What's new

Bangladesh to be the world’s largest prison?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I would not know how much I would make in the Maldives.

Haven't gone there legally or illegally to work or as a tourist.

This much I know is that even the legal Bangladeshis in Maldives are up in, what the Americans so descriptive state, - creek.

Now here is what the Bangaldeshi ambassador had to say

Exploitation of Bangladeshi workers worth hundreds of millions, says former High Commissioner « Maldivian Democracy Network

From the same article and it is not Indian, it goes on to state:

Yes, when they intend to come back home, they needed a pass from the embassy. They have to bring their alleby with them to get that. Its no biggie. Even you wll find bunch of them lining up in front of our UAE embassy saying the same thing.

You keep on growing until your GDP/Capita reaches Maldives. I wont the surprised BD finding India as a lucrative destination then. But ofcrourse if BD remain same.

Please give the figures and less of generalised pink clouds.

Less of contrived bombast would do most sufficiently to keep the balance in the thread.

Its all about cost/benifit. 8000 pound is nothing for going to UK from here while they are paying 4000 pounds to go to Saudi Arabia. They just sell a piece of land (land is expensive as hell) and board a plane. Most of them after certain period of time, leave their job and start their own business and send hell lot of money back home. So they dont bother paying money to go there.
My friend is in Manpower business and he said he could only make 25000 Taka, 400 dollar by recruiting 50 Indians because they cant afford to even pay for their passport. While he could make 50 lacs if he could take people from Bangladesh.

Cost benefit wise yes, europe is very good option, but not many can afford it. Also it is difficult to get in. 8000 pound I was talking about was illegal route with no guarantee of making it, I am sure the manpower guy does not use that route.

Cost benefit wise, my parents could have spent a lot on my education , I should have invested in property when time was good, but I could not afford them.

Remember we are talking about unskilled labour who go by connections and word of mouth rather than gdp per capita or cost benefit analysis.

Cost benefit wise yes, europe is very good option, but not many can afford it. Also it is difficult to get in. 8000 pound I was talking about was illegal route with no guarantee of making it, I am sure the manpower guy does not use that route.

Cost benefit wise, my parents could have spent a lot on my education , I should have invested in property when time was good, but I could not afford them.

Remember we are talking about unskilled labour who go by connections and word of mouth rather than gdp per capita or cost benefit analysis.

Well, it is the half educated middle class who pays that kind of money to go illegaly to Europe. They probably failed the expectation of their parents and look for shortcut to get back to rythm.

OK. Mr citizen of super-rich India that has a life expectancy of 64 years as opposed to 67 years in BD. Some of you Indians are beyond pathetic.

Btw, there was a report posted a while back that 500,000 Indians are living in BD. Why would a mega-rich state like India have its citizens go to BD when it is a mega-prosperous paradise?

Think about these things before you post any more nonsense.

where is the report?

Well, it is the half educated middle class who pays that kind of money to go illegaly to Europe. They probably failed the expectation of their parents and look for shortcut to get back to rythm.

Europe is now out of bound for unskilled labour, your point is about student visa route. I personally know 3 bangladeshis who are using student visa smartly to earn money. I say good for them as they themselves want to earn it in short term so that they can build a better life.

Many Indians have used illegal routes here as well as student route.

The illegals in India on other hand are unskilled(and uneducated labor), they go to other places too, like dubai or libya, but as I said, not everybody get that opportunity.
It is easiest for such people to just cross the border for a very small amount of bribe.

BTW it is not only bangladeshis, but loads of nepalis all over india, only in their case it is legal.

where is the report?

It was posted on this forum and I recall that Indians did not dispute this at the time. Sorry but i would not know how to find it.

Indians should not be throwing stones from glass-houses.

And lastly, as long as these Indians do not commit crime and blatantly disrespect the local people/culture then I am sure that the vast majority of BD people would not have an issue with them earning a honest livelihood in BD.

OK. Mr citizen of super-rich India that has a life expectancy of 64 years as opposed to 67 years in BD. Some of you Indians are beyond pathetic.

Btw, there was a report posted a while back that 500,000 Indians are living in BD. Why would a mega-rich state like India have its citizens go to BD when it is a mega-prosperous paradise?

I have known many Indians working in high level positions in Bangladesh. Most of them are skilled and legal. All the staff of GMG Airlines for example are Indians :confused: Even the country manager for IATA is an Indian (a very high paying post).

The Indians are concerned about illegal immigration of Bangladeshis to India. They didn't build a damn fence for no reason! It is possible and feasible considering the immigration habits of Bangladeshis and the economic realities in much of Bangladesh. I even heard of reports of Bangladeshis going to Pakistan on temporary visas, and never come back to Bangladesh. I have even known many Bangladeshis illegally living and working in Japan during my time in Tokyo. These are just an examples from personal my experiences.

Now the question is: Why do Bangladeshis have the tendency and try so hard to get out of their country in search for something better? Both legally and illegally?
The answer simple and partly answered in the question. You see, other than Dhaka, much of Bangladesh's economic growth are not evenly distributed throughout the entire country. Much of that economic growth is centered in Dhaka only. The regions close to the Indian border have very little development. In fact, virtually no development. This is another reason why Dhaka is so crowded and congested, that it'll become uninhabitable at some point in the future. I guarantee it!

Some people in Bangladesh came up with the idea of free entry for both Indians and Bangladeshis between the Indo-Bangla border (i.e: no need for visa or passport). But this is very risky considering the volatile nature of the region and the present festering issues Bangladesh faces. It would compromise the security of both nations. We are not USA, Canada or EU or something. Believe me, us desis can truly be a rotten bunch.

There is little or no reporting of this issue in Bangladeshi media. That is why most Bangladeshis are oblivious to the matter. Matters such as economic decentralization, population control and other important issues are falling on deaf ears in Bangladeshi politics and much of society. Its all about scoring points in the end.

I have known many Indians working in high level positions in Bangladesh. Most of them are skilled and legal. All the staff of GMG Airlines for example are Indians :confused: Even the country manager for IATA is an Indian (a very high paying post).
Is GMG airlines indian??

The illegals are not educated. They are basically skilled and unskilled labour who go as illegals.

What exactly is 'half educated'?

Let us say an illegal goes to France, he would not know French, do you mean that they are half educated?

What make you feel life expectancy is 64? If I may remind you that our hospitals and health care is doing rather well, considering that foreigners including Bangladeshis throng our hospitals. In fact, if you read your newspaper of yesterday, you will find that the Bangladeshi lady, who had returned from Canada where she was pursuing higher studies and who has been brutalised by her husband is coming over to India for treatment!!

Of course if you are that co.cksure, I would certainly be more than pleased to learn from where you got this information so that I could be educated.

It was posted on this forum and I recall that Indians did not dispute this at the time. Sorry but i would not know how to find it.

Indians should not be throwing stones from glass-houses.

And lastly, as long as these Indians do not commit crime and blatantly disrespect the local people/culture then I am sure that the vast majority of BD people would not have an issue with them earning a honest livelihood in BD.

So that is your authority?

Hardly worth the candle, if you don't mind my saying so.

Then why hire indians?? I mean if there is a shortage of pilots in bangladesh thats understable, but why hire indian air hostess or customer service people??

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I was referring to GMG's management. Bangladesh doesn't have any shortage of pilots ;)

As for the reason for so many Indians working there, beats me :undecided:

But Regent Air is currently the best performing private airline in Bangladesh. Its new and small, but has experienced great growth and offers great service - no delays. Management are all Bangladeshis :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom