What's new

Bangladeshis the most generous tippers in South Asia

In the US tipping is almost mandatory, although no one forces you to (unless you have a large group then gratuity is sometimes included in the check) you are supposed to tip. It is because many jobs where tipping is customary like waiting tables don't pay the minimum wage, they are not required to. I generally tip 15-20% but I would much rather have a system where everyone gets a decent wage and no one has to depend on the tips, like in Australia for example.

But waiters do have minimum wage... I think is like $2.15 per hour when the minimum wage for other workers is like $8 and more.

The owners of the restaurant are supposed to cover the difference. If the employees don't make enough tips which add up to minimum wage then the owners have to pitch in the difference.

But waiters do have minimum wage... I think is like $2.15 per hour when the minimum wage for other workers is like $8 and more.

The owners of the restaurant are supposed to cover the difference. If the employees don't make enough tips which add up to minimum wage then the owners have to pitch in the difference.

Yeah I know about tipped minimum wage but that's absolutely nothing compared to the cost of living and they have to depend on the tips. It is true that many of them end up making more than what Federal minimum wage would give them but that's not a stable and reliable income. I would hate to be in a situation when I don't know how much I am going to be making the following week.

Yeah I know about tipped minimum wage but that's absolutely nothing compared to the cost of living and they have to depend on the tips. It is true that many of them end up making more than what Federal minimum wage would give them but that's not a stable and reliable income. I would hate to be in a situation when I don't know how much I am going to be making the following week.

I think the waiters generally make way above min. wage and are happy doing it. Their minimum wage hasn't seen any increase in past 20 odd years.

my experience with bakshish culture in BD was mostly in wedding feasts, when more wealthier 'khalus' would get special service from the table waiter including a special finger bowl. but then besides that, there are also other forms of bakshish

indians btw are famous for their kanjusi

:lol:miser Indians.
my experience with bakshish culture in BD was mostly in wedding feasts, when more wealthier 'khalus' would get special service from the table waiter including a special finger bowl. but then besides that, there are also other forms of bakshish

indians btw are famous for their kanjusi

That chart barely supports your claim. :lol:

I am good tipper and tip generously so that I always get extra care. I even put couple of 10 taka bill even if I post a letter. I pay 100% tips in my hair cut saloon. So any girls who goes out with me always treated like a princess in the restaurant or anywhere people know me... ;)
Its all about feeling good and be important.

The first book was awesome... beats tolkien,sheldon,archer,browns by a long distance.

We are awaiting for the sequel ...." The Indian doctrine reloaded"- By Munshi.

If you havent started the writing, go to ur study room , break some glass or even some crackers near ear, eat some bhoot jhaloka chillies,abuse some people walking across the street, get the rage and start typing the damn book ASAP.

Oh my! i didn't know that being an Indian Author is that much difficult :angel:

Asians have been stereotyped as 'Khanjus' because of stingy Indians.

No that's because of Indians dude
Dont lie,thats why most of the Pakistanis try to pose as Indians in America,anyway Did you guys had some Plan of attacking us Indians on this forum together??

Back
Top Bottom