What's new

Bangladesh opposition confirms poll boycott on deadline

I was only joking ! o_O

Do you think I'd want East-Pakistani again ? :o:

You Bengalis used to eat all of our fish back in a United Pakistan ! :mad:
ahahha It would not change much because you always prefer meat over fish :omghaha:

ahahha It would not change much because you always prefer meat over fish :omghaha:

Actually thats more true than you think - I just cant stand fish since I saw them in the fish market with everything intact !

Those creepy eyes starring back at me scared the sh*t out of me as the vendor was weighing them before putting them in plastic bags for us ! :fie:

It all depends on this man now
COAS IKB

Be careful what you wish for. They may never leave once they have the taste of power.

Are there any other countries which have care-taker governments for elections or is Bangladesh the only country which uses one?

This is of no use. This will only give AL an absolute majority. And, India will use its international diplomatic clout to make the election results legitimate, though whatever result comes out. @BDforever

Going to election under Hasina would have been the death nail to BD's democracy, sovereignty & existence. It would have legitimazed the rigged election already prearranged. Currently BD is a police state run solely on the dictates of Hasina backed by India. And as for intl clout of India, sure go for it. Lets see how long this last since more than 80 % of the people want neutral CT gov, even awamileguers. There r doubts whether elections can even take place since apart from Dhaka the rest of the country is practically out of awami control.

If there is no opponent, Al will get absolute majority. And, India will take care of international pressures.

This is not the only time we are seeing a 1 party election. 1986, 1988 and 1996 had 1 party election that didn't last long. CT gov was something AL and Hasina demanded & fought for to be included in the constitution in 1996 with 173 days of hartals, strikes and vandalism.

Is there no emergency clause in BD constitution to expand the tenure of the Government if opponents back out? In India, we have it. Government can be extended for years if needed.

14 parties vs 18 parties?

Hasina can stay in power without even holding elections since she remodeled the constitution with absolute power in her hands. As per her constitution, the present PM can carry on until the next PM sworns in.

Be careful what you wish for. They may never leave once they have the taste of power.

Are there any other countries which have care-taker governments for elections or is Bangladesh the only country which uses one?

For indians it may be something they don't wish for but that's not necessarily the case fo BDs. SO far Hasina is not willing to leave office and intends to stay permanently backed by India offcourse. Its already a autocratic police state with top opposition leaders in jail and rallies banned in the capital for months.

And yes CT system is there in PAK and many other countries not to mention BD was the first country to institutionalise it back 1996. Since 1990 all national elections were being held by CT. A system that provides the best alternative for credible fair elections which is otherwise not possible under a ruling party controlled state apparatuses.

Last edited:
Sheikh Hasina is in Self-destructive mode. she is flying high with low fuel. A historic fall is imminent.

Her plan A failed. She tried to lure few vulnerable BNP leaders to participate in the poll through Bribery to give it some sort of credibility, but failed. And BNP successfully took control of the streets which was out of the equation a few days ago. Hasina is finished.

Good move by BNP so far.no matter what,they should stick to this plan.this maybe their only chance in ppls eyes to redeem their past sins.
As for AL and hasina? ALLAH R NAAME CHERE DILAM.

Back
Top Bottom