What's new

Bangladesh sentences Jamaat leader to death for War crimes.

I dont think Kamruzzaman was a key player in 1971 to be tried under war crime tribunal. He was merely 19 at that time. This is plain stupid.

Well he was young agreed, but they must have found good evidence against him to send him to the gallows.

Hague will try him for war crimes and probably Geneva convention will be applied and may let him go free. Thats why law was amended and made it something like "Crime against Humanity" instead of "War Crimes" .

Thanks for clarifying mon ami, if people are supportive of this ruling then have all white dumplings in the world to celebrate the hanging of this monster but still I do hope bangla people still consider the other side of arguement and may be in near future reconsider capital punishment :) .

Capital punishments are necessary to all jamaat minded slave people. They were produced by evil power. Thats why they dont belong to our country. They are never loyal to the country and will make conspiracy against the country till their last breath.
Its not a question of religion. For the sake of country we should uproot the evil power jamaat :devil:

Well he was young agreed, but they must have found good evidence against him to send him to the gallows.

You have to understand, there were killings in war and we are not here to try for every killing. He was just a foot soldier at that time and should not be tried for killing some Tom or Dick. The key decision maker should had been punished like Niazi, Tikka Khan, Munaem Khan, Bhutto etc who had the authority to conduct the war.

@liontk all parties are doing politics on war crime issue, it is hard take a side :coffee:

Sorry to mention you mon ami and this was very insensitive of me to question about your opinion on this political issue after what happened in the tragic incident in Dhaka, where more than 800 innocent souls lost their life due to negligence on the part of the building owner. I wish my condolences to bangal people on this and my question was not about politics but rather bangladaise people's view on capital punishment. Also at this point it would be very counter productive to discuss any politics after the incident involving that Rana person, hopefully the bangal people recover in no time from the shock and hopefully those criminal meet their dreaded end in an empty jail cell. :tup:

Last edited by a moderator:

And just how do you know that?

You have to understand, there were killings in war and we are not here to try for every killing. He was just a foot soldier at that time and should not be tried for killing some Tom or Dick. The key decision maker should had been punished like Niazi, Tikka Khan, Munaem Khan, Bhutto etc who had the authority to conduct the war.

Cold War complications did not allow them to be tried (sadly).

Long Live Bangladesh, long live the justice.

May the God punish the killers of innocent BD muslims in the hell too. :yahoo:

This is a big claim you are making monsieur moderatore ;), got anything to back that up even I would never question the judiciaries's judgement though I do on a moral principle do not agree with it. May be this is my cultural ignorance but does judiciary play a big role in bangladaise society as far as being the constitutional police.

There are lots of evidence suggesting, them not to be Rajakars, atleast not the top fries. Almost no freedom fighters(who are not joined in political parties) know of them. And then there is the skype conversation of the court officials which makes the whole tribunal nothing but a joke. And the reports itself speaks wonders. A witness who saw the crime take place doesn't even know Bangladesh's independence date. over 10 witness reports taken by the court were not signed. An accused was given Hanging on crimes of some other person who he is not proven to be. Moreover, the freedom fighters have said that many of the ruling party leaders were war criminals as well. There are too many questions over this trial, and it lacks transparency which can easily make one doubt if the court is independent.

Sorry to mention you mon ami and this was very insensitive of me to question about your opinion on this political issue after what happened in the tragic incident in Dhaka, where more than 800 innocent souls lost their life due to negligence on the part of the building owner. I wish my condolences to bangal people on this and my question was not about politics but rather bangladaise people's view on capital punishment. Also at this point it would be very counter productive to discuss any politics after the incident involving that Rana person, hopefully the bangal people recover in no time from the shock and hopefully those criminal meet their dreaded end in an empty jail cell. :tup:

When a state cant afford to provide security and law enforcement in ever case by case basis, we need some good deterrent like capital punishment. it is debatable but works here and thats what matters.

Cold War complications did not allow them to be tried (sadly).

Not only that, if those 195 listed war criminals were to be tried U know many myths regarding the heightened no. of deaths would be busted. Are those 195 even alive today?

There are lots of evidence suggesting, them not to be Rajakars, atleast not the top fries. Almost no freedom fighters(who are not joined in political parties) know of them. And then there is the skype conversation of the court officials which makes the whole tribunal nothing but a joke. And the reports itself speaks wonders. A witness who saw the crime take place doesn't even know Bangladesh's independence date. over 10 witness reports taken by the court were not signed. An accused was given Hanging on crimes of some other person who he is not proven to be. Moreover, the freedom fighters have said that many of the ruling party leaders were war criminals as well. There are too many questions over this trial, and it lacks transparency which can easily make one doubt if the court is independent.

what is a rajaker(urdu?), I assume it is to identify the opposition faction correct. I am not sure about the claims as I have not read up on this entirely but can some re-appeal the decision of an international tribunal and despite judiciary's verdict!

let them decide?, you folks voted them in though the circumstance does seem appropriate but still thugs like milosevic, assad and people like this person should at least rot in jail before dieing a miserable death. A death sentence basically gives them a quick ticket out their misery mon ami, I know I am being the morality police but seriously don't you feel that death sentence is archaic.
I think death sentence is the correct form of punishment. Why would you want to waste taxpayers money on them for as long as their miserable life continues? Besides life imprisonment is more cruel according to me than death sentence. There is no point in caging a person for the rest of his life. Its a kind of mercy to them to put their misery to an end with an execution.

On the war crimes issue, well I can tell you most of the young generation are now pretty confused who are the real war criminals and the degree of crimes committed by this alleged war criminals. There are many proofs put forward by the government against this people and counter proofs by the opposition. I dont know about others but I am pretty confused about this convicted people's doings back then to say the least. We haven't seen liberation war and the massive propaganda by both the major political parties are only creating more confusion on this war criminals issue.

Bangladeshi wants war criminal's punishment with proper transparency, thats why AL won the election hugely.

But what is happening now is war criminal's punishment is taking place but less transparency, moto is like no matter how much the evidence is there, wants to give maximum punishment (while having some war criminals in own party)

on the other hand opposition parties actually want to stop the judgment on the name of transparency (actual fear is if the govt. does it successfully, people may chose the current govt. again in next election)

**main victim party (Jamat) is playing religious card to stop the judgement.
on the other hand AL feels Islam is anti- Secularism :-)cuckoo:)

all are extremists. thats why i do not like non of them all.

Back
Top Bottom