfected.You got enrolled in Universities only to do politics but we don't follow that trend.
I think you are jealous of our good fortune,that is why you keep terming me "awami-Indo Stooge/fanboy":lol:

A big time LOSER:rofl:

Last edited:
Ashamed!! of what, may i ask? That you dont have enough killing machines? or that you have relative peace in your country? Do you even realize what it means to buy more military equipment? It means a drain in your foreign exchange. Less money for infrastructure.

I would be proud if i were you. Your country is not emulating its neighbor in terms of defense spending. BD has been increasing educational spending over time, whereas defense budget has shown decline from 07-08 (in late 90 its was somewhere around 10% of spending to current figure of 7%). Defense in GDP is 1.1% for you guys. Whereas Education is at 2.3% and agri is 2.8%.

Do you know what that means? That means more money for development work. That means one more kid on your street got a chance to get schooling. That means you will have less poor's than India or Pakistan.

You wanna be ashamed now ?

Compare 30 billion with 1 billion and then say how does it feel.

Since you are not happy with your defence budget what steps did you take to prevent your Govt. from spending so much?

I will give the answer,NOTHING.

The figure you gave sounds very good,but did you include how much of those money for education,agriculture,energy will actually be implemented and how much will go into the pockets of ministers?I will give you the facts.
30%-ministers
20%-party leaders
30%-Bureacrats
10%-miscellaneous

and 10%-ok lets leave that for the people.

That's where all this becomes useless.

The words you said,Its easy for you to say,because you are not in our shoes.When your neighbours are arming at such rapid pace,you can not be feeling safe,unless you are some ignorant fool like Idune,who thinks Myanmar isn't a "issue".A loser politician he is.

Both India and Myanmar is an issue for us and we need a strong military for that.As the old saying goes,"A strong military,is the best deterrent".

Threat of military action by indian foreign minister

Proof of this came during a closed-door meeting of a motley group of about 50 Congress leaders hailing from different states earlier this week. Addressing them in the capital’s Mavalankar Hall, foreign minister Pranab Mukherjee disclosed a conspiracy was afoot to destabilise the elected governments in Bangladesh and Pakistan. He let out a hitherto unknown fact to the audience: "I had to go out of my way to issue a stern warning to those trying to destabilise the Sheikh Hasina government in Bangladesh that if they continued with their attempts, then India would not sit idle." In other words, New Delhi had conveyed it was willing to take counter-measures in the Great Game, including the possibility of direct intervention.

http://outlookindia.com/full.aspfodname=20090316&fname=Cover+Story&sid=1&pn=2

Threat of military action by indian foreign minister

Yes we know these things and they are being discussed in other threads as well.
In fact I can give you one more thing,during BJP rule an Indian general claimed that they can sweep out Bangladesh in Two days.

But the point is we also need to keep an eye on Burma.We can not let them loose,or else they will take the advantage of it.

In the end, we need a strong military.

Back
Top Bottom