What's new

BBC: India's new big-budget superhero movie.RaOne

well jo bhi srk is the king of bollywood and the movie collections are showing every where....2nd day is gonna be record breaking day

well jo bhi srk is the king of bollywood and the movie collections are showing every where....2nd day is gonna be record breaking day

well i can say srk and salman are glamorous but for me amir khan is the best , he just works like a professional .......apart from amir i even like nassrudin shah , boman irani , nana patekar .......

dunno about ra-one but DON 2 Teaser's lookin good..

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrible movie. Special effects were world class, but I personally think special effects enhance the rest good scripting and acting, not replace them. The video game style was somewhat reminiscent of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. However, this combined with childish action sequences and a father son storyline to make this movie somewhat of a kids' movie. Unfortunately, much of the humor was far too crude for a kids' movie. Kareena Kapoor's acting was pretty good but SRK's acting for G.One was uncharacteristically bad (his acting as Shekhar was okay). Armaan Verma was goddamn annoying. I hope I don't have to see that kid in any other movies. Oh and when I first saw Ra.One in the computer game I was pretty impressed by how scary they had made him look. Then Ra.One came out of the game and into the world and seemed pathetic for a supervillain.

All in all, shows that Bollywood now has top notch special effects but is often about as good as a Disney movie in terms of scripting and acting. Ra.One is so bad it's not even worth comparing to Endhiran.

Terrible movie. Special effects were world class, but I personally think special effects enhance the rest good scripting and acting, not replace them. The video game style was somewhat reminiscent of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. However, this combined with childish action sequences and a father son storyline to make this movie somewhat of a kids' movie. Unfortunately, much of the humor was far too crude for a kids' movie. Kareena Kapoor's acting was pretty good but SRK's acting for G.One was uncharacteristically bad (his acting as Shekhar was okay). Armaan Verma was goddamn annoying. I hope I don't have to see that kid in any other movies. Oh and when I first saw Ra.One in the computer game I was pretty impressed by how scary they had made him look. Then Ra.One came out of the game and into the world and seemed pathetic for a supervillain.

All in all, shows that Bollywood now has top notch special effects but is often about as good as a Disney movie in terms of scripting and acting. Ra.One is so bad it's not even worth comparing to Endhiran.

I saw an interview with Sharukh khan where he said the same thing that modern Indian cinema is fast catching up with the Hollywood in technology but it is still lacking in screenplay and narration. Well this movie just highlighted that. May be for at least super hero movies, I earnestly request our directors to come up with a story that doesn't revolve around love. Too much emotions and sentiments ruins them for me.

Ra One grosses stupendous Rs.62.50 crores for First two days In India

Eros International Media Ltd has announced a stunning opening for Shah Rukh Khan's Ra.One, produced by Red Chillies Entertainments which release across theatres worldwide on October 26, 2011. The Diwali release has garnered a bumper collection of Rs.62.50 crores in its opening two days of Diwali and New Year.

Ra.One grossed Rs.26.5 crores witha net of Rs.18.5 crores on Wednesday, October 26th making it the highest ever Diwali day collection in the history of Indian Cinema. The second day collections on Thursday, October 27 were even more impressive with the film raking in Rs.36 crores gross with a net of Rs.25.10 crores making it the highest collection ever for a single day for an Indian film. Also in the overseas market film has shown magnificent preformance being the highest collections for any Indian film so far.

Releasing over the extended festive weekend, Ra.One opened across more than 4000 plus screens worldwide (3100 plus screens in India and 904 prints internationally including 3D, Tamil and Telugu) to rave responses and continues to draw in record numbers released across. The film has earned glowing reviews from leading critics including Nikhat Kazmi of The Times of India who described Ra.One as 'paisa vasool entertainment (3 1/2 stars), leading trade analyst and critic Taran Adarsh who has praised the film as a 'Solid entertainer having Blockbuster written all over it' (4 1/2 stars ) and Subhash K Jha who termed Ra.One as 'a crackerjack of a clutter breaker... smart, sassy, saucy and scintillating' (3 1/2 stars).

The Eros International Media Ltd stock closed the day at Rs.261.15, down by Rs.2.50 or 0.95%. The stock hit an intraday high of Rs.272 and low of Rs.244.50.

The total traded quantity was 6.27 lakhs compared to 2 week average of 2.38 lakhs.

That's just in India alone. Sharukh gets more revenue abroad than India itself. Looking at the numbers I can't but muse that our local bollywood industry is taking off in overall sales revenue. By 2020, it could even compete with hollywood revenues.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

copy of IRON MAN :rofl::rofl:

I pity you. Have you at least seen the movie 'Iron man'.

Copy or whatever it was shittest movie ever ...........I cant imagine Shahrukh doing this total waste to time movie.It got no story , start was crap and have no end at all........

Total waste ot time and total disappointment in Shahrukh Khan for this movie.......

bullshit movie..picked up many of the things from terminator...I thank myself that I didnt go watched the movie in theater

The plot was weak. Most reviewers are praising the film for its special effects or "creation of a new genre in Bollywood " or so they term it .

I pity you. Have you at least seen the movie 'Iron man'.[/FONT]

so sorry for comparing iron man, this movie is a junk compared to it, or i must say they copied some iron man moves and suit and some bits of spider man

got this one on Facebook

Ra.one Jokes Collection :
1: Govt also declared 26th Oct as public holiday to celebrate the end of Ra.One promotions...!
2: Govt of India just announced Rs 50,000 relief to all those who watched Ra.One . Rs.25,000 for those who left at interval.
3: Breaking News...! Crocin, Disprin, Combiflam, Adol Panadol, Diclomol and all Headache Tablets Stock over after RA.ONE's release
4: Salman to SRK after watching Ra.One, "Mujh par ek ehsaan karna, dubara aisi movie mat banana"
5: Rahul Gandhi to meet people affected after seeing Ra.One.
6: Even Ra.mu doesn't wanna waste time by watchin Ra.one...!
7: Nahi chala RA.ONE...! Ab SRK bolega buy one get one aur ek week ke baad bolega, RA.ONE coming soon on Sahara.One and Star.one.
8: All bachelors must see Ra.One to understand what PAIN means to married men.
9: Ra.One gives more pain than a wife - HARD TO BELIVE BUT TRUE.
10: Get RA.ONE under Lokpal bill...! Put people behind bars who made such movie.
11: As SRK hates losing & hates messages he is surely going to take a break from Twitter. Now v came 2 know why he joined Google+ before RA.ONE release.
12: Faking News 100 people committed mass suicide after watching Ra.one!

I am very happy that SRK film bombed. He is very arrogant.

Back
Top Bottom