What's new

Bangladeshis the most generous tippers in South Asia

Tipping is a western concept borrowed by high end indian resturants forcing us to mimic western so called etiquette.....before that there was no culture of tipping in india, there still is none in low end restaurants free from these so called etiquette.

No it is a Bangladeshi concept perfected by jamatis.

So only those with MasterCard were surveyed? Meaning people with sufficient money to eat in restaurants ...if even they are stingy...what can one say :whistle:

And how honestly they answered the questions prob should be questioned :D

Hence can the answers be generalized over the whole population?

I dont like MasterCard I prefer visa :coffee: Plus I dont eat much at restaurant am more into home cooking...right amount of chilli and right about of taste, freshness plus healthy :D

I dont like MasterCard I prefer visa

Why? What's the difference? :undecided:

Btw Mastercard only tracked those transactions where tips were included in the card payment, cash tips were not counted, so the data is not fully correct, I guess they just tracked the transactions.

In the US tipping is almost mandatory, although no one forces you to (unless you have a large group then gratuity is sometimes included in the check) you are supposed to tip. It is because many jobs where tipping is customary like waiting tables don't pay the minimum wage, they are not required to. I generally tip 15-20% but I would much rather have a system where everyone gets a decent wage and no one has to depend on the tips, like in Australia for example.

Why? What's the difference? :undecided:

Btw Mastercard only tracked those transactions where tips were included in the card payment, cash tips were not counted, so the data is not fully correct, I guess they just tracked the transactions.
My MasterCard keeps getting stuck for online shopping and sometimes overseas...stupid "security system" half the time the website is down!

Visa is way better....so far their card always works :D

In the US tipping is almost mandatory, although no one forces you to (unless you have a large group then gratuity is sometimes included in the check) you are supposed to tip. It is because many jobs where tipping is customary like waiting tables don't pay the minimum wage, they are not required to. I generally tip 15-20% but I would much rather have a system where everyone gets a decent wage and no one has to depend on the tips, like in Australia for example.

I heard that even cab drivers are paid hefty tips in US, is it true?

My MasterCard keeps getting stuck for online shopping and sometimes overseas...stupid "security system" half the time the website is down!

Visa is way better....so far their card always works :D

What are the main shopping sites in Pakistan, just curious to check. :)

What are the main shopping sites in Pakistan, just curious to check. :)
:rofl: no idea...havent been home in almost 3 yrs...before that was in UK before that was in another country...ask some other member :oops:

Yeah I prefer giving tips in small hotels as the waiters are usually from poorer background but not in big hotels....

Yes your whole country is a joke. Thanks for pointing that out.

If thats the case than why are you so OBSESSED with our nation to write a complete book on that & giving links on threads which has no relation to it, I mean you open a thread on "McD operating in BD" & than write, For more about the dangerous nexus between McD in BD & McD in India, read India Doctrine :rofl:

Why should we give a tip anyway.....the service charge is already included in the price of the meal....

Most small restaurants don't charge service charge, so you are expected to tip the waiter. I do tip the waiters generously but if I see service charge on my bill then I don't tip the waiter.

The service charge is being added to the bill is new thing these days.

If thats the case than why are you so OBSESSED with our nation to write a complete book on that & giving links on threads which has no relation to it, I mean you open a thread on "McD operating in BD" & than write, For more about the dangerous nexus between McD in BD & McD in India, read India Doctrine :rofl:

I didn't give a link on this thread. An Indian did. Get over it.

Back
Top Bottom