What's new

Bangladesh PM congratulates Mamata

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Bangladesh PM congratulates Mamata

Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina Friday congratulated Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee for her party's spectacular win in the West Bengal assembly polls.

"Sheikh Hasina rang me up and congratulated me on behalf of the people of Bangladesh," Banerjee told mediapersons at her residence in south Kolkata's Kalighat.

Banerjee said she has also received a congratulatory call from Bangladesh Foreign Minister Dipu Moni.

Banerjee said she thanked the two leaders and the Bangladesh people on behalf of the people of the state.

Recalling the state's close association with the people of Bangladesh, she said: "We will work together in fostering the age-old ties between West Bengal and Bangladesh. We have the same culture shaped by gret figures like Rabindranath Tagore and Nazrul Islam."

"We extend our love for the people of Bangladesh," she said.

West Bengal Elections 2011: Bangladesh PM congratulates Mamata - The Economic Times

The commies were always against good relation with Bangaldesh. They were afraid to show the development of Bangladesh to their own people realizing that will backfire their misrule in West Bengal. West Bengal just confined to only Calcutta and its suburbs now. The rest gone into shambles..

The commies were always against good relation with Bangaldesh. They were afraid to show the development of Bangladesh to their own people realizing that will backfire their misrule in West Bengal. West Bengal just confined to only Calcutta and its suburbs now. The rest gone into shambles..

We know it is correct what you have said here. But, Abir says west Bengal is four times more developed than Bangladesh. So, what is the truth? I cannot understand how he can claim this. The commoies have destroyed the backbone of west Bengal's future. They did not even allow industries to be set up there. How ridiculus!

We know it is correct what you have said here. But, Abir says west Bengal is four times more developed than Bangladesh. So, what is the truth? I cannot understand how he can claim this. The commoies have destroyed the backbone of west Bengal's future. They did not even allow industries to be set up there. How ridiculus!
Yes sad so all West Bengalis are crossing the borders over to Bangladesh...

Huh, so you taking Abir's comment as absolute truth??? Ask Abir how many industrialist or business houses West Bengalis owns apart from doing some trading business with Bangladesh? Not even 10% of the GDP comes from industrial sector. Then if you go to the country side only recently some roads are built through Central Government initiative.

Yes sad so all West Bengalis are crossing the borders over to Bangladesh...

We provided 1.1 million Indians with Jobs in this country through Legal means. They are documented.

Dont start trolling here.

We provided 1.1 million Indians with Jobs in this country through Legal means. They are documented.

Dont start trolling here.
Hahaha so ur suggesting India should hand over W.bengal to Bangladesh...:cheesy:

Ok then atleast take Assam plZZ i insist...:azn:

Not interested.. you keep it. We are busy with ourselves now and we dont know assamese either.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

:)))))))) many will be happy for Mamata's victory

She behave like Hasina though.. LOL

Thank god Indian Railway escaped :)

CPM's forte was land reform because of which even the poorest of farmers have their own land now in WB. That's why you don't see the need of microcredit in WB and no suicidal farmers. Although the policy backfired now as we need free land to set up industry. CPM under Jyoti Basu era did destroy not only the industry but also every reputable institute that they could found in their rule, but the last ten years have seen much changes. Kolkata is the 5th fastest growing city in India and Burdwan is tenth according to 2009 stats. State GDP has been growing by two digits rate for last 5,6 years.

Back
Top Bottom