What's new

BBC Documentary on the Unprovoked Attack Against the USS Liberty by Israel

Here few facts:

1) US informed Israel that there will be no US ships in conflict area. But Liberty was sent to the area without notice.
2) Israeli planes were armed with ground attack weapons (automatic cannons and napalm canisters), which could not cause serious damage to large ship like Liberty. That means they were called off from ground attack operation.
3) Israeli planes and boats were marked, furthmore Mirages had very distinguish shape than only Israel had in that area.
4) During the entire attack Israeli pilots were leading conversations in Hebrew. If it was false flag conspiracy they would either keep radio silence or lead conversations in Arabic (there are plenty native Arabic speakers in Israel).
5) Israeli conversations recorced by NSA and released show that Israelis did not know it was American.

Friendly fire accidents are very common during wars. In recent Cast Lead operation 4 out of 11 killed Israeli soldiers were from friendly fire. In Desert Storm 17 out of 20 destroyed Bradley IFV were from friendly fire. During Cyprus war in 1971 Turkey sanked own destroyer. During invasion of Sicily in 1943 US shot down dozens of own cargo planes...

Personally I think the idea that Israel attacked the USS Liberty in order to bring about greater US involvement in the conflict, something akin how Pearl Harbour was a god sent for the British.

Hmm.

"General, we need a justification to attack Egypt, and take over all of the Middle East. Oh yeah, steal some oil too while we're there. Don't worry about the Soviets... remember, risking WW3, nuclear armageddon, and spending 3 trillion $$ to get 100 billion $$ in oil makes total sense."

"Mr. President, in that case, I recommend we scuttle the USS Liberty with charges strategically placed in the hull. We can claim we were torpedoed or hit an Egyptian mine."

"Naah. Let's get with the Israelis and have them strip insignia from fighter-bombers and torpedo boats, have them launch an attack that will take several hours, and have them sink the Liberty. Don't worry about the U.S. sixth fleet or those pesky Soviet intelligence ships. We'll make it work somehow."

"Mr. President, that is the dumbest ******* thing I've ever heard. For a Casus Belli, you need simplcity and deniability."

"General, I... AM... THE... PRESIDENT. You will do as ordered, despite the fact that thousands of onlookers will see exactly what's going on, and a plan this complicated doesn't have a chance in **** of working."

"Yessir!":usflag:

:lol::no:

What an idiotic comment, just what I expect from a sheep.

The Captain of the USS Liberty Captain McGonagle stated that President Johnson was involved in the attack on the USS Liberty and made an effort to conceal an suppress information about the event.

The sustained courage of Captain William L. McGonagle and his crew in these desperate circumstances earned the Liberty a place of honor in the annals of the U.S. Navy. But despite energetic endeavors, including those of Ennes, who was officer of the deck that day, awareness of the incident remains dim and obscure. His stirring book-length account of the attack, Assault on the Liberty, itself continues to be under heavy assault twenty-two years after its publication.

The episode and its aftermath were so incredible that Admiral Thomas L. Moorer, who became chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff a month after the attack, observes, "If it was written as fiction, nobody would believe it."(1)

Certain facts are clear. The attack was no accident. The Liberty was assaulted in broad daylight by Israeli forces who knew the ship's identity.(2) The Liberty, an intelligence- gathering ship, had no combat capability and carried only light machine guns for defense. A steady breeze made its U.S. flag easily visible. The assault occurred over a period of nearly two hours--first by air, then by torpedo boat. The ferocity of the attacks left no doubt: the Israeli forces wanted the ship and its crew destroyed.

The public, however, was kept in the dark. Even before the American public learned of the attack, U.S. government officials began to promote an account of the assault that was satisfactory to Israel. The American Israel Public Affairs Committee worked through congressmen to keep the story under control. The president of the United States, Lyndon B. Johnson, ordered and led a cover-up so thorough that sixteen years after he left office, the episode was still largely unknown to the public--and the men who suffered and died have gone largely unhonored.

They Dare to Speak Out by Paul Findley

This link provides a good detailed insight into the event, for those truly interested.

one thing i would like to ak my Pakistani bro and Chinese , all the time you guys are ready to blast off BBC as a propaganda machine... but to prove you points and facts you go to BBC and paste their documentaries. HOW far is it right ???? Either you boycott BBC or stick to it.... why double standards ?

President Johnson confirms McNamara's order

The Admiral challenges McNamara’s order to not launch rescue aircraft, and the President comes on the line and talks directly to the Admiral. Johnson tells the 6th Fleet commander that he “doesn’t give a damn if the ship sinks. We’re not going to embarrass an ally.”

The 1967 Israeli Attack on the USS Liberty – False Flag Hatched by Israeli and U.S. Intelligence for Invasion of Egypt and Possibly WW3 | USS Liberty Cover Up

A comprehensive investigation into USS Liberty has revealed a false flag attack involving US President Johnson and perhaps Pentagon officials and Israeli Government and Military involved...Servicemen and USS Liberty survivors have been interviewed as have access to information behind the scenes.

One explanation I heard was that the attack on USS Liberty was a precautionary move by Israel in case the propaganda war didn't go well. In that case, Israel would play the victim and claim that it was the Arabs who initiated hostilities. The USS Liberty was witness to the fact that it was Israel who fired the first shot in the Six Day War.

One explanation I heard was that the attack on USS Liberty was a precautionary move by Israel in case the propaganda war didn't go well. In that case, Israel would play the victim and claim that it was the Arabs who initiated hostilities. The USS Liberty was witness to the fact that it was Israel who fired the first shot in the Six Day War.
Liberty arrived there after the war started.

We can fault the British for a lot of things but at least they can be a lot more honest than the Americans ever will be.
Nonsense. British are easily the most devious people around. Anericans are more of the bull in the china shop type who dont deny but brazen it out.

And the British are highly anti Israel in their propaganda.

u.s is willing to sacrifice all soldiers for israel security so this loss not matters much for them as these soldiers life has no value infront of israel

Back
Top Bottom