What's new

Bangladeshi Fashion

Ha ha well you are a demanding man aren't you :-)

Well if by ordinary you mean unattractive then I will have to ask for some time....:-)

Bangladesh ladies middle class or upwards have very high standards as far as how they need to look before stepping out of the house. This is true of upper class ladies in the subcontinent in general.

Here are sample pictures from one of the local photographers Kazi Arefin. These young ladies don't model commercially for one reason or the other (primarily family restrictions from wealthy families and because they don't need the money) - either they want pictures for their own collection or want to have memories.

Screen+shot+2013-07-05+at+1.39.03+AM.png

9409889112_5b6e7ee7dc_b.jpg
16038328674_d578c05f5a_z.jpg
16154674488_c2ed6dd0e9_b.jpg
16254841752_7c0e2b9a66_n.jpg
15371287758_4bfabd92ea_n.jpg
15521375769_7c307df735_b.jpg

Lady photographer Ishrat Amin in a wedding (she is quite a looker herself :-))
Screen+shot+2013-07-05+at+1.40.52+AM.png

But my BD friend says , such girls are very rare in BD ! :unsure:

I think whats in front of the building is beautiful but that's just me :D

well, that thing is too sharp-featured and thin for my taste. :D

these old buildings, in harmony with nature, should be how offices should be constructed rather than ugly modern skyscrapers.

these old buildings, in harmony with nature, should be how offices should be constructed rather than ugly modern skyscrapers.
I second. Every province of Iran is a piece of paradise. For example search 'Kashan' on internet and see how beautiful pictures you can find from old structures.

But my BD friend says , such girls are very rare in BD ! :unsure:

It is a matter of usually - class. Upper-middle class and Upper class women have lighter skin tones. And the images show everyday upper middle class women here. These women are not 'very rare'. :-)

I don't know what you (or your BD friend) are trying to say....hotties and plain-looking women belong in every country and culture.

But this thread is not a discussion - it is a chill thread. Let's just enjoy the images.

Pop Music industry in Bangladesh is vibrant and readily adopts new trends such as bubblegum pop. One of the local trendsetters is our very own teeny-bopper Mila. She represents edgier trends for women pop singers. A few images here.

561892_285722408199989_563610718_n.jpg
29062_403765879075_7176273_n.jpg
29062_403765844075_3707362_n.jpg
29062_403763464075_6997409_n.jpg
29062_403763369075_5526365_n.jpg
4597_83668979075_6427411_n.jpg
4597_83668989075_4607877_n.jpg
4597_81699144075_3350764_n.jpg

Yes we should put cows infront of those buildings

True

You haven't seen any real Bangladeshis i real life right?

Average Bengalis tend to have a duskier skin tone and more roundish facial features

I think whats in front of the building is beautiful but that's just me :D

OK - I'll simplify it for all of you. None of you guys have ever actually been to Bangladesh so stop generalizing.

What Bangladeshis you see overseas don't really represent what exists locally. That is all I can say. But we are trying to dispel these notions here in this forum. It is better not to generalize on what people from anywhere 'look like' (skin tone, facial features which are very racist comments really) unless you have visited that country or have seen all sections of population from that country. You CAN'T GENERALIZE. OK?

In the developed world (in educated circles) this sort of racist colourist thing is really frowned upon (US, UK, Europe) so you'll be in for a rude shock if you ever emigrate to those places. If you stay in the Middle East then no need to worry. Things are medieval over there in spite of money. Lack of education and exposure more or less. So if you have medieval values - the world will leave you behind. In fact it already has.

People don't really have a choice what skin tone or facial feature they are born with. But they can make the best of it in spite of social prejudices. If you have grown up with this sort of colorist notion it is better to discard it now because it is incompatible in the modern world. It is also incompatible with open all-embracing Quranic values which many in the Middle East have now forgotten.

By seeing a darker person and pitying them for it (or worse, treating them with disdain) is the most un-Islamic thing any Muslim can do. It goes against the spirit and founding values of Islam.

We live in a big, wide world where every ethnicity (black, brown, olive, yellow, white) are equal gifts from almighty Allah. Diversity is what makes Islam a strong religion.

The Qur’an addresses various manifestations of national and ethnic differences.

In chapter 30 (Su'rat al-Rum) verse 22, the Qur’an declares:

wa min ayatihi khalq ul-samawati wa al-ardi wa akhtilaf alsinatikum wa alwanikum inna fi dhalika la-ayatin lil-'alimin

Which means:
Among His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and the variations in your languages and colors. Certainly, in that are signs for the worlds. (Su'rat al-Rum, verse 22)

It is clear from these verses that variations in skin color, language, and even clothing styles are divinely ordained. The Qur’an makes it clear that such variations should not be a source of discrimination or derision in verse 11 of Chapter 49 (Su'rat al-Hujurat).

Ya ayyuha allatheena amanoo la yaskhar qawmun min qawmin asa an yakoonoo khayran minhum wala nisaon min nisain asa an yakunna khayran minhunna wala talmizoo anfusakum wala tanabazoo bialalqabi.....

Which means:
O you who acknowledge, one people should not deride another, for it may be that they are better than them; nor should some women deride others, for it may be that they are better than them; and do not insult each other or ridicule each other with nicknames…. (Su'rat al-Hujurat, verse 11)

So, according to the Qur’an, the differences in languages and colors, and even modes of dress are signs of God, which the Qur’an compares to the creation of the heavens and the earth; moreover, these differences should not be sources of rivalry or discrimination. On the contrary, the verb ta'raf in 49:13 indicates that people should recognize and appreciate such God-given differences.

Let go of your prejudices. You'll be a better person for it.

Last edited:
@Bilal9 i got nothing against people with dark skin tone and i you revisit page 3 (or was it 5 i dont remember) you will find me criticizing colourism in BD industry and praising Pakistani and Undian industries for promoting bronze skin hotties like Bipasha and Neha i just said that Bangladeshi girls(atleast the ones i saw in UAE) on average tend to have a bronzish skin tone which is nothing to be ashamed of or to get sentimental about i repeat i dont find dark skin people ugly or inferior

It is a matter of usually - class. Upper-middle class and Upper class women have lighter skin tones. And the images show everyday upper middle class women here. These women are not 'very rare'. :-)

I don't know what you (or your BD friend) are trying to say....hotties and plain-looking women belong in every country and culture.
When any preconceived notion is challenged by the new evidence,first reaction is astonishment then disbelief which lead to denial then minimization even ridicule.In the outside world the image of Bangladesh is overwhelmingly negative.Only image of Bangladesh they know are the flood victim desperate for the releif,poor malnurished dark looking labourer rickshaw puller toilling under the intense sun,slum dwelling malnurished women and children struggling to just live.So in the mind of outside world any good looking Bangladeshi is rare exception or even foreign ethnicity.Better nutrition,healthy easy living make people tall and good looking.One example is the african in africa who are significantly shorter than African american who are as tall as the white american.This is true for every other nation.We can't deny that Bangladesh was a very poor country with majority of population were barely surviving compared to the countries in the western asia,but With the fast growing economy more and more Bangladeshi people is moving out of extreme poverty,hardship and manutrition and joining the rank of middle class or upper class.So it is also helping the population in terms of look.Those who are wondering about the good looking girls among the steriotypical 'short black ugly Bengali' are overlooking these facts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom