What's new

Bangladesh Revolution News and Updates

Well I do agree that media should not be gagged unless it's spreading rumour which results in more tension. For example govt of India banned some media outlet which were spreading false pictures of Burma riot which resulted in communal tension in India.

However 2500 casualties are just too far fetched imo and it seems common Bangladeshi people don't approve the violence caused by hefazat.

Can you point me to what you consider a neutral bd media portal, so far all international and mainstream bd news paper seem to be going heavy handed against the hefazat.

How did ANY media for that matter conclude what Hefajat did with no eyes in the field? I didn't conclude the 2,500 mark :no:

CNN has never engaged in anti-Bangladeshi activities. Government should at least make it clear as to their reasons. Also, Diganta and Islamic TV were banned. They did not incite any kind of violence or anything.

So that adds suspicion. Nothing conclusive though.

Everyone can comment there at Prothom Alo but all comments don't get published. They filter every comment before publishing. You could test it yourself. For direct publishing FB comments integration is better...but alas....Prothom Aloo can't do it, they're biased. Besides, no media can exist in BD at this moment without licking govt. feet.

Ain't that obvious? :woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
BAL got their Chapati Kolkata representative @LaBong :cheers: .

I have no love lost for awamis, however I do detest extremism in its all form. I have been engaging Hindu hardliners since I joined this forum. You just need to search.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no love lost for awamis, however I do detest extremism in its all form. I have been engaging Hindu hardliners since I joined this forum. You just need to search.

Elaborating extremism would just be nice for us.

How did ANY media for that matter conclude what Hefajat did with no eyes in the field? I didn't conclude the 2,500 mark :no:

CNN has never engaged in anti-Bangladeshi activities. Government should at least make it clear as to their reasons. Also, Diganta and Islamic TV were banned. They did not incite any kind of violence or anything.

So that adds suspicion. Nothing conclusive though.

Ain't that obvious? :woot:

There are videos circulating in media which looks like urban warfare of ragtag army against law enforcers. Also the accounts of people who's shops were burned by the mob etc. So it's not complete black out as you guys make it be. I think more detail will be available in future however Hefazat leaders seem to have backed off which tells a lot of things.

Since Awami League has blocked media to reach the location (Motijheel) of the massacre incident, then the public has no recourse but to believe the worst possible outcome, which is 2500-3000 deaths. Next time, if Awami League leaders think that they want to stop rumor and propaganda, all they have to do is allow freedom of press and full access to all journalists of all events.

I heard that more thn 1000 men died there .. So what are the next step of Jamatis are they protesting again for it or doing something else ??

Does military supporting them in any way ??

i just read in basher kella a transcript of video where a police man telling he who participated in the killing that around 500 people were died .

Awami League regime does not has local control in rest of the country except for Dhaka. I don't see how this fear tactics will have any effect.

After afect- scenario 1-ppl in rural are with little religious knowledge tend to be more aggressive , they will go against gov: and apart from army not enough armed forces to control the 64,000 village. So the gov: will have to back down at one point or get killed.
Scenario 2- only main 5/6 city is now under surveillance. When ppl from different part of the country's Thana/Union will go against gov: and go for mob justice for known AL criminals in their area,there's nothing can few armed police can do to help them.
The way things are running out of hand both can start simultaneously.

One of my colleagues' FB status:

বাপরে! অন্যদিন check point এ হাতের ইশারা দিয়া মোটরসাইকেল থামায় , আজকে থামাইছে পুরা খোলা পিস্তল তাক কইরা। পুরাই যুদ্ধাবস্থা!!

He was coming to office riding his bike, was stopped at Rajlakhshmi, Uttara by a police officer who was openly pointing gun on street to stop people and check.

After afect- scenario 1-ppl in rural are with little religious knowledge tend to be more aggressive , they will go against gov: and apart from army not enough armed forces to control the 64,000 village. So the gov: will have to back down at one point or get killed.
Scenario 2- only main 5/6 city is now under surveillance. When ppl from different part of the country's Thana/Union will go against gov: and go for mob justice for known AL criminals in their area,there's nothing can few armed police can do to help them.
The way things are running out of hand both can start simultaneously.

For obvious reason, every Bangladeshi living inside or wants to see what is going to happen now after that 5th April fateful night. So analyses and speculations / predictions are everywhere where it can occupy a space. Particularly for Bangladeshis---no matter where he resides---may I humbly suggest a methodology for this exercise from which he may easily draw his own conclusion---because he is familiar with the process of “ formation of views and feelings and determination of line of action” in monolithic Bangladeshi mind.

• Gather what rumor / gossips are on the air despite Govt. statement and BAL propaganda. [Closure of some medias has driven mass Bangladeshis to live on thriving rumor / gossips.] Try to meet a few survivors or to listen to their accounts, if available.
• Measure or mentally assess the possible impacts of that on those who are serving in various forces and Govt. Deptts and involved in various private professions.
• Assess the impact on minds of Rural Bangladesh where Govt apparently has not much control at present
• Assess the City dwellers’ participation (by silence) in on-going hartals
• Assess the theme of conversation with a ‘rickshaw-puller’ and/or in road-side stalls or/and menial labor around you, But take care that he may confide in you---otherwise he will be dubious.
• Assess the competing ‘likes’ and ‘status’ in available Social medias. Compare which side reflects “more” determination & commitment.
• Do you find these Bangladeshis around you are happier or more anxious and/or silent----than 5th May dateline?

You know very well---being son of the soil---that if an angry Bangladeshi suddenly becomes calm and starts wearing an empty look, his volatility makes it very difficult to predict his next action / reaction, and none can predict the degree of violence he is suddenly capable of.

Yes. That is perhaps exactly what is going to happen----perhaps in a quicker pace than may thinks it will. ‘the Just’ may be correct unfortunately.

তাহলে নিহত ব্যক্তিদের স্বজনেরা কোথায়: বেনজির

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2013-05-08/news/350661

নিজস্ব প্রতিবেদক | তারিখ: ০৮-০৫-২০১৩

বেনজীর আহমেদ
ঢাকা মহানগর পুলিশের (ডিএমপি) কমিশনার বেনজীর আহমেদ বলেছেন, হাজার হাজার ব্যক্তি নিহত হয়েছে বলে গুজব ছড়ানো হচ্ছে। এত লোক মারা গেলে নিহত ব্যক্তিদের স্বজনেরা কোথায়? সাভারে ভবনধসের পর থেকে হাজার হাজার স্বজন প্রিয়জনের সন্ধানে সেখানে গেছেন। তাহলে এ ক্ষেত্রে এমন দাবি কেউ এখনো করেনি কেন?

আজ বুধবার রাজধানীর মিন্টো রোডে ডিএমপির কার্যালয়ে এক সংবাদ ব্রিফিংয়ে ডিএমপির কমিশনার এ এ প্রশ্ন রাখেন। শাপলা চত্বর থেকে হেফাজতের কর্মী-সমর্থকদের সরাতে ৫ মে রাতে চালানো পুলিশ, র্যাব ও বিজিবির অভিযান সম্পর্কে গণমাধ্যমকে জানাতে এর আয়োজন করা হয়।

বেনজীর আহমেদ দাবি করেছেন, ৫ মে হেফাজতে ইসলামের পরিকল্পনা ছিল ব্যাংক লুট ও সচিবালয়ে আক্রমণ করা। রাতে যদি তাদের শাপলা চত্বর থেকে সরানো না হতো, পরদিন সকাল পর্যন্ত থাকতে দেওয়া হতো, তাহলে তারা তাই করত।

ওই রাতের অভিযানে নিহতের সংখ্যা নিয়ে নানা আলোচনা-সমালোচনা প্রসঙ্গে বেনজীর আহমেদ বলেন, এসব গুজব। যাঁরা এ ধরনের তথ্য প্রকাশ করছেন, তাঁদের কাছে তিনি মৃত ব্যক্তিদের তালিকা চেয়ে বলেন, ‘তালিকা দেওয়া হোক, আমরা খুঁজে দেখব।’

ডিএমপির কমিশনার বলেন, গণমাধ্যমের উপস্থিতিতে অভিযান চালানো হয়েছে। দুটি টেলিভিশন চ্যানেল তা সম্প্রচার করেছে। এতে লুকোচুরির কিছু নেই।

ওই অভিযানে মৃতের সংখ্যা নিয়ে এক প্রশ্নের জবাবে বেনজীর আহমেদ বলেন, পুলিশের এক সদস্যসহ আটজন নিহত হওয়ার বিষয়ে তথ্য রয়েছে। চারটি লাশ শাপলা চত্বর থেকে উদ্ধার করা হয়েছে। আর বাকি চারজন আহত হয়ে পরে মারা গেছে।

নাকশতার তথ্য থাকার পরও হেফাজতেকে কেন সমাবেশ করতে দেওয়া হলো? এমন প্রশ্নের জবাবে বেনজীর আহমেদ বলেন, ‘হেফাজতে ইসলাম প্রতিশ্রুতি দিয়েছিল তারা দোয়া করে চলে যাবে। এ ছাড়া গোয়েন্দা তথ্য থাকলেও তা সুনির্দিষ্ট ছিল না। বাংলাদেশের ধর্মীয় সংস্কৃতি হলো, ধর্মীয় নেতার কথাকে আমরা গুরুত্ব দিই ও বিশ্বাস করি। আমরা ধরে নিয়েছিলাম, তাঁরা ধ্বংসাত্মক কাজ করবেন না।’

ডিএমপির কমিশনার এ অভিযানটির নাম ‘অপারেশন শাপলা’ ছিল জানিয়ে বলেন, ‘অভিযানে কোনো ধরনের প্রাণঘাতী অস্ত্র ব্যবহার করা হয়নি। সারা বিশ্বে পুলিশ যে ধরনের অস্ত্র ব্যবহার করে, এমন অস্ত্রই ব্যবহার করা হয়েছে। তাই প্রাণহানি ঘটেনি। অভিযানের উদ্দেশ্য ছিল, কোনো প্রাণহানি ছাড়া হেফাজতেকে শাপলা চত্বর থেকে সরিয়ে দেওয়া। আমরা সেটা সফলভাবে করেছি।’

সংবাদ ব্রিফিংয়ে উপস্থিত ছিলেন ডিএমপির অতিরিক্ত কমিশনার আবদুল জলিল, বিজিবির ঢাকা সেক্টর কমান্ডার কর্নেল এহিয়া আজম ও র*্যাবের গোয়েন্দা শাখার প্রধান লে. কর্নেল জিয়াউল আহসান।

========================================================================

লাশ গুম বিষয়ে চ্যালেঞ্জ বিজিবি মহাপরিচালকের
নিজস্ব প্রতিবেদক

http://www.kalerkantho.com/?view=details&type=gold&data=news&pub_no=1236&cat_id=1&menu_id=13&news_type_id=1&index=9

রবিবার রাতে রাজধানীর মতিঝিলে হেফাজতে ইসলামের সমাবেশ সরানোকে কেন্দ্র করে অনেক ধরনের খবর ছড়ানো হচ্ছে সামাজিক যোগাযোগ মাধ্যম ফেসবুকে।
সেখানে প্রচার করা হচ্ছে, হাজার হাজার লাশ বিজিবি সদর দপ্তর পিলখানায় গুম করা হয়েছে। এ প্রসঙ্গে বিজিবি মহাপরিচালক মেজর জেনারেল আজিজ আহমেদের সঙ্গে কথা হলে তিনি গতকাল রাতে কালের কণ্ঠকে বলেন, 'এগুলো ডাহা মিথ্যা কথা।' তিনি চ্যালেঞ্জ দিয়ে বলেন, 'পিলখানায় লাশ তো দূরের কথা এক ফোঁটা রক্ত কেউ দেখাতে পারবে না। যাঁরা অপপ্রচার চালাচ্ছেন তাঁদেরকে বলতে চাই, আসুন পিলখানায় এসে দেখিয়ে দেন কোথায় গুম করা হয়েছে।'

তিনি আরো বলেন, ফেইস বুকের মাধ্যমে বিজিবিকে বিতর্কিত করার চেষ্টা চালাচ্ছে একটি স্বার্থান্বেষী মহল। আমি বলতে চাই, পিলখানা সবার জন্য উন্মুক্ত। পিলখানার শিক্ষাপ্রতিষ্ঠানে প্রতিদিন হাজার হাজার শিক্ষার্থী ও তাদের অভিভাবকরা থাকেন, কেউ দেখলেন না লাশ গুম করা হয়েছে। এক প্রশ্নের জবাবে তিনি বলেন, 'আমি মনে করি সৈনিকদের মনোবল ভেঙে দেওয়ার জন্য স্বার্থান্বেষী মহল এমন গুজব ছড়াচ্ছে।'

তাহলে নিহত ব্যক্তিদের স্বজনেরা কোথায়: বেনজির

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2013-05-08/news/350661

নিজস্ব প্রতিবেদক | তারিখ: ০৮-০৫-২০১৩

বেনজীর আহমেদ
ঢাকা মহানগর পুলিশের (ডিএমপি) কমিশনার বেনজীর আহমেদ বলেছেন, হাজার হাজার ব্যক্তি নিহত হয়েছে বলে গুজব ছড়ানো হচ্ছে। এত লোক মারা গেলে নিহত ব্যক্তিদের স্বজনেরা কোথায়? সাভারে ভবনধসের পর থেকে হাজার হাজার স্বজন প্রিয়জনের সন্ধানে সেখানে গেছেন। তাহলে এ ক্ষেত্রে এমন দাবি কেউ এখনো করেনি কেন?

Why should the ‘relatives’ trust them again----by coming forward and inquiring ‘right now’----who ‘just’ failed the ‘deads’ cruelly ? Do you think them to be so ‘fool’ ? Even in 71 upon similar claim by marauding Pak Govt., after operation Searchlight, none did. Now, in 2013, they know better.

Nevertheless, it does not mean that they will not ever, as they did in 71 in a slightly different way----but a little later. They will definitely do so, just we have to be patient. This "calmness and looking at other way", is not a good sign after, though, for all.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom