Bangladesh’s first Quran sculpture to be unveiled on Sunday

Homo Sapiens

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Bangladesh’s first Quran sculpture to be unveiled on Sunday
Web-Edit-1024x668.jpg

The sculpture in Quran in Brahmanbaria will be inaugurated on December 31, 2017 Dhaka Tribune

The 16-feet-high and eight-feet-wide fiberglass sculpture was inspired by a similar monument in the outskirts of Mecca

The first sculpture of the Quran in Bangladesh is going to be unveiled in Kasba upazila of Brahmanbaria on Sunday.

The sculpture will be inaugurated by the Minister of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Anisul Huq on the morning of the last day of 2017.

The project, supervised by Kasba Municipality Mayor Emran Uddin Jewel, is being constructed by Kamrul Hasan Shipon, a student of the Faculty of Fine Arts at Dhaka University. The Tk6 lakh project is being fully funded by the Asian Development Bank. The initiative for the sculpture was taken back in June, and work progressed quickly enough for it to be finished in exactly six months.

The final touches on the sculpture were applied on Saturday.

The 16-feet-high and eight-feet-wide fiberglass sculpture was inspired by a similar monument in the outskirts of Mecca on the way to Jeddah Airport.

Locals said they feel the sculpture would inspire piety among those who would behold the sculpture.

A local madrasa principal praised the initiative and hoped it would “illuminate the surrounding area with Islamic values and virtues.”

Kasba police have taken appropriate measures, including security for the law minister, ahead of the inauguration program on Sunday morning.

https://www.dhakatribune.com/bangladesh/nation/2017/12/30/first-quran-sculpture-sunday/

Quran should be above BD's constitution those who deny should be given bamboo. I dont want shariah law in BD but its legitimate deterrent against both the people who want to make BD faithless with Hindutva agenda and the people drag BD too much far right.

Quran should be above BD's constitution those who deny should be given bamboo. I dont want shariah law in BD but its legitimate deterrent against both the people who want to make BD faithless with Hindutva agenda and the people drag BD too much far right.
Religion has no place on how a state should run for the simple reason a state has people from different faith or faithless. A state cannot have favouritism. Everyone is equal. Secularism is the way to go. You should come out of the 15th century and join the modern world.

Religion has no place on how a state should run for the simple reason a state has people from different faith or faithless. A state cannot have favouritism. Everyone is equal. Secularism is the way to go. You should come out of the 15th century and join the modern world.

Europe America also experimented pseudo secularism and its becoming irrelevant. And same for surrounding countries. Seems like 15th century is way forward.

Tk 6 lakhs only? Should have just asked me..would have donated it 100% halal (no interest rates like from ADB).

:rolleyes:

Europe America also experimented pseudo secularism and its becoming irrelevant. And same for surrounding countries. Seems like 15th century is way forward.
Must be why these irrelevant entities have the highest influence, are the most advance economies and are ahead in every social and economic indicator you can find. While the few theocracies that have money, needs to rely on oil or gas or some sort of natural reserve revenue.

Baloney.

Must be why these irrelevant entities have the highest influence, are the most advance economies and are ahead in every social and economic indicator you can find. While the few theocracies that have money, needs to rely on oil or gas or some sort of natural reserve revenue.

I already made sure I dont want theocracy. Just to give majority of people confidence like surrounding countries. And in USA presidents have to make oath in the name of God. So this type of identity establishment. And that country is world leader in every aspect and faithlessness as well.

I already made sure I dont want theocracy. Just to give majority of people confidence like surrounding countries. And in USA presidents have to make oath in the name of God. So this type of identity establishment. And that country is world leader in every aspect and faithlessness as well.

Untrue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_of_office_of_the_President_of_the_United_States

They can invoke the name of god, or not do so, as they wish.

Specifically what do you disagree with, in his post?

And by the way, you do know that your signature is a lie, right? Were you devious enough to concoct that yourself, or just gullible enough to read it somewhere and believe that the Indian NSA actually said that? If the former, congrats; if the latter, commiserations.

Religion has no place on how a state should run for the simple reason a state has people from different faith or faithless.
Just a question, do you believe in democracy? If yes then how can you even say that ?
What if most of Bangladeshi peoples want it as their democratic right ? Still you want to impose your idea on them ?

They can invoke the name of god, or not do so, as they wish.
Yes because simply the belief and teaching of Christianity work like that.

John 18:36 -
Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place."

However Islam and Christianity is not the same religion. So comparison should be different.

Last edited:
Just a question, do you believe in democracy? If yes then how can you even say that ?
What if most of Bangladeshi peoples want it as their democratic right ? Still you want to impose your idea on them ?

If most Bangladeshis want something, or if even one Bangladeshi wants it, then he can have it - but cannot impose it on others. That's what democratic rights mean.

Democracy does not mean tyranny of the majority - everybody can choose their private beliefs and faiths, but cannot impose them on others.

In a democracy or Republic (or both), laws are made only in domains that are of public concern - private beliefs are not in the purview of laws.

USA, Canada, Germany, Western Europe are all Christian majority nations, but they don't impose their religious beliefs on others. A Muslim or Hindu has as much right to practice their faiths as anybody else

Democracy does not mean tyranny of the majority.

Yes because simply the belief and teaching of Christianity works like that.

John 18:36 -
Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place."

However Islam and Christianity is not the same religion. So comparison should be different.

I'm not sure what you mean. Could you clarify?

The point is that US presidents DO NOT have to take oath in the name of god. In fact, some legislators have pointedly refused to do so.

They can take the oath on the Quran or Gita or anything else they wish to.

In fact, the Supreme Court has held that:

"Neither a State nor the Federal Government can... pass laws or impose requirements which aid all religions as against nonbelievers, and neither can aid those religions based on a belief in the existence of God as against those religions founded on different beliefs."

Democracy does not mean tyranny of the majority - everybody can choose their private beliefs and faiths, but cannot impose them on others.
Excellent. Now teach this lesson to those savage of your country who murder peoples because the eat and carry beef .start with your hindutva prime Minister.

Excellent. Now teach this lesson to those savage of your country who murder peoples because the eat and carry beef .start with your hindutva prime Minister.

My country was not the topic, was it?

Anyway, glad that you agree with me. (That's what your statement of "excellent" meant, right?) Your understanding of "democratic rights", when you used the term, was flawed, and when I explained that to you, you said "excellent". I'm happy to have educated you on something today.

I could go off topic and talk to you about all the regions in India where the majority, including Hindus, eat beef everyday, or I could point out that just like the Indian PM is a Hindu, all your PMs were Muslims, and so on. (Since you used "Hindutwa PM" as an insult, whereas presumably a Muslim PM or Christian President are halal.) But I think the point has been made.

Hasina making sure she doesn't lose votes.

But the more important question is, how are you gonna protect it from the arch nemesis, birds?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom