What's new

BBC: " More Poor in INDIA " than 26 poorest African countries combined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly despite all our troubles and disasters and a fledgling economy, ostensibly Pakistan still rates better.

Indian poverty levels higher than Pakistan's, says UN report - Telegraph

see the bigger picture mate.. Poverty is only one of the human development indicators

Pakistan slips further in human development index

Pakistan is one of the worst 46 countries on HDI of UNDP (ironically an index co developed by a Pakistani)

and remember, that the data used for measuring poverty in Pakistan has not been released since 2005-2006 and thats the time the $hit hit the fan in Pakistan , economy wise.. So your comment is a little self serving and quite misguided.. ;)

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

For karan and all the other indian haters, work to make india a better place, rather than obsessing about Pakistan.

As they say.. "Shuru kisne kiya tha " :lol:

No matter how much our growth rate is, we are going to have poor people. I don't hold high hopes of eradicating poverty in India. Would be a great achievement if we become a more compassionate society.

BTW, if you don't see poor people in your country, you are blind. Even if you believe you don't have poor people, and we do, we are still going to a BIG Pain In The @$$ for you folks and we are going to be happy :smokin:

For karan and all the other indian haters, work to make india a better place, rather than obsessing about Pakistan.

same implies to you aswell troll , pakistan is no superpower , the very reason you being on this thread shows your own obsession with india .

Frankly despite all our troubles and disasters and a fledgling economy, ostensibly Pakistan still rates better.

Indian poverty levels higher than Pakistan's, says UN report - Telegraph
there goes the di$k measuring contest, we humans are the pathetic creatures who make fun of their own kind over race, nations etc but not see the poor and suffering are their species.
why would they because "i don't know in what word to say it"?

some time I wish that I were never born to see that I am one of the ugly creatures(by mentality).

Why when Indians speak so highly of americans and white english do bbc say these things about incredible india

Brother, I think that above point does not hold any value when the bellow does a lot.
There is no reason to hide the truth, we have a lot of poor and the West just says that we have to do better to address the issue.
its not when you have a friend, the friend is not supposed to talk about our -ves, a true friend is one who says our -ves to our face and also guides us to address the -ves.
But on a serious note we should work together to eradicate poverty in our neighbourhood it is a curse that our people live under this shadow

A year back news which is already posted coming alive again for the entertainment of known hate mongering retards.

Hats off to moderation @ pdf.:tup:

Poverty is widespread in India, with the nation estimated to have a third of the world's poor. According to a 2005 World Bank estimate, 41.6% of the total Indian population falls below the international poverty line of US$ 1.25 a day (PPP, in nominal terms 21.6 a day in urban areas and 14.3 in rural areas).[1] A recent report by the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative states that 8 Indian states have more poor than 26 poorest African nations combined which totals to more than 410 million poor in the poorest African countries.[2][3] According to a new UN Millennium Development Goals Report, as many as 320 million people in India and China are expected to come out of extreme poverty in the next four years, while India's poverty rate is projected to drop to 22% in 2015.[4] The report also indicates that in Southern Asia, however, only India, where the poverty rate is projected to fall from 51% in 1990 to about 22% in 2015, is on track to cut poverty in half by the 2015 target date.[4]

atleast we are trying to decrease poverty in our country , future is quiet bright for india , as our economy grows our poverty levels will also be reduced

As time passes Poverty will decrease.....U just can't do a miracle and bring poverty percentage to 0%.....it's been just 64 years of independence and today indians are launching satellites,BM,ABM and AWACS at the same the economy is growing people are getting educated...in few decades india will be a developed country........NO one can stop this development all they can do is post 2 oe 3 years old report and reduces their frustration..so indians just relax

BBC WORLD NEWS

Eight Indian states account for more poor people than in the 26 poorest African countries combined, a new measure of global poverty has found.

The Indian states, including Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal, have 421 million "poor" people, the study found.

This is more than the 410 million poor in the poorest African countries, it said.
BBC News - 'More poor' in India than Africa

OMG! :cray::cray::cray:
421 million poor in these 3 states...ha ha ha..seriously whoever has the data doesnt even know that the total population of these 3 states is much less than 421 million...

Rafi bhai, i have a question for u, do feel happy if you find more poor in India. And are you doing anything for your country. does your govn taking any programs to lift poor. Atleast our govn giving daily needs under subsidy to the poor.

No bro - I have seen the poverty in india and other countries, it does not give me any pleasure whatsoever - I like to remind indians when they make fun of my country. And I have bled for my country and I do what I can for the poor - but you don't do that for bragging rights.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

see the bigger picture mate.. Poverty is only one of the human development indicators

Pakistan is one of the worst 46 countries on HDI of UNDP (ironically an index co developed by a Pakistani)

and remember, that the data used for measuring poverty in Pakistan has not been released since 2005-2006 and thats the time the $hit hit the fan in Pakistan , economy wise.. So your comment is a little self serving and quite misguided.. ;)

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

As they say.. "Shuru kisne kiya tha " :lol:

Thusi bharti inferiority complex walle keeta shuru. ;)

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

same implies to you aswell troll , pakistan is no superpower , the very reason you being on this thread shows your own obsession with india .

And why are you on this Pakistani forum son, and we never like you lot claimed Pakistan is a superpower, we leave that to inferiority complex laden indians. ;)

ohhhhhhh no BBC waly saly jeeny nhi dety now this news become tool in hands of many for destroy every thread :rofl:

I think the likes of UN and related organisations are in a better position to disclose the facts than citizens who tend to fall victim to their own choice of media and source.

India has more 'multidimensionally poor' than Pakistan - Economic Times

Any ways, the subject here is India Vis-a-Vis Sub Saharan States. :)

In terms of quantity, there are more poor people in India than Africa because India has a very high population. Most African countries on the other hand have relatively low levels of population.

I agree that there is grinding poverty over there, along with corruption. But this isn't only an Indian issue. It is also an issue of South Asia in general as well.

India income inequality doubles in 20 years, says OECD

The Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) says the top 10% of wage-earners make 12 times more than the bottom 10%, compared to six times 20 years ago.

China has more inequality than India.

2mmepsw.jpg

Brazil, Indonesia and, on some indicators, Argentina have recorded significant progress in reducing inequality over the past 20 years. By contrast, China, India, the Russian Federation and South Africa have all become less equal over time and inequality levels in Argentina and Brazil do remain high. Inequality in South Africa and Russia has also reached high levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom