What's new

Bangladeshis unhappy over support to Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually those who are commenting that it seems bad pakistan team has been supported by Bangladeshis is crime that same creature will remain mum if they see Bangladeshi are supporting india .

we love Pakistani cricket and we love bollywood movies

supporting a team , enjoying cricket are different then shouting slogans of zindabad..
don't indian like cricket , but i wonder if a indian crowd shouting england zindabad or auatralia zindabad...forget about it..have some respect for you country and for cricket..

^^^ they have the right to do that.

And elder brother have right to do such heinous crimes , as they did in 1971???

:undecided:

Its so fashionable to blame indian media and ignore the news. the term denial comes to mind. If you don't want to comment on the news, shut up. just typing gibberish about the indian media outlet is plain off topic and stupid. should i be saying 'fake wikileaks' the moment any news from a pakistani source is published??? seriously, two can play the game.

This is from bangladeshi newspapers for the obviously googlically challenged!

Mirpur Stadium in Pakistan?

Neither the full throated "Pakistan Zindabad" slogan nor the hundred or so flags of that country could impress the Pakistani captain Shahid Afridi, who did not have a word of praise or gratitude for the 24,000 enthusiastic supporters at Mirpur stadium witnessing the match between Pakistan and the West Indies on March 23rd. He just thanked the Pakistanis who had flown all the way to watch the game. Alas! This goes to show the value he has for the sincere and most misplaced support for his team in Bangladesh.

That the Pakistan team played with determination and clinical efficiency is above question and therefore deserves the support and respect of all cricket lovers. However, how far we take that support is an issue here. Is it necessary to wave the flag of any country when we show support? And that too a country such as Pakistan, whose army has been involved in a brutal genocide, murder and rape of unarmed civilians of Bangladesh? I will not go into the details to remind everyone what was happening on March 23rd forty years ago. Most of us know that. I wonder if the same scene would be enacted, the same flag waving done and 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogan raised even if the game were held on March 25? I wonder and shudder at the thought.

I know many, even my friends, will protest and admonish me, saying we should look ahead and stop living in the past. They will also say, "Don't mix politics and sports." I don't think I am doing either, I am just talking about self-respect and dignity. It was humiliating to many who found the atmosphere as ludicrous to sit through and hear comments from Pakistanis who said, "We did not know Bangladeshis love us so much" or "It seems this stadium is actually in Pakistan!"

Standing on the eve of forty years of independence we have so many mixed feelings of how much we have achieved or have failed. But one thing is certain: we are blessed to have our own independent homeland, our beloved Bangladesh. The war of liberation was our finest hour and we remember it with pride and pain. At the same time we want to be friends with Pakistan; we have no ill feelings towards its people. However, this relationship has to be based on mutual respect and understanding. Shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' and waving Pakistani flags in a stadium will do neither. It will only result in being ignored by a captain who neither has the decency nor etiquette to acknowledge this misplaced support.

exuse me but i think that this getting way off the sport man ship let them do what they want they know more about respect for their cricket team then then u do its not a war its just a game make it look like a game (I ALSO CHANTED INDIA ZINDA BAD DURING UR MATCH WITH AUSTRALIA DOES IT MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A PARIAH BECAUSE I WAVED FOR NEIGHBOR !!!!!!!!!! )

ITs funny you say INdians are different from Pakistanis due to the "foreign" blood (lol) then you claim you are brothers with Bangladeshi's? I hope you guys wake up and realize that we are all brothers in the Sub continent.....I guess the West is right about Islam...it likes the British it only serves a purpose to divide and conquer....at least for the extremist ideology that many of you practice

I don't understand what the big fuss is all about.

Bangladeshi people have the right to support whatever team they want. And when you see how they lost against West Indies, it is very natural they would have supported Pakistan's win against WI.

Questioning the morale behind this support by us Indians is very wrong, and we should try to stay away from criticizing someone for showing their support. It will be like criticizing any Indian for supporting England in the FIFA.

I think even the elders in Bangladesh do not have the right to dictate whom the youth should support and whom it should not.

The Game starts at 3:00 Pm local time. Stop wasting your time in all this non-sense. Cricket and war can not be synchronized together nor they should.

Expected. Not all people have forgotten the tragedy of 1971.

One needs to move on anyways.

From what I've seen interacting with Bangladeshis that is not the case and an overwhelming majority was with Pakistan, these are probably just fringe hard line lunatics

Whatever. The west indian team is back in the Caribbeans and here some losers are still talking about who supported whom and why they supported them. Lolzzz.

Get a life yaar.:)

supporting a team , enjoying cricket are different then shouting slogans of zindabad..
don't indian like cricket , but i wonder if a indian crowd shouting england zindabad or auatralia zindabad...forget about it..have some respect for you country and for cricket..

Its a game.

I don't understand what the big fuss is all about.

Bangladeshi people have the right to support whatever team they want. And when you see how they lost against West Indies, it is very natural they would have supported Pakistan's win against WI.

Questioning the morale behind this support by us Indians is very wrong, and we should try to stay away from criticizing someone for showing their support. It will be like criticizing any Indian for supporting England in the FIFA.

I think even the elders in Bangladesh do not have the right to dictate whom the youth should support and whom it should not.

hey patanjali that profile picture of urs shows the draw.. I know it and even played that sort of game to get draw.. even if king is played forward earlier then also the game is draw.. PS: I was a chess professional player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom