What's new

Bangladesh's GDP per capita has crossed Pakistan's GDP per capita

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this kind of misleading threads should be deleted on the first place.

Well in general Indians have friendly views about Bangladesh and Bangladeshis. Only after joining PDF I found out that Indian and BD posters are always fighting with each other :)
It is only because of the sense of nationalism on both sides that causes a little debate in the forum. But, take it lightly.

When the topic of Islamabad comes up with BD posters according to them its a showpiece city for the world . BS . 2 million people live there . That's bigger population than your third biggest city Khulna . Everything in Islamabad is in order because the local government in Islamabad CDA is notoriously strict with everything house planning , environment , cutting of trees etc . Recently Bicycle lanes were introduced all over Islamabad . As for the general view that it's an elitist city well its filled with 2 million people which consists of students , Migrants , Normal upper Middle Class people .

When the talk shifts to Lahore according to BD posters its also a showpiece city by Punjab government having shiny new roads , flyovers and orange line . Whats stopping you to develop your second largest city and making it look fancy ?

At the end of the day (even counting massive corruption and other warts/ills) ours is a democracy. As a group of people, we expect our govt. to focus on things with more priority than shiny new roads, such as ensuring healthcare, education and for example, setting up a hundred SEZs with hundreds of thousands of sustainable export jobs for the poorest Bangladeshis, ultimately to build an equitable developed society.

Shiny new roads and high rises don't feed a family of 2.1 children, or house them, or ensure healthcare/education for them.

In time we will build plenty of Islamabad type cities. We have central bank reserves right now to build about a dozen of them.

We easily possess the design capability to do so, having some of the best architects and city planners in South Asia. Please visit my Dhaka midrise thread I linked earlier in this thread (it's in the multimedia section). 100% of the residential, civic projects in Dhaka are designed by local architects. Some award-winning architects are designing projects in Malaysia and Pakistan as well. For example, Rafiq Azam recently designed the chancery building for Bangladesh in Islamabad. It won the World Architecture Award Cycle 5 and has been featured in various Architectural magazines.

bin.aspx

bin.aspx

bin.aspx

Last edited:
It is only because of the sense of nationalism on both sides that causes a little debate in the forum. But, take it lightly.
India and Bangladesh are culturally twins, with growth mindset, who together are responsible for the growth of the region. Good job!

And I am reading enough about Islamabad. I googled it and I realized it's ain't Amsterdam as people are painting it to be. Doesn't have a decent airport, metro rail, world class educational institute, world class hospitals, any international tourist attraction, any industry base, decent clubs, and boasts hordes of slums, etc. Why exactly should Bangladesh aspire to have a city like Islamabad again?

Last edited:
Well in general Indians have friendly views about Bangladesh and Bangladeshis. Only after joining PDF I found out that Indian and BD posters are always fighting with each other :)

There is a resident group of Indian trolls trying to 'disturb the peace' in our section of the forum. Or at least their flags happen to be Indian. Other than that, things are pretty peaceful.

India and Bangladesh are culturally twins, with growth mindset, who together are responsible for the growth of the region. Good job!

And I am reading enough about Islamabad. I googled it and I realized it's ain't Amsterdam as people are painting it to be. Doesn't have a decent airport, metro rail, world class educational institute, world class hospitals, any international tourist attraction, decent clubs, and boasts hordes of slums, etc. Why exactly should Bangladesh aspire to have a city like Islamabad again?

Nobody said it was Amsterdam ? Its much more similar to Canberra/Ottawa/Washington due its roads , leafy avenues and cleanliness .

5416508594_2c7e291a12_b.jpg

Blue-Area-Beautiful-Road-isl.jpg

Constitution_Avenue.jpg

Nobody said it was Amsterdam ? Its much more similar to Canberra/Ottawa/Washington due its roads , leafy avenues and cleanliness .

Constitution_Avenue.jpg
On what basis Islamabad is equal to canberra or washington? On what factors? Education? Infrastructure? healthcare? Transportation? International tourism? Industries? I fail to understand how can you make such comparison

City does not means leafs and roads, if that had been the case, European countrysides are 100X more beautiful than Islamabad, even in India many hill stations are equally beautiful but they mean nothing

Constitution_Avenue.jpg

Its airport won't even make top7 in India neither has any Railways/ Metro to talk about.

Even no companies are based there. In terms of cleanliness and open spaces, I do concede it may be best in S.Asia.

But Pakistan needs atleast 1 world class airport. Delhi is worlds 21st busiest airport.... Islamabad is not even in top 100. Sigh!

City does not means leafs and roads, if that had been the case, European countrysides are 100X more beautiful than Islamabad, even in India many hill stations are equally beautiful but they mean nothing

How many hill stations in India have 2 million population ? Do you think we don't have hill stations in Pakistan ?

You should worry about India . According to a research the poorest region amongst 49 countries was Bihar .

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com...istan-oxford-varsity-study/article6120424.ece
Now you are clutching to straws. Bihar, UP are open book of poverty, you don't see Indians claiming otherwise, By the grace of Allah, however, poverty is in decline, growth is high in these regions, but there are countries in the neighborhood of India where poverty and illiteracy is increasing than decreasing, where export is falling, loan is increasing, tourism is decreasing, reputation has hit rock bottom, healthcare is in tatters and rely on enemy for medical treatment, now that is worrisome...isn't it?

Its airport won't even make top7 in India neither has any Railways/ Metro to talk about.

Even no companies are based there. In terms of cleanliness and open spaces, I do concede it may be best in S.Asia.

But Pakistan needs atleast 1 world class airport. Delhi is worlds 21st busiest airport.... Islamabad is not even in top 100. Sigh!

Its New Airport is about to open in August this year .

1-Aerial-View-Tauqueer.png

For Tourist attractions / Architecture / Lahore or Karachi offers more variety because Islamabad is a new city .

Its New Airport is about to open in August this year .

1-Aerial-View-Tauqueer.png

This airport looks OK and it has a major flaw. Read below to find out

The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has admitted a major design flaw in the runways of the New Islamabad International Airport due to which two aircraft cannot land or take off simultaneously.

My question is, a city that claims to be similar to Washington can't even build an airport properly?

Brother you have my 100% support in this. 100% ToT needed on ALL new defense projects, especially those for the Navy.

well, in case of any armed incident in the Pak-Ind frontier, everyone would be counting Bangladesh's defence budget and the dispositions of Bangladesh military units.....

to be an influential country, defence buildup has absolutely no alternative.....
developing only the economy for "peaceful purposes" is the "shushil" logic, which only makes a country subservient.... if we don't use our money to buildup our military, someone else would be using our money to build theirs - simple..... split from Pakistan in 1971 was not have a subservient country.....

and right now, the globe is heating up..... East Asia is arming..... East Asian naval units are patrolling the Indian Ocean.... Russian ships are patrolling off the East Coast of the United States..... Arctic Northern Sea Route (NSR) is now heating up..... there are more submarine owners in the world than ever before.... more countries are acquiring bigger naval units..... defence budget is rising everyone except in Europe.... even there too, the Germans are trying to organize a European Army after the bragging of Donald Trump....

we can't sit idle and risk losing influence.....
defence buildup is now more important than anything else.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom